• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guns, control and culture.

#781 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

So wait wait wait.

Your fear is that there is a giant lizard-people new world order that pulls all the strings and is preparing to take over the world, right? Maybe not lizard-people, but yea.

And your idea is that you vote for the same people that encourage you to buy all the small arms you possibly can, from those same globalists, because ... freedom, somehow?

If this new world order is so sure of themselves, so secretive and intelligent, possibly eons of planning to take over, do you think they would encourage you to buy small arms, if those small arms could do anything to prevent their master plan that is so evil, so far out, that we can't even comprehend it?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#782 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

Nicodimas, on 12 March 2018 - 05:41 AM, said:

Ill say again I am willing to support responsible gun ownership up to a point. No private citizen needs or should be allowed to ow claymore mines, rpgs etc. Here is the thing though, without those things your ability to resist the tyrannical government is alos essentially zero. Goverments control the GPS satelites, they have drones, tanks an airforce etc and frankly they have the men with the bigger guns and most importantly the training.

Nazi Germany Dekka Murder! does not teach us that private citizens need more guns to resist Nazi genocides it teaches us that we need to be more proactive in fighting such governments before they form. Europe had several resistances (French, polish, Danish to name a few), the Jews eventually did try and fight back (warsaw ghetto) and thought they played a role in fighting the Nazi those seem unlikely to have ever defeated the Nazi state on its own. If every jew in Poland had owned a rifle I still doubt if we would have seen a significant alteration. Poland would still have been conquered, Jews would still have died. The polish resistance was one of the most organized and the polish people in general one of the least compliant and yet Dekka Murder still took place.

The second link you showed is the bigger issue. Ordinary men and women who may not have been Nazi loyalists never the less went along with it. Deference to authority, mob mentality, fear for their own lives etc etc. Hitler didn't excactly make his racist views a secret nor did his army building go unnoticed. The citizens of Germany for several reasons didn't do enough to stop him and the outside world didn't do enough either. Neville Chamberlain famously tried to negotiate even after Hitler had invaded france. Every Soldier in Germany had a gun (which basically means almost every man in germany) and except for one major attempted coup all those guns in the hands of the ordinary man didn't stop tyranny. How can a bunch of men armed with guns be the answer to solve a bunch of men with guns and remain immune to the same problems that corrupted the first. Unless you advocate every man as an island and we destroy society in general. We can go full Jaghut!

The answer is not every man a rifleman. The answer is to for every man to be more proactive. We are seeing a resurgence of fascist and racist parties throughout Europe. The new dawn party in Greece jumps to mind. They pop up like mushrooms in countries facing harsh conditions. France has its own growing band. Trump seems to be flirting with white supremacy all the time. One man with a gun is not the answer. The answer is to step up as a group and say when such behavior is not on.

#783 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

Europe isn’t free. They think they are.. in just very very small view.

Have you been to Europe Nico? Have you worked there? (Especially the nicest parts of it like say Scandinavia)

I've recently had the privilige of coming over and working in the US (teaching americans to build quality cars :) of all things) and my conclusions are that except for southern hospitality and manners there really is nothing I'm going to miss when at last I get back to civilization.

Perhaps a bit harshly put but the USA is taking its toll on me.

The most insane thing is that a lot of regular and resonably intelligent people have somehow been convinced they are living the life while being screwed by everything in their entire society but it's okey as long as they can keep their guns for when the goverment comes and take their land or whatever. Fuck guns and demand things that matter like decent pay, 4 weeks of law protected guaranteed vacation, decent healthcare for everyone, pensions that you can live on so some people don't have to take a job at age 75 to clean hotel toilets, reasonable laws concerning drunk driving, vehicle maintenance and safety so that a small cities worth of people ain't killed in traffic each year and I could go on for a while...

This post has been edited by Chance: 12 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

#784 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:44 PM

I don't mean to caricature Nico's views. I do think financial elites are clearly manipulating markets and governments to suit their desires. And it's true in some cases they make closed-room deals with each other in order to mutually benefit. But it doesn't take a cabal of like Illuminati figures to do all this. It's the Rex Tillersons of the world. It's like fat dudes with walrus mustaches who run mining and oil companies, or pinstriped dorks in charge of banks, or legacy frat dudes who went to good business schools and think the stakeholder matters more than the employee. It's Mitt Romney and Dick Cheney and Ross Perot and all these other balloon-headed doofuses. It doesn't take a conspiracy of evil geniuses because this stuff is embedded in the culture. And the disasters aren't inevitable, it just requires policy that encourages a healthier economic culture. I'm not saying that's easy or inevitable either, but we're not on like a train to hell with a broken brake lever.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#785 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

That policy, mind you, requires a robust, powerful (in terms of being able to enforce policy) government.

This post has been edited by worry: 13 March 2018 - 03:45 AM

#786 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:34 AM

Chance, on 12 March 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

Europe isn’t free. They think they are.. in just very very small view.

Have you been to Europe Nico? Have you worked there? (Especially the nicest parts of it like say Scandinavia)

I've recently had the privilige of coming over and working in the US (teaching americans to build quality cars :) of all things) and my conclusions are that except for southern hospitality and manners there really is nothing I'm going to miss when at last I get back to civilization.

Perhaps a bit harshly put but the USA is taking its toll on me.

The most insane thing is that a lot of regular and resonably intelligent people have somehow been convinced they are living the life while being screwed by everything in their entire society but it's okey as long as they can keep their guns for when the goverment comes and take their land or whatever. Fuck guns and demand things that matter like decent pay, 4 weeks of law protected guaranteed vacation, decent healthcare for everyone, pensions that you can live on so some people don't have to take a job at age 75 to clean hotel toilets, reasonable laws concerning drunk driving, vehicle maintenance and safety so that a small cities worth of people ain't killed in traffic each year and I could go on for a while...

