• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fear the Walking Dead

#41 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:39 PM

Well add in the ending scene with the gun fire in the house that likely held people stranded with what Maddie told Daniel about non sick people being gunned down and I conclude that if you are outside the fence you are a threat alive/dead it doesn't matter. Why do you think Maddie hid under the car when the patrol came by?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#42 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

I have a bad feeling about that doctor.

I also guess that a lot of the doctors and nurses and dead at this point, seeing as hospitals must be ground zero for walkers. They must be desperate if they are willing to take Travis ex-wife who isn't actually a nurse.

I'm wondering if the wounded are gathered up to experiment on, that is something we haven't really seen in either show yet.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#43 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

View Posttwelve, on 24 September 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

Well add in the ending scene with the gun fire in the house that likely held people stranded with what Maddie told Daniel about non sick people being gunned down and I conclude that if you are outside the fence you are a threat alive/dead it doesn't matter. Why do you think Maddie hid under the car when the patrol came by?

Well she did cut a hole in their fence and sneak out, I don't think she was looking to get caught and having to explain. "Just out for a stroll guys, sorry about the hole in your fence!" She's also doing recon so it would kind of defeat the purpose of exposing herself. Also she's playing it safe/smart, I'd stay hidden too. Even if the they're 100% legit that could be the patrol w/ the nervous twitchy trigger finger guy.

I'm not saying the guard isn't mowing down everything that moves, but there's been no clear evidence of it yet.

That end scene w/ the gunfire in the house, I've been picturing people trapped in the house w/ walkers trying to get at them, signaling trying to draw attention of someone to come help them. I figured it was them shooting the walkers who finally got in and overran them. I guess it could have been the guard finding people held up. It could also be guard finding people trapped and shooting the walkers, saving the trapped people. Those people may show up in the shelter next week's episode.

ps does anyone else start typing the word zombies and catch themselves and delete and rewrite walkers? Either would fit, but I feel like I have to say walkers when talking TWD.

This post has been edited by Bulwyf: 25 September 2015 - 01:16 PM

Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#44 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 25 September 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 24 September 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

That end scene w/ the gunfire in the house, I've been picturing people trapped in the house w/ walkers trying to get at them, signaling trying to draw attention of someone to come help them. I figured it was them shooting the walkers who finally got in and overran them. I guess it could have been the guard finding people held up. It could also be guard finding people trapped and shooting the walkers, saving the trapped people. Those people may show up in the shelter next week's episode.

I like this theory, this might indicate a swarm is slowly moving toward the NG station/hospital before it gets over-ran? That set up they have running is quite prepared, unless it revolts internally <food sources?> could be there to stay..
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#45 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Last night's episode hints at where the swarm will be coming from. I'm not digging the new character introduced, something just seem too over the top IMO.

You can see the shit flying towards the fan with only 1 episode left before the long break.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#46 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 28 September 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Last night's episode hints at where the swarm will be coming from. I'm not digging the new character introduced, something just seem too over the top IMO.

You can see the shit flying towards the fan with only 1 episode left before the long break.

I liked the twist on this episode and went with it as it means the 2nd half the season should be fast paced.

Spoiler

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#47 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 28 September 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

I liked the twist on this episode and went with it as it means the 2nd half the season should be fast paced.

Spoiler

...is there a 2nd half of the season? I thought it was a 6 episode mini season, and they were going to judge the reaction/success of the show to see if a season 2 would be made.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#48 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 29 September 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Spoiler

...is there a 2nd half of the season? I thought it was a 6 episode mini season, and they were going to judge the reaction/success of the show to see if a season 2 would be made.

I guess they are calling it season 2, which will be 15 episodes.

#49 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:07 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 29 September 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

View PostBulwyf, on 29 September 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Spoiler

I guess they are calling it season 2, which will be 15 episodes.

Oh, is there a season 2 premiere date then? Is it going to start right after TWD mid-season finale I hope? ...Or more likely is it starting next Summer?

#50 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:28 PM

Yeah AMC pre committed to a second season regardless of the fan reaction. Though from reading the comments of the latest episode it seems like there are a lot of haters of the show. I think most of the issues are with the pace and the fact that most of the characters are zombie survival idiots. My thoughts are what did you expect? Characters like season 5 walking dead who have been seasoned through their trials? That is completely unreasonable. It takes time for civilization to break down and everyone on the show outside the military types that face the threat day in and day out really don't understand that things are NOT going to go back to the way things were. I am personally enjoying the ride slow though it may be. It seems like fans of TWD forgot about season 2 where they spent most of the season hiding out on the farm looking for Carols daughter. Tell me that was a action packed fast paced season.

