• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guns, control and culture.

#941 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:43 AM

Nico, I feel like we've been through this a million times. However... How are we not free? How? You're talking utter crap you imbecilic brainwashed cretin!

I'm free to send my kids to school without fear of them getting shot for starts...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#942 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:09 AM

I'm free to go to the hospital.....for free.
And because I don't live in a country where every Tom dick and Harry can buy a gun at the supermarket I'm far less likely to need to use that freedom, cause I won't be fucking shot at the cinema

#943 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:19 AM

I have the freedom to live my life the way I please, to travel where I please, to roam where I please. I can get the education I want, I am safe from violence and bankruptcy, I am free to speak my mind where I please and to organize as I wish. Alas, Nico has had a short circut somewhere and have started equaling freedom to the amount of guns he can own. Owning 4 guns more than someone else means that you're 4 times as free. It is known.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#944 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:27 AM

Is this America: World Police in action?

"My right to own guns makes the entire world more freedomer".
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#945 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

I believe the correct term is "Freedom-y".

:p

And yes, you can never have too many guns. You never know when the Liberal Apocalypse will strike.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#946 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:39 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 14 January 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Is this America: World Police in action?

"My right to own guns makes the entire world more freedomer".

It's the sort of embarrassing nonsense you normally only see in parody sketches about Americans.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#947 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 14 January 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

I believe the correct term is "Freedom-y".

And yes, you can never have too many guns. You never know when the Liberal Apocalypse will strike.

Rejected. Your correction assumes cogency, which, on the BOP, is missing.

#948 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:21 AM

See, this is exactly the reason why I asked about why Nico is still here. It's not that I want him to be banned or anything. No, it's more that he appears to have either gone off the rails completely or has always been off them and has now simply stopped caring. He does not, it at least appears obvious, have an audience here.

If there are forum members who shares his every view, where are they? We're not evil liberals who wants to silence them, we don't bite and people don't get banned for dissenting from the prevailing opinion across the board.

No, I don't think Nico has an audience here that he can influence in his direction, that much seems obvious to me.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#949 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

You guys all just hate Nico for his freedom.

#950 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

Wait - you took drugs with serious mindfuckery side effects, and then handled a weapon?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#951 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 15 January 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Wait - you took drugs with serious mindfuckery side effects, and then handled a weapon?

You need to learn to distinguish between BK's Cajun moments and his sarcastic ones.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#952 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:24 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 16 January 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

You need to learn to distinguish between BK's Cajun moments and his sarcastic ones.

We can't stop here. This is Bach country.

#953 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:12 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 16 January 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

There's a difference? Care to enlighten me?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 17 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

#954 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:51 AM

So 20 gauge is the caliber of your penis?

#955 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:02 AM

According to Wikipedia:

"The 20-gauge shotgun is a type of smooth-bore shotgun that fires a shell that is smaller in caliber (.615 in.) than a 12 gauge shotgun (.729 in.). It is often used by beginning shooters for target practice and for hunting small game."

And:

"In addition, 20-gauge shotguns have less recoil than 10, 12 or 16-gauge versions on average, and may be more desirable to those who want to experience less recoil for prolonged shooting. The lower recoil also makes a 20-gauge appropriate for younger (or conversely, elderly) shooters who may have a difficult time firing a larger shotgun."

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 17 January 2019 - 10:02 AM

#956 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:54 PM

12...? Apologies if I missed the sarcasm, I'm just never really sure anymore when it comes to Americans and firearms.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 18 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#957 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:50 PM

People die on spear hunting expeditions for boar. There's some number in the dozens of how many Greek stories alone feature someone being ripped up by a boar badly and dying despite having specialized equipment and many helpers/hunters along.

This carried over into medieval Europe too, so there's a bunch of boar deaths in literature too.

None of that story is safe and despite you growing up doing it, that level of responsibility shouldn't be on a child.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#958 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:21 AM

Yes, an adult wild boar can easily kill a human being and there are multiple cases where they have. In fact it has been documented that they have seriously wounded tigers.

So, yeah BK I appreciate that those childhood adventures of yours are golden things to remember, but a 12 year old should never even think of confronting a boar.

#959 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:54 AM

Don't worry, BK. I also know what it's like to go out in the wild to spear & cook your own food, even as a young kid.

(graphic image)
Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#960 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:36 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 14 January 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

See, this is exactly the reason why I asked about why Nico is still here. It's not that I want him to be banned or anything. No, it's more that he appears to have either gone off the rails completely or has always been off them and has now simply stopped caring. He does not, it at least appears obvious, have an audience here.

If there are forum members who shares his every view, where are they? We're not evil liberals who wants to silence them, we don't bite and people don't get banned for dissenting from the prevailing opinion across the board.

No, I don't think Nico has an audience here that he can influence in his direction, that much seems obvious to me.

Actually I came to an idea...(actually many are ) The right should just let the left have everything they have always wanted and offer no insight, no counterpoints. Just let them have it .The left who are mainly constrained to the cities so it would be fascinating to watch what would occur....

I think this would be fasicinating if one part of the population just didn’t lift a finger anymore as it seems like the “left” no longer, or place very little value on other people like your suggesting.

Interesting proposal huh? ( take everything the people that think differently than you value..)

I have come to the conclusion I would be completely okay if I just let go of my
Political points at the end of the day and just let the left go free reign. Take the guns.. take the freedoms...I will always be free.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 27 January 2019 - 04:41 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

Share this topic:

• 73 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users