• You cannot reply to this topic

Kanye West & Hip-Hop at Large

#301 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:25 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 28 October 2022 - 06:40 PM, said:

His bipolar disorder is most likely emboldening him to openly embrace unhinged right-wing conspiracy theory 'culture' and making the negative consequences seem inconsequential.

He chooses to go unmedicated partly because he likes being manic, and to an extent it has probably benefited him overall... until recently.

Hitler's heavy drug use (and probable brain damage from being gassed, among other possible mental illnesses) almost certainly contributed to his anti-semitism (and that of the many Nazis who he encouraged to use meth and other drugs---that did have some benefits (for them), at least early on)....

No.

Neither Hitler nor Kanye nor anyone else get any sliver of excuse by way of 'off his meds'.

Fuck. No.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#302 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 October 2022 - 11:01 PM

Kanye and Trump probably bonded over their mutual admiration for Hitler.

Wonder if Kanye chose Adidas because of their history as the trainers of the Nazis (and the sneakers too)?...

'The name Adidas originated with Adolf “Adi” Dassler, who founded a shoemaking business with his brother Rudolf in 1920s Germany. The company predates the rise of Hitler, but both Dassler brothers joined the Nazi Party in the 1930s, with Adi becoming an athletic coach to the Hitler Youth.'

Thanks to Kanye, Adidas' Nazi Ties Are Front and Center

... so I guess the 'Adi' in 'Adidas' is short for 'Adolf'?...

Doubt he'll ever work with Adidas (or any other German company---well, unless the far right takes over, of course...) again....

#303 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 29 October 2022 - 02:20 AM

View PostAbyss, on 28 October 2022 - 09:25 PM, said:

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 28 October 2022 - 06:40 PM, said:

His bipolar disorder is most likely emboldening him to openly embrace unhinged right-wing conspiracy theory 'culture' and making the negative consequences seem inconsequential.

He chooses to go unmedicated partly because he likes being manic, and to an extent it has probably benefited him overall... until recently.

Hitler's heavy drug use (and probable brain damage from being gassed, among other possible mental illnesses) almost certainly contributed to his anti-semitism (and that of the many Nazis who he encouraged to use meth and other drugs---that did have some benefits (for them), at least early on)....

No.

Neither Hitler nor Kanye nor anyone else get any sliver of excuse by way of 'off his meds'.

Fuck. No.

I think the key here is that he continues to choose to go off his medication. He's diagnosed and knows he makes bad decisions when he goes off his meds, but he just keeps making the decision to do it again.

Fuck that guy. I'm glad that he's finally being held accountable for his choices.

#304 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 October 2022 - 06:27 AM

Did you hear the latest? Kanye's mic dropped him.

#305 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 October 2022 - 02:49 PM

'Kanye West’s voice is just one in a rising chorus of antisemitism

[...] Every year, antisemitic hate incidences have increased, and every year the perpetrators are getting younger, with social media their entry-point – . The more conspiracies given air online, the more people start to believe Jews run the world. [...]

[...] strategies for combatting antisemitism are not working: picketing social media companies to remove slurs [...] has not removed antisemitism from its feeds – and at least part of that is because this bit of the problem seems misunderstood. Antisemitism is not simply prejudice against Jewish people, it’s a medieval ideology about who runs the world, which explains why such disparate groups of people can regularly find common ground hating Jews and, also, why it has persisted. [...] Kanye’s recent tweets illustrate how that conspiracy theory is self-affirming – the antisemite will claim that Jews control and silence those who speak out against them. “Then, if they are penalised for their bigotry, they point to that as proof. Heads, they win; Tails, Jew lose.” The consequences Kanye has faced – including being kicked off Instagram and Twitter – are seen as evidence that the Jews control “Big Tech”, and on and on.'

Kanye West’s voice is just one in a rising chorus of antisemitism

'Democrats were far more likely than Republicans to agree [...] that “Israel/Jews secretly control most of the decision-making processes across key US institutions, including government and media” (15 percent) [...]

Many specific conspiracy theories may be seen as standing in for what the believer imagines to be a deeper, mythic truth about the world that accords with his or her psychological state and personal experience. The O.J. Simpson murder trial [...] supplies an example. [...]

