• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls 3 prepare to die for the last time

#141 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:24 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 14 September 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

I learned how to play melee with this game which has been cool. We started getting busy with the B&B so I stopped playing but I was just farming souls before the end boss to be fair. When does the DLC drop?

Somewhere in october I think. If it's as good as The Old Hunters I'll be a happy man.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#142 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:06 AM

Pyromancy is a lot of fun. I've beat the Cathedral of the Deep and will now hunt down the Undead Legion.

#143 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:52 AM

I always have pyromancy as an add on as it doesn't need much investment to get some really powerful combustion pyros, plus the DS3 extras - the one that boosts attack power is awesome.

I realised a month or so back that I hadn't finished off the Storm King. Went back in and got him second attempt, gods know how but I remembered his attack sequence as I'd had so many attempts before.

Haven't played for a while, hope I'm not as rusty as I was when I booted up Bloodborne for the dlc.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 September 2016 - 07:56 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#144 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:50 PM

I'm looking forward to the DLC alot, my only issue being I don't want to start a new character to get into it, fairly certain I'ma be hella rusty, DLC might be very difficult on NG+4!!!
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#145 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:57 PM

Any one watch IGN prepare to try?

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#146 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:51 AM

I want to go in pretty much blind. So no.

#147 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:38 PM

Me too. This is some of the last dark souls material, better make the most of it!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#148 User is offline   champ 

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

Aye, if you haven't played it yet I'd definitely wait to watching it but if you've played the first DS, the first season was great too.

Tehol said:

#149 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:13 PM

Any idea when the dlc is out?

#150 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:17 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 April 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

So I played a few hours last night instead of packing for Japan. I went with the Assassin as that felt like the closest I'd get to a Bloodborne style character. And it is, I think, but I still felt like I was moving through mud at first. Dodging, attacking, it all happened slower than my fingers expected. I also played way way too agressive.

After a little I got used to the DS way of doing things again, and as the old strategies came back to me I got through the first boss without much hassle and ended up at the Firelink Shrine. The central hub it would seem of DS3. I managed to kill a samurai like character and am now running around with a katana like sword and throwing soul arrows at unsuspecting enemies.

I realise it's been a while since I played DS1 and 2. A lot of the names I hear sound familiar, but I am not sure.

Beautiful game, but for some reason I feel the character itself looked better in Bloodborne.

I misspoke earlier, it was Bloodborne that taught me to melee in a Souls environment and I carried that into DS3. I went with a strength build even though the ridiculously huge weapons do destroy my immersion. It was fun but all I want to do is go through the game again with a realistic weapon like the claymore, if and when I get the time. Or maybe a dex build. Anyway, great game and I can't wait to see what they do next. Anybody have any info on that? Bloodborne 2 is a necessity as a gauranteed moneymaker but otherwise? For whatever reason, and I do think there is a good reason that I cannot currently recall, I'm imagining a mechwarrior game which I think would be awesome. For the nonce, however, Bloodborne 2..take my money and give me my fix!

#151 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:52 AM

All I read is that they're now working on something entirely new. Can't wait to find out what - something Sci fi/mech would indeed be awesome.

#152 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 22 September 2016 - 01:17 AM, said:

So I played a few hours last night instead of packing for Japan. I went with the Assassin as that felt like the closest I'd get to a Bloodborne style character. And it is, I think, but I still felt like I was moving through mud at first. Dodging, attacking, it all happened slower than my fingers expected. I also played way way too agressive.

After a little I got used to the DS way of doing things again, and as the old strategies came back to me I got through the first boss without much hassle and ended up at the Firelink Shrine. The central hub it would seem of DS3. I managed to kill a samurai like character and am now running around with a katana like sword and throwing soul arrows at unsuspecting enemies.

I realise it's been a while since I played DS1 and 2. A lot of the names I hear sound familiar, but I am not sure.

Beautiful game, but for some reason I feel the character itself looked better in Bloodborne.

I misspoke earlier, it was Bloodborne that taught me to melee in a Souls environment and I carried that into DS3. I went with a strength build even though the ridiculously huge weapons do destroy my immersion. It was fun but all I want to do is go through the game again with a realistic weapon like the claymore, if and when I get the time. Or maybe a dex build. Anyway, great game and I can't wait to see what they do next. Anybody have any info on that? Bloodborne 2 is a necessity as a gauranteed moneymaker but otherwise? For whatever reason, and I do think there is a good reason that I cannot currently recall, I'm imagining a mechwarrior game which I think would be awesome. For the nonce, however, Bloodborne 2..take my money and give me my fix!

Bloodborne is placed safely in my top 10 gaming experiences of all time. That game simply clicked for me. The music was fantastic and the setting so much more interesting than the DS world.

Would I want a Bloodborne 2 though? I am not so sure. From Software, or the head or whatever, talked about wanting to do a sci fi setting. Now that could be very interesting I think.

Pyromancer feels almost too easy. Apart from the Cursed Greatwood I've defeated every boss and mini boss in my first attempt. I breeze through areas that previously felt like a massive challenge and am now entering Illithyl, the place were all dreams of competence goes to die. So we'll see how that goes. Though, I'm going to wait and get the tomes from the burning lake area first. I've been RP the gear a little more this time, with scruffy clothing and the wargod's shield. I traded my trusty fire ax for a fire Partizan, and that works wonders for sure. I'm also experimenting with exchanging the shield for the pyromancy flame, and it has been fun, though a lot harder, to dual wield spear and flame.

Mal, how about one of the medium sized axes? Those felt satisfying to me when I did a Strenght run. Heavy armour, one of the giant shields and an ax.

#153 User is offline   champ 

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

View PostTraveller, on 21 September 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Any idea when the dlc is out?

