• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fear the Walking Dead

#81 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

Try and power through the 2 hour premier for Fear.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#82 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

All caught up to the mid season break. Very interesting. For this season, I liked it more than TWD.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#83 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

Anyone still watching? Wasn't too pleased with last night's episode. Hard to find a character I can sympathize with. They almost all seem too dumb to survive.

#84 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

Watched it.

Ofelia is dead. Bit by a zombie during the zombie mosh pit at the ranch. Then shot by her father (Daniel) before she turned. He was pissed at Madison and then was all like "lets go to the dam, it's safe there". Totally letting go of the fact that Madison didn't hold up her part of the exchange .... guns for water.

Nick and the one psycho son from the the ranch (forget his name) went on a drug fueled date (yep they are totally going to do it). Who knew that zombie brain stems were an adrenaline drug.

Alicia has decided following her mom isn't working so went on her own. And now has made friends with the Michonne of FTWD after bonding over powdered potatoes.

Strand made some deal at the bazaar that is going to bring trouble to the dam and then Daniel is going to get pissed at him again.

It did have one of the cooler zombie scenes when Alicia was hiding in that kiddie ball pit.

*sigh This show has fallen into The Walking Dead shitdrums. It's now stupid people making stupid decisions. All because the writers are not clever enough to create drama without going the path of least resistance and just making everyone stupid.

*double sigh Well, next week is the two hour season finale. I'll probably watch and then forget I ever picked up this show.

#85 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 October 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

Watched it.

Ofelia is dead. Bit by a zombie during the zombie mosh pit at the ranch. Then shot by her father (Daniel) before she turned. He was pissed at Madison and then was all like "lets go to the dam, it's safe there". Totally letting go of the fact that Madison didn't hold up her part of the exchange .... guns for water.

Nick and the one psycho son from the the ranch (forget his name) went on a drug fueled date (yep they are totally going to do it). Who knew that zombie brain stems were an adrenaline drug.

Alicia has decided following her mom isn't working so went on her own. And now has made friends with the Michonne of FTWD after bonding over powdered potatoes.

Strand made some deal at the bazaar that is going to bring trouble to the dam and then Daniel is going to get pissed at him again.

It did have one of the cooler zombie scenes when Alicia was hiding in that kiddie ball pit.

*sigh This show has fallen into The Walking Dead shitdrums. It's now stupid people making stupid decisions. All because the writers are not clever enough to create drama without going the path of least resistance and just making everyone stupid.

*double sigh Well, next week is the two hour season finale. I'll probably watch and then forget I ever picked up this show.

We're pretty much on the same page. I think if the finale wasn't next week I would have given up after this episode. We get 10-15 minutes of Rick and Troy playing Hunter S. Thompson and no time watching Daniel process what just happened.

#86 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Yes. Agree.

I mean, I guess the Nick and Troy drug date's purpose is to convey they are both very similar, in that they are easily unhinged, which I guess is an evolutionary attribute that is beneficial in a zombie apocalypse? In other words, the traits they exhibit while harmful in a lawful society will aid them in the way things are now. When they get together they both magnify this "sickness", if you want to call it that, in each other (to lift each other to new heights of debauchery). Which, once again, is something that is beneficial and will help them survive in the world as it is now.

But yeah, the way the episode just glossed over the whole Madison to return Daniel's daughter (Ofelia) only to show up with her dead, and with no weapons. And then Daniel just all of a sudden making a pivot from angry "I will kill you" to "lets go, it's safer at the dam" is just frustratingly bad television.

#87 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

To further extrapolate on the Nick/Troy ship.

I think the show may be trying to show the beginnings of a Wolves or Negan type thing starting at it's earliest stages. Where "Noy" (is that a good nickname for the duo? Posted Image) eventually gather enough followers and resources around themselves that they muscle their way through the apocalypse, taking from and exploiting those less powerful themselves. I know it has been discussed on Talking Dead about one of the shows exploring that topic, as there has been a lot of curiosity about what Negan was like before and at the start of the Apocalypse.

[EDIT] heh. Thought of a more obvious name for the ship (it's just sitting there like a ball teed up): Trick.Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 11 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

#88 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Madison should have shot Troy back when they dropped him off after banishing him.

So are they building towards a trading post vs dam show down?

#89 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, seems as if Strand made a deal with some undesirables at the trading post (bazaar) that he rubbed the wrong way earlier. I guess we find out what the deal is in the finale this week. They showed a clip on the Talking Dead and it included some tense discussion about someone coming at the dam and how the dam people (Daniel, Madison, Strand et. al) were going to defend it. One of the "damsters" wants them to just blow the damn open and "release the water to the people". Posted Image

#90 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

Wow, that was really a terrible two hour finale.

* Nick harvesting zombie heads to turn in for brain stem extraction for use as recreational drug at the trading post.
* Stand set up the deal to allow Proctor MCs to surprise attack and seize the dam. What a dick.
* Nick and Troy learn of the plan and rush to Dam to inform everyone there. So the "damites" agree to fight and resist. Things get bloody, of course.
* Strand tries to convince Madison to leave with Nick and Alicia.
* While planting explosives on dam (as a final option), Madison learns of Troy's treachery in steering zombie hoard towards ranch (thus destroying safe haven they had). He keeps mouthing off and she belts him twice, very hard, in side of the head/temple area with a hand sledge/hammer.
* So Troy is dead now. At least they said on Talking Dead, but I wasn't convinced. So no more "Noy" or "Trick" drug dates?.... I guess? Boooooooo!
* Alicia and "Michonne of FTWD" run across some trouble, "Michonne of FTWD" breaks leg so Alicia takes her to the trading post. Alicia gets hornswoggled into helping a "doctor" operate on Proctor John, by distracting him while a tumor is removed from his spine that was leading him close to paralysis. She comes along with Proctor John when the MC moves on the dam because he learns she is Madison's daughter. And Strand had made a deal that Madison does not get killed during the takeover.
* The operation and removal of the tumor was one of the most absurd things ever. You mean to tell me that right after you get a tumor removed from your spine (that was slowly causing paralysis), that you can all of a sudden miraculously walk and be hale enough to travel and attack the dam with your MC brothers?!?! You gotta be shitting me! (I would never shit you, you're my favorite turd. <<<< heh, had to throw that in there Posted Image)