[...] Many specific conspiracy theories channel elements of wider systems of belief and dogma that constitute [...] core bonding elements of political, spiritual, social, and tribal identities. [...]

[...] the crazier the conspiracy theory, the more conspicuous the conspiracy theorist’s display of ideological loyalty.[...]

[...] In the Paleolithic environment in which our ancestors’ brains were formed, “conspiratorial cognition” was a natural adaptation. It was often safer to trust your dark suspicions regarding some neighbouring tribe, rather than dismiss the risk and let down your guard. In such an environment, paranoia could be a life saver, while a more serene and trusting approach could shorten your life. [Or it could provide justification for attacking the neighboring tribe to seize their resources or enslave them....]

In our study, we found that Republicans were about 150 percent more likely to agree with the Deep State conspiracy theory than Democrats, while blacks and Hispanics were 50 percent more likely to agree than whites. Given that [...] blacks and Hispanics have had far more negative interactions with the government than whites, it is understandable that these constituencies would be more likely to believe that powerful elites are conspiring to gain an immoral or illegal advantage over others. [...]

At the root of this problem isn’t just distrust in government, but also distrust in journalism, science, and the legal system. And in many cases, this sense of distrust isn’t entirely without basis. And so, ultimately, the antidote to conspiracism will have to involve reinforcing norms of truth-telling, honesty, reason, and rationality in all of these sectors.'

Wired for Conspiracism

Wonder if Kanye is still going to buy Parler... to strive to turn it into the premiere antisemitic social network?...

#306 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:31 AM

Wel not sure what I did to my algorithm to deserve this but I’m getting multiple clips of Kanye west spewing racism on Instagram and being called a hero.

I always wonder how many people on Instagram believe this shit vs just do it to be trolls

#307 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 November 2022 - 01:44 PM

'Kanye [...] Says He’s Running for President in 2024

In a video posted [...] to show off clothing branded with “YE24,” [...] featured the rapper and disgraced British commentator Milo Yiannopolous, who Ye said is “working on the campaign.” [...] he also said his branded clothing would cost $20 a piece. [...] West celebrated being able to post on Twitter again'

Kanye West Says He’s Running for President in 2024

Milo is a 'rapper' now?.. guess that will be Kanye's next project as a producer, lol... 'Black and Gay Neo-Nazis Represent Y'all!'

#308 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 November 2022 - 01:20 PM

'"I think the thing that Trump was most perturbed about, me asking him to be my vice president," Ye said in the video in the Twitter post. "I think that was like lower on the list of things that caught him off-guard. [...]

Trump started basically screaming at me at the table telling me I was going to lose — I mean has that ever worked for anyone in history, [...] I'm like hold on, hold on, hold on, Trump, you're talking to Ye."'

lol....

'Ye said he believed Trump should have freed Jan. 6, 2021, prisoners when he "had the chance."'

And given them machine guns as compensation ye? Or how about some flame-throwers... flame-thrower jet packs?

Kanye West says he asked Trump to be his 2024 running mate

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 25 November 2022 - 01:20 PM

#309 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 November 2022 - 01:25 PM

... Ye thinks storming the Capitol is like storming the VMA's?

#310 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 November 2022 - 06:14 PM

'[...] he produced his phone and read, with increasing vigor, from a website listing which media and entertainment companies have Jewish executives, finally holding up his phone as if to offer visual proof of who, supposedly, controlled everything.

None of this part of the video was shared particularly widely, not even for the purpose of condemning it. [...] What did end up circulating was the bit [...] in which Ye pivots from talking about his MAGA hat to talking about his mental-health treatment, which he now regrets. "The thing about the red hat that drove me to a point of exhaustion," he says, gesticulating like an old man lecturing from his porch, "which was misdiagnosed by a — I'm not going to say what race, what people — doctor, and what hospital, what media went to — we know I can't say that." But then he crosses his arms and, after an exquisitely short pause, clarifies what he isn't allowed to say, just in case it might have gone over anyone's head: "It was a Jewish doctor."

