Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:43 AM

Deleted

This post has been edited by .-‘: 05 October 2021 - 11:33 PM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

I liked it too. Not as action packed as s01e01 of TWD, but it had more stuff going on than I expected which was a nice. Also, it was quite a long episode which is a good thing too.

#3 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

Just based on S1E1, it has potential. I did find myself surfing the web on my phone during parts of the show.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#4 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

Just watched the promo for episode 2. Seems to be continuing in the same vein of quick pacing. Lots of action seems likely.

#5 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostKing Briar, on 24 August 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

I thought the opening was very good. It was nice and intense in all the right parts. I can't wait to see how they handle the Collapse as all TV viewers have only seen the Atlanta nuke bit. Idk if the comic shows any of it.

I completely agree. I've thought from the first word of this version of WD that watching how quickly it all goes to hell and out of the "control" of "the authorities" was going to be the most intense aspect. Should be quite interesting...

#6 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:28 PM

Pretty much what I expected. It was weird watching knowing what we know about the walkers but everyone else not knowing what the hell is going on. Also it was weird seeing Alycia in a role not as the commander. Though I have to say being forced to watch the show over the internet using my in-laws Dish Network sling box was very painful. Way too much buffering issues and video audio miscues. Definitely wasn't the ideal view conditions.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#7 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostKing Briar, on 24 August 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

Did anyone notice the completely different eye colors we got for Z's compared to TWD?

I noticed the very first one we saw were this crystal ice blue color but I couldn't quite notice most of the rest. It definitely stood out.

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:16 PM

Damn those White Walkers are sneaky.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostAbyss, on 24 August 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Damn those White Walkers are sneaky.

:D

This is what I was reminded of too when looking at their eyes. They look very much like the wights in ASOIAF/GOT.

#10 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

View PostKing Briar, on 25 August 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

It was just jarring seeing the colors. I also wonder if they are going to do fast Z's like they had in S1? They were using bricks and shit to smash the glass of the store they were in in episodes 1&2...

Calvin certainly didn't look like a fast zombie to me, but it's possible, especially, as you pointed out, they haven't been exactly consistent in their zombies in the main series either.

If they're fast they should call them "runners" instead of "walkers" :D

This post has been edited by Esa1996: 25 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

#11 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

I'd love to see fresh zombies as faster & tool using.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#12 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

So that we know he is really dead and not just mostly dead?

#13 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:08 PM

skipped to the end to avoid spoilers.

Has this show started to air in the US? It doesn't appear to have started in the UK yet.
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#14 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

Stupid DVR got interrupted. I missed the ending of the second episode. I saw up to the point where the mom ran into her boss at the school and the stepdad was looking for his son in the crowd. What did I miss?

#15 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostKing Briar, on 31 August 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

Wow this was another good episode. It's not action packed but it's just intense in all the right places. I expect the Collapse in episode 4 I'm thinking.

Well from what I can tell from reading a few recaps I missed the riots at the end of the episode. Would have like to see that.

I have to disagree with your assessment. I'm thinking they'll save the collapse for the finale. It's only a 6 episode first season after all.

#16 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:31 PM

View PostKing Briar, on 31 August 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

Wow this was another good episode. It's not action packed but it's just intense in all the right places. I expect the Collapse in episode 4 I'm thinking.

I'm enjoying for certain, the end of that last episode was chilling to think about.

All I want to see is the military response in the next couple..in a Major metro.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#17 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

View Posttwelve, on 31 August 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Stupid DVR got interrupted. I missed the ending of the second episode. I saw up to the point where the mom ran into her boss at the school and the stepdad was looking for his son in the crowd. What did I miss?

- Mom dropped geeky conspiracy kid off at his house and went back to her home.
- Dad and his ex-wife and kid holed up in a babershop (metal shutters down, closing the shop) with the barber and his family as the riots broke out.
- Daughter was going to leave her druggie brother but he had a grand mal seizure, so she stayed.
- Mom called Dad, he gave her the low down and told her to head out to the desert and he'll catch up. She ignored him.
- That night daughter saw a "neighbor" attack the lady, who threw the birthday party, out on the front lawn.

previews for next week showed a walker staring at the Dad through the shutters at the babershop. Walker slowly making its way across the street towards Mom in her house.

I get the impression that episode 3 will show the first major horde and fall of the city. Time will tell.

No episode next week.

#18 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 01 September 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

No episode next week.

What?!

#19 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

not had a chance to watch this yet. mainly because BT have screwed everyone with SKY tv in the UK. Im not able to watch it on sky without first having BT Sports (I don't like sports).

My question I have is, is it worth looking for a 'not so legit' version to watch it? Compared to TWD how does the show rate?

Thanks
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#20 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostDeadHedge, on 02 September 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

not had a chance to watch this yet. mainly because BT have screwed everyone with SKY tv in the UK. Im not able to watch it on sky without first having BT Sports (I don't like sports).

My question I have is, is it worth looking for a 'not so legit' version to watch it? Compared to TWD how does the show rate?

Thanks

Not quite on par with the two first episodes of TWD I think, but better than most of the stuff since the end of S3, in my opinion.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users