* Strand shot Daniel in the face, but Daniel lived on to assassinate a bunch Proctor MC gang members.
* Water Queen who oversaw the management of the dam was shot and killed by Proctor John. Rest of the "damites" of note were murdered by a potpourri of Proctor MC gang members.
* Walker and his side kick sniped some of the Proctor MC members to buy Nick time.
* Nick made dam go all KABLOOOOEY! But not until mom, sister and Strand were supposed to be safe enough distance (which they weren't), in little inflatable raft/boat thingy. Sheesh, for someone who owns a yacht, Strand shore was not very helpful in getting it started and keeping it running.
* So now we only know the person to survive the dam being blown up is Madison, and Walker + sidekick. The status of Nick, Daniel, Proctor John + other mc members, Strand and Alicia is unknown.
* What was the deal with the Madison Christmas horror that was popping up during the two hours?

I'm sure I missed some shit, but don't really care. How bout them apples?

Well, not sure if I will watch this anymore. Oh who am I kidding, I will probably at least watch the opening episode of next season.

*sigh The Walking Dead season 8 debuts next Sunday. I think I've seen enough to be honest.

#91 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Yup, summed up most of my feelings of the episode. I really hated the fantasy family moments, felt they were sloppily put in and had no real value add to the episode. I'm not really sure if I'll continue with Fear next season.

#92 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Yes sieree bob.

Oh, and that "cliff hanger", if that is what you want to call it, is how NOT to do a cliff hanger. Now, when next season starts, we will probably have half a season of individual episodes to track what happened to each main character (if they survived). As much as crybabies popped their binkies out of their mouths to wail about The Waking Dead cliff hanger, that IS how you do a cliff hangar.

#93 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, I don't really care about Nick, Strand, Alicia, or Madison. Actually, if they made the show about Walker and his buddy wandering the land like Caine in Kung-Fu, maybe I'd watch.

#94 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

I know they confirmed that there will be a FTWD/TWD crossover. Walker and sidekick were heading north after watching the dam blow up. So I guess maybe those two could find their way into TWD territory. I guess it would probably have to be flash back from TWD perspective? Not sure how they they are going to do it, and I could be way off the mark, but I guess that could be one option for a cross-pollination of the two shows.

#95 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

They could just say it took a long-ass time to walk across the country safely.

#96 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

True. I think however they do it, I'm guessing the FTWD person (or people) will probably be associated with a group that is antagonistic towards Rick's group (i.e. Negan, Wolves, Termites, Dumpster Divers, etc.).

#97 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

Announced that Jenna Elfman and Garret Dillahunt will be joining FTWD. I guess Elfman is the bigger name of the two, but I've never watched anything she's been in. I believe I remember Garret Dillahunt from Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. I believe he was also in a popular sitcom (Raising Hope?). I never watched it.

#98 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

The crossover was reveled tonight on the Talking Dead after show. Morgan from The Walking Dead will appear on Fear the Walking Dead.

#99 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:02 AM

Okay, kind of lame how Morgan ends up in FtWD land.

Chillin as Oscar the Grouch in Garbage Dump.

*KnockKock (Jesus). Hey bud, come on back. You can't be here all alone. Come see what we're doing back at the Hilltop. Awesome pickle mac & cheese, and sardine soup for everyone!

- some time later
*KnockKnock (Carol) Hey sweetie. You helped me out. Remember when I just wanted to be the weird good witch just off a side alley down Ezekiel Kingdom Blvd ? And didn't want to be around anyone? Well you helped coax me back, and it was so worth it. You need people in your life. Come on back. I'll bake some crappy apple sauce cookies for you if you do, kay?

- some time later
*KnockKnock (Rick) Hey man. You helped me. Without helping me from the very beginning so many people would have died (Morgan has look that reads "yeah, and if I wouldn't have helped you at the very beginning, so many people would have lived"). So come back to The Hilltop and be a part of what you are responsible for.

Oscar/Morgan the Grouch is all like. Fuck this shit, I'm outie 5000. Deuces, suckers!

Then walks, hot wires, runs, walks, hot wires again until he's in FtWD territory. Meets up with a new character (which I, at this moment, really like) the cowboy, sharp shooter dude. They meet up with some baddies, are saved by a journalist with a bad-dass machine gun truck. Their payment back to her is to tell her their story. Ambushed by same bad guys. Win out again. Decide to hit the road together. Are then ambushed by familiar faces from FtWD.

LAME!

[EDIT] Much like I posted in TWD thread that I would like to see Daryl die ASAP. I also would like to see Carol die ASAP. Personally I never really liked her character tbh. And the wishy-washy, namby-pamby bullshit is tedious and tiresome. Please kill her off next season, Please? Not gonna happen though because I know she's a popular character.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 16 April 2018 - 08:15 AM

#100 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

I think I'm calling it on both series. I spend more time whining about stuff I don't like (infinite bullets, plot armor, ample water, gas, food...). It's not entertaining anymore. :p

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users