For that, Jewish Twitter went a little wild. The brief punchline of Ye's long, horrid ramble was shared again and again, not, for the most part, in outrage, not because it espoused the oldest kind of conspiratorial antisemitism, not because it showed no remorse for inspiring an ongoing variety show of full-frontal hatred, but because something about his delivery felt, in the words of one Jewish political staff member who retweeted the clip, so "classically Jewish." It was unintended, but in terms of comedic timing, it could have passed muster at Grossinger's in the heyday of the borscht belt. Joan Rivers could not have done better.'

Laughing at Kanye Doesn't Help - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

lol... (suffice it to say the article did not persuade me)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 26 November 2022 - 06:14 PM

#311 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:51 AM

'Unrelenting Kanye West Starts War With Elon Musk, Gets Banned From Twitter

[...] "I tried my best," Musk said. "Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence. Account will be suspended."

[...] West posted an image of a swastika inside the Star of David, alongside the caption: "YE24 LOVE EVERYONE #LOVESPEECH." [...]

[...] "Well every one, we had a nice run, Jesus is King," alongside a screenshot of an accompanying message allegedly sent from Twitter owner Elon Musk.

"Sorry, but you have gone too far. This not love," [...]

"Who made you the judge?" West replies.

[...] he then posts allegations that he caught NBA star [...] with Kim Kardashian[...] "Let's break one last window before we get outa here I caught this guy with Kim Good night."

[...] "Let's always remember this as my final tweet #ye24," he wrote, alongside an image of a shirtless Musk on a boat in Greece (the world's richest man was famously mocked for his pale complexion and relatively out-of-shape physique'

Kanye West Starts War With Elon Musk, Gets Banned From Twitter

To be 'fair'---is tweeting 'love everyone, even Nazis' an 'incitement to violence'? Of course one could argue that posting a Nazi swastika inside of a Star of David is an incitement to violence regardless of context. Or that the immediate context provided by the tweet is overrided by the context of West's antisemitic tirades. And that even if West never explicitly called for physical violence (not sure about that), saying he loves Nazis while simultaneously ranting about antisemitic conspiracies will almost certainly be taken by some as an endorsement of physical violence. (OTOH if someone wants to say 'I love everyone, even the cruelest and most immoral people, even Nazis' that generally isn't a call for violence....) Whelp, good thing we have 'Free Speech, Unless I Don't Like What You're Saying' Champion Elon Musk as Judge, Jury, and (Twitter account) Executioner... and Resurrector (though Trump still refuses to return from the abyss, even a little... so far)....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 02 December 2022 - 11:51 AM

#312 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 December 2022 - 01:17 PM

Advocating for Nazis or Nazism, through words, symbols, or implication, is inherently a violent threat -- always -- and I don't think it's ambiguous. Kanye crossed that line long before last night, but I guess Elon uses the 30 strikes and you're out method. The thing is, Elon Musk is dallying with the very same things, just within the safety of terminally online memelords who spend all day flattering him and couching their fascism in -- uhh, what do you call it when someone tries irony but they aren't capable of more than one layer of thought at a time?

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#313 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 02 December 2022 - 01:41 PM

View Postworry, on 02 December 2022 - 01:17 PM, said:

uhh, what do you call it when someone tries irony but they aren't capable of more than one layer of thought at a time?

Being Republican?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#314 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 December 2022 - 02:03 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 02 December 2022 - 01:41 PM, said:

View Postworry, on 02 December 2022 - 01:17 PM, said:

uhh, what do you call it when someone tries irony but they aren't capable of more than one layer of thought at a time?

Being Republican?

You're giving them far too much credit. Cognitive dissonance is only possible after all if you can cogito in the first place.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#315 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 December 2022 - 02:09 PM

Nah -- because we're a gerontocracy (in both parties, who says bipartisanship is dead?), most of our Republicans are still genuinely humorless Mike Pence types, rather than humor-deficient Elon Musk types. I'm thinking more like those people who threw tantrums at McDonald's when the Rick & Morty sauce ran out, except now it's because SJWs cancelled Anders Breivik.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#316 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 December 2022 - 09:04 PM

'The [swastika inside the Star of David] logo Ye posted [...] is a symbol linked to the Raelian UFO cult, whose followers believe that humanity was created by an advanced alien race who came to Earth thousands of years ago.