25th October

Tehol said:

#154 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:34 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 22 September 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Bloodborne is placed safely in my top 10 gaming experiences of all time. That game simply clicked for me. The music was fantastic and the setting so much more interesting than the DS world.

Would I want a Bloodborne 2 though? I am not so sure. From Software, or the head or whatever, talked about wanting to do a sci fi setting. Now that could be very interesting I think.

Pyromancer feels almost too easy. Apart from the Cursed Greatwood I've defeated every boss and mini boss in my first attempt. I breeze through areas that previously felt like a massive challenge and am now entering Illithyl, the place were all dreams of competence goes to die. So we'll see how that goes. Though, I'm going to wait and get the tomes from the burning lake area first. I've been RP the gear a little more this time, with scruffy clothing and the wargod's shield. I traded my trusty fire ax for a fire Partizan, and that works wonders for sure. I'm also experimenting with exchanging the shield for the pyromancy flame, and it has been fun, though a lot harder, to dual wield spear and flame.

Mal, how about one of the medium sized axes? Those felt satisfying to me when I did a Strenght run. Heavy armour, one of the giant shields and an ax.

The key lies in your first sentence. It was better than Dark Souls - it was slick and straightforward, not so many choices to make, armour is just fashion and you can mix and match at will with no serious consequences. One less thing to worry about and the gem system was sweet as fuck. Chalice dungeons were mostly trash but this is something they could improve on and these are the people who could make something like that better. It begs for a redo - I don't give a fuck if it's a prequel or a follow-up. Though, it would be extremely clever and right up their alley if it's set on an alien world, the homeworld of the cthulu aliens as an obvious winner. Bottom line is it's coming, whether you like it or not. Bloodborne made a lot of money and Bloodborne 2 will make even more money as a statement of fact. I really enjoyed DS3 but I love Bloodborne - it's just better in almost every way. I could compete in PvP which, by itself, is absolutely huge. I'd go to the soul-farming area where you kill the Nazgul-looking assholes, ambush the first pig and then lead another two pigs into the next three Nazgul assholes and that is a fucking fun place to grind souls (or blood echoes, excuse me). Anyway, that turned into a PvP area and I found I could compete in that environment. That's simply not on the table in any souls game - PvP is a completely different animal in Dark Souls, which is off-putting. Dark Souls 3 is a lovely tribute to the souls franchise and it should die now. Bloodborne, for me, is the start of something new and cleverer. Whatever they do now, it has to be more like Bloodborne than Dark Souls.

Regarding another playthrough of DS3 with axes or whatever, I'd honestly rather go back to Bloodborne. It's just better.

#155 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 26 September 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 22 September 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

The key lies in your first sentence. It was better than Dark Souls - it was slick and straightforward, not so many choices to make, armour is just fashion and you can mix and match at will with no serious consequences. One less thing to worry about and the gem system was sweet as fuck. Chalice dungeons were mostly trash but this is something they could improve on and these are the people who could make something like that better. It begs for a redo - I don't give a fuck if it's a prequel or a follow-up. Though, it would be extremely clever and right up their alley if it's set on an alien world, the homeworld of the cthulu aliens as an obvious winner. Bottom line is it's coming, whether you like it or not. Bloodborne made a lot of money and Bloodborne 2 will make even more money as a statement of fact. I really enjoyed DS3 but I love Bloodborne - it's just better in almost every way. I could compete in PvP which, by itself, is absolutely huge. I'd go to the soul-farming area where you kill the Nazgul-looking assholes, ambush the first pig and then lead another two pigs into the next three Nazgul assholes and that is a fucking fun place to grind souls (or blood echoes, excuse me). Anyway, that turned into a PvP area and I found I could compete in that environment. That's simply not on the table in any souls game - PvP is a completely different animal in Dark Souls, which is off-putting. Dark Souls 3 is a lovely tribute to the souls franchise and it should die now. Bloodborne, for me, is the start of something new and cleverer. Whatever they do now, it has to be more like Bloodborne than Dark Souls.

Regarding another playthrough of DS3 with axes or whatever, I'd honestly rather go back to Bloodborne. It's just better.

True, but there's a DLC coming for ds3 in october, and I'll certainly play that.

#156 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

So I have found my nemesis as a pyromancer. Oceiros just wont die. Every other boss I've been able to kill on the first or second try, but Oceiros in his final aspect is too fast and too agressive. A single hit kills me. A single hit on my shield exhaust me. Fuck.

#157 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:28 PM

Have you got a fast roll and decent stamina? I remember just having to get out of the way of that charge, and then hitting and retreating while he was head down in a wall trying to turn round. But you need some wind up time for pyro stuff..

There's always one that totally opposes whatever build you happen to have!

#158 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:49 AM

New DLC last night :unsure:

#159 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:31 AM

Oceiros has on every playthrough been the easiest boss for me, though that might just be that I've only used builds that deal well with him. I think when I first fought him not long after the game came out, he had some dodgy AI, he legit just spent the entire fight doing his charge attack into the walls giving me free hits, I took zero damage that try. He was slightly harder after updates and on NG+ and further, but honestly never had much trouble. I only ever used pyro for the Carthus Arc though, plus really only invested in Faith to use the weapon art on the Sunlight Straight Sword which is op as fuck!

Now The Dancer on the other hand! Fuck me I still hate that fight and I have done it waaaaay more than any other fight, as I used her to farm Sunlight Medals, I legit have trouble with her whatever build I choose :thumbsup:

Anyone played the DLC yet? More specifically either of you's guys got to or seen the final boss yet? I spoiled it all for myself, couldn't help it, watched Lobos jr on Youtube do a blind playthrough. The final boss fight is mental!
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#160 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:56 AM

Haven't had chance to look yet... I might check it out this eve though.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users