#51 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 September 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yeah AMC pre committed to a second season regardless of the fan reaction. Though from reading the comments of the latest episode it seems like there are a lot of haters of the show. I think most of the issues are with the pace and the fact that most of the characters are zombie survival idiots. My thoughts are what did you expect? Characters like season 5 walking dead who have been seasoned through their trials? That is completely unreasonable. It takes time for civilization to break down and everyone on the show outside the military types that face the threat day in and day out really don't understand that things are NOT going to go back to the way things were. I am personally enjoying the ride slow though it may be. It seems like fans of TWD forgot about season 2 where they spent most of the season hiding out on the farm looking for Carols daughter. Tell me that was a action packed fast paced season.

Agreed. I'm enjoying the slow personality reveals for each of the characters.

As a father, there are things that I've done for my daughter that I probably would have avoided for myself. I'm waiting to see something similar from Travis. You can see Maggie doing it all the time for Nick. Come on, Travis! Time to Hulk out.

#52 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:11 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 30 September 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

Agreed. I'm enjoying the slow personality reveals for each of the characters.

As a father, there are things that I've done for my daughter that I probably would have avoided for myself. I'm waiting to see something similar from Travis. You can see Maggie doing it all the time for Nick. Come on, Travis! Time to Hulk out.

I think Travis got a serious wakeup call from the Humvee ride and finding out about Cobalt. Speaking of which how do you all think the military will execute Cobalt? I'm trying to remember what happened in TWD. I think it was likely a flashback episode but can't quite remember. Plus this is a different town anyway. Personally I think the Nuclear option is off the table. But anything that would permanently kill likely requires at a bare minimum extreme fire if they want to be efficient. But then you are sacrificing infrastructure. Else you have to go around and put bullets in everyone's heads and I just don't see soldiers going around person to person shooting civilians in cold blood. Should be an interesting final episode.

#53 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:24 PM

I'm betting on nerve gas and then bolt guns while they're still alive.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#54 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

MOABs.

#55 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:39 PM

Spoiler

#56 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 05 October 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

Spoiler

To this in a article I read:

Spoiler

#57 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

Spoiler

They probably saw it as their only weapon to take on an army that they were thinking were going to kill them and retreat elsewhere. They're also new to the apocalypse so probably thought an army with guns could deal w/ the herd, it would just slow them/distract them so they could free their people.

Also I bet Travis does either turn into a zombie killing super saiyan or a Govenator (hey, they are in Cali!). They want to show his transformation from someone hating guns, so I bet they evolve him into an ultra violent guy so they can show the progression of the apocalypse.

#58 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 06 October 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Spoiler

They probably saw it as their only weapon to take on an army that they were thinking were going to kill them and retreat elsewhere. They're also new to the apocalypse so probably thought an army with guns could deal w/ the herd, it would just slow them/distract them so they could free their people.

Also I bet Travis does either turn into a zombie killing super saiyan or a Govenator (hey, they are in Cali!). They want to show his transformation from someone hating guns, so I bet they evolve him into an ultra violent guy so they can show the progression of the apocalypse.

I agree with your first point for sure. The National Guard has military weaponry. I'm pretty sure I'd do about the same to get one of my kids, especially if I suspected the military was going to abandon and/or kill civilians on their way out.

I'm not sure about Travis, though.
Spoiler

There could be some intriguing possibilities for a S2.
Spoiler

#59 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 06 October 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

Spoiler

I agree with your first point for sure. The National Guard has military weaponry. I'm pretty sure I'd do about the same to get one of my kids, especially if I suspected the military was going to abandon and/or kill civilians on their way out.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't know how much cruising they'd be doing. Boats are gas gusselers for sure. Figured they'd keep it near the beach and do supply runs on land. Just use it for the isolation safety. Be able to sleep a little easier knowing a herd isn't going to crash in on you. Basically a tiny castle with a huge moat :rolleyes: hopefully they bring some fishing poles!

#60 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 06 October 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 06 October 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't know how much cruising they'd be doing. Boats are gas gusselers for sure. Figured they'd keep it near the beach and do supply runs on land. Just use it for the isolation safety. Be able to sleep a little easier knowing a herd isn't going to crash in on you. Basically a tiny castle with a huge moat :rolleyes: hopefully they bring some fishing poles!

Good points. Fuel would be a definite issue.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users