Where? Where did you live here? There are gigantic schisms in this country and its politics, so I'm just curious where this fantastically large "true" vision came from as an actual inhabitant.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#787 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:19 AM

TV doesn't lie HD

#788 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:26 AM

I wish it did, Mac.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#789 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

Nicodimas, on 12 March 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

( the Europeans here might not understand this, but your free cause of America.... Cause Russians)

So how does that work when the President is a fan of Russia and refuses to criticize Russia and has probably worked with them to undermine Democracy in this country. Then refuses to criticize Russia when the UK determines that they committed a chemical attack on British Soil in order to assassinate a Ex Russian Spy.

Nico stop watching Fox news and reading Breitbart. Just stop. It is rotting your brain.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#790 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

Vengeance, on 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

( the Europeans here might not understand this, but your free cause of America.... Cause Russians)

So how does that work when the President is a fan of Russia and refuses to criticize Russia and has probably worked with them to undermine Democracy in this country. Then refuses to criticize Russia when the UK determines that they committed a chemical attack on British Soil in order to assassinate a Ex Russian Spy.

Nico stop watching Fox news and reading Breitbart. Just stop. It is rotting your brain.

I'm guessing Info Wars over both, tbh.

#791 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

H. D., on 13 March 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

Vengeance, on 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

I'm guessing Info Wars over both, tbh.

ALEX JONES BONE BROTH, FOR DEFENDING YOUR BONES AGAINST THE COMING NUCLEAR WAR, AND IT WONT TURN FROGS GAY.

BONE BROTH.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#792 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:55 PM

I just had a thought about this whole "freedom" thing.

Proponents of this whole "freedom" thing seem to often talk about guns, 2nd amendment, liberty, private property, how terrible government is and such. It's this private property and terrible government thing I'm curious about.

Property rights are guaranteed by the government (except when it's not, like in the case of imminent domain), literally and figuratively. What then, if these people get their way and the government goes away? What guarantees their property then? It's yours because you want it? Because you have it? What if the other guy wants it more? What then?
Is it guns? What if the other guy has more guns? What if he takes it from you? What recourse do you have? Without government, the only recourse you have is fighting back.

Also, let's not forget, no government equals no 2nd amendment to hide behind.

I may be rambling again.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#793 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

Its simple, all of these people think they are the big, strong, intelligent people who think they will keep their property if there were no laws, with no sissies ordering people to take their stuff or w/e.

Its completely asanine and directly incorrect as to what would happen.

#794 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

Nico just wants a Mad Max world, free of centralised government, because they are the Enemy. That's about as simplistic as it gets. Nico, do you know what your government does (or is supposed to do)? Why there is one in the first place?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#795 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

I, for one, am waiting for the God Emperor to reveal himself before Chose takes over

#796 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

Primateus, on 13 March 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

I just had a thought about this whole "freedom" thing.

Proponents of this whole "freedom" thing seem to often talk about guns, 2nd amendment, liberty, private property, how terrible government is and such. It's this private property and terrible government thing I'm curious about.

Property rights are guaranteed by the government (except when it's not, like in the case of imminent domain), literally and figuratively. What then, if these people get their way and the government goes away? What guarantees their property then? It's yours because you want it? Because you have it? What if the other guy wants it more? What then?
Is it guns? What if the other guy has more guns? What if he takes it from you? What recourse do you have? Without government, the only recourse you have is fighting back.

Also, let's not forget, no government equals no 2nd amendment to hide behind.

I may be rambling again.

Its how the west was won

#797 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

H. D., on 13 March 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

Where? Where did you live here? There are gigantic schisms in this country and its politics, so I'm just curious where this fantastically large "true" vision came from as an actual inhabitant.

Its not a "true" visions no such thing, but it is the opinion based on the experience of a worn down european whose been in the US for a while soon going home thou (YES!). Yes I've not been to the regular tourist spots but mostly south carolina, georgia (but met people from a lot of other places) and talking with a lot of mostly blue collar workers, as I said earlier the people are great. Some parts I've been to seem pretty nice but regular people just seems to have it worse in so many ways and even those doing equivalent stuff to me have it a lot worse then I do (I do have it pretty good thou.). Its kind of jarring that at times your in a rich first world country and at other times your in the third world sometimes people here even seem to be living with one fot in each of those worlds. My guess is that the US is a good place if you live in the right state, have the right job but otherwise I don't really se much to recommend it at least not to live in, visit sure but not to live in.

This post has been edited by Chance: 13 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

#798 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:03 PM

There are many, many areas of extreme poverty in even the best states. Food insecurity - meaning "unreliable access to daily food necessities" - is high enough that almost 30 million children use subsidized meals at school across the country.

The poor are disproportionately non-white, are often shoved forcibly into prisons, bled financially, and are mistreated in a way that is shocking even in this more informed age. Life can be awful here. It can be really really good too, but I now believe firmly that it makes no sense to have really really good lives for a tiny few and a shitty life for millions.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#799 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

Look, I have a First Amendment right to demand we cut off foreign aid until we help everybody at home first and also argue that we should cut food stamps and school lunch programs for freeloaders. It also protects my right to tell people on welfare that all work has dignity and tell people with minimum wage jobs that they should have made better life choices.

It's just that money is speech, so some of us have more to say. And the most important thing I want to say is: without the Second Amendment, we wouldn't have the First Amendment. Just think about that. (Unless you're European, in which case the thought police might come and get you).

#800 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:48 PM

https://www.nbcwashi...FlowTwt_DCBrand

School resource officer accidentally fires weapon inside school.

We need MORE GUNS!!!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 73 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users