[...] Ye moved over to Truth Social [...] where he posted more of the text message exchange between him and Musk.

"Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven," Musk wrote.

"I'm Jesus name," Ye responded, before posting a screenshot of his suspended Twitter account which included a countdown timer to when he will regain access. [...]

"If this how Elon is going to run Twitter— by refusing to reinstate Alex Jones because of a personal grievance, and banning Ye under pressure from activists, then Twitter remains a controlled platform," Nick Fuentes, the renowned white supremacist [...] wrote on Telegram.

Fuentes continued that "Nothing Ye has said in the past or today could be reasonably, or even liberally, interpreted as "incitement to violence."

[...] Milo Yiannopolous[...] said [...] posting the symbol was simply [Kanye] expressing his creativity.

"Ye's suspension for posting two interlocking historical symbols was outrageous: a five-alarm warning against artistic expression on Twitter, and, of course, nothing to do with 'incitement to violence',"'

Kanye West Suspended From Twitter Again for 'Inciting Violence'

'We're all familiar with Yeezus but now he's entered his Yitler stage.'

Posted Image

AI Art Universe - Facebook

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 02 December 2022 - 09:04 PM

#317 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 02 December 2022 - 09:21 PM

Why is it that being very right wing and being a despicable human being so often go hand in hand? Coincidence?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#318 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 December 2022 - 12:48 AM

'Kanye [...] said, among other things, the Holocaust "is not what happened." [...]

"Hitler [...]invented highways and invented the very microphone that I use as a musician"

[...] The form of road infrastructure now commonly referred to in the U.S. as a "highway" also predates Hitler's time as leader of Germany. [...]

Ye may have been referring to the German autobahn system of highways, which saw heavy involvement from the Nazi government in the 1930s. However, neither Hitler nor the Nazi party invented the autobahn, though[...] they did attempt to take some credit for it through propaganda. [...]

The first autobahn to be successfully financed and built was opened in 1932 [Hitler took power in 1933 ...]

Hitler [...] famously made use of the Neumann bottle microphone, designed in 1928 [...] but Hitler played no part in the invention or development of the technology. [...]

Newsweek has reached out to Ye for comment.'

Fact Check: Did Hitler Invent 'Highways and Microphones', as Ye Claimed?

So instead of a mic drop will it now be... a Hitler drop?

No mention of his old sponsor Adidas being founded by Nazis? Are they paying him now not to mention them? Is that his new strategy... 'Hey Neumann, pay up before I start saying your microphones were invented by Hitler!'

#319 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 December 2022 - 11:03 AM

'The microphone Ye, and many other recording artists, use [for studio recordings] is likely the Neumann U87 [or Neumann U47, etc.], a descendant of the Neumann CMV3, which became known as the “Hitler Bottle,” for the man who helped make it famous.

[...] the CMV3 [...] allowed for a greater range of movement from a speaker [....]

“All of a sudden Hitler was able to be more evocative, more animated in his delivery because he wasn’t shackled by the technology,” [...] This allowed for wild gesticulations, wild shifts in volume and tone. The effect of wall-to-wall sound and crescendo [...] was “just the same as when the Beatles performed at Shea Stadium.”'

Nazi aesthetics sold Kanye West on everything else about Hitler

'The Neumann family was beset with difficulties after the Nazis came to power [...] Mrs. Neumann was Jewish, and it took the utmost of efforts by Neumann, his employees and his associates to counter the juggernaut of the Nazi regime in their efforts to persecute her, her family and other Jewish company employees. To his credit, Georg Neumann was largely successful in shielding his family and employees from the dreadnaught of the government’s deadly decrees.'

Industry Pioneers #8: Georg Neumann: Microphone Pioneer

Wow... so Hitler was like 'just keep making me microphones and I'll let your family and your Jewish employees live, while I exhort the German people to murder all the rest of the Jews? ... live for the moment at least.' Too bad they didn't plant a bomb in one of those microphones....

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users