• Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 June 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Also, how did I miss this?!

A new KOTOR game!

except, you know, MMO
I'm yet to watch Ubi conference, but so far the only new IP that appears interesting is Tacoma, and even then it's because of the System Shock vibes.

MIRROR'S EDGE IS A FIRST PERSON GAME WITH NO GUNS!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!11111

Ahem. So yeah. Still has a chance to go terribly wrong, but my curiosity is throughly peaked for that one. Gonna watch Ubi's soon.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#42 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

Ah, I did not realize it was an MMO. Boo-urns.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#43 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:42 PM

I'm about halfway through the Sony show, definitely overall the most interesting games-wise so far for me.

- The Last Guardian, looks awesome, BirdDog looks incredible, but a slightly weird contrast between him and the cartoony child. Pity about the '2016' date, I was hoping for something more fixed than that.

- Apart from SHENMUE!!! the game which excites me the most so far is Horizon from Guerilla Games, looks like a story I would love to explore.

- No Man's Sky, that was a rushed and disappointing showing. I hope it's just one of those games that just has to be experienced to actually know what it's like.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 16 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#44 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostApt, on 16 June 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

Went into a E3 media black out and am going to watch all the conferences in one go. Going to edit this post with my impressions.

The Microsoft Conference

Spoiler

EA conference

Spoiler

Ubisoft Conference

Spoiler

Sony Conference

Spoiler

Just to sum up my impressions before Square and The PC Gamer conference later.

I think that the best conference so far was Bethesda's (which I didn't write anything down on as I watched it on the morning commute yesterday).

I think if I should make a list of the best games shown off so far this year Fallout 4, Doom and Dishonored would be at the top. With very little else to show, that made Bethesdas conference by far the meatiest of the shows this year.

I was actually more excited for Dishonored and Doom than Fallout 4. They both look so ridiculously good. Doom especially looked like a game made for the purpose of fun gameplay and not storytelling. Despite the criticism that has been mentioned, I don't think it's slow. The multiplayer footage shown suggests you can move hella fast. What I am more worried about was that there weren't THAT many enemies on the screen at one time. I want to face off against whole rooms of mobs, not just a small handful.

Anyway besides the Bethesdas awesome Trio I think

Halo Guardians, Tomb Raider 2 and Cuphead was the most interesting games Microsoft showed. What was more interesting was Backwards compatibility, The Rare Collection and that crazy Holo lense presentation. Seriously did you see that shit we are INSIDE THE FUTURE!

EAs best stuff was definitely Mass Effect Andromeda but I also think Mirrors Edge and Need for Speed looked great. Not feeling any love for Battlefront.

Ubisoft blew me away with South Park 2 and Ghost Recon Crazy Huge world edition.

Not sold on The Last Guardian for Sony but I am close to stating that Horizon might be my Game of Show. You are hunting robot dinosaurs! That said the FF7 reveal was fucking INSANE!IN FUCKING SANE! Now watch as Square fucks it up by injecting Japanese bullshit into the game.

I think that it is a toss up between Horizon and Doom for my favorite showing this E3 so far.

But we still have Square and the PC Gamer conferences. Crazy shit could come out of the PC Gamer one we never expected and we KNOW that Square has Deus Ex, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3, Final Fantasy for days and who knows what else.

I wonder why haven't seen more Mad Max at any of the conferences, maybe it shows up in the PC Gamer one?

This post has been edited by Apt: 16 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

#45 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

The Arkham Knight stuff from Sony was showing their exclusive Scarecrow-based missions.

And if you don't know what Shenmue is then you never owned a Dreamcast ;) Open worlds, living cities, decisions/choices affecting the game, mini-games within the game (from pool to forklift racing to Space Harrier and Outrun), and yes, QTEs, they were all revolutionised by Shenmue.

#46 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 June 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Also, how did I miss this?!

A new KOTOR game!

Still a better story than the Movie 1

I love that the evil one is in white, except you know they ruin it by making him a hideous cyborg

This post has been edited by Cause: 16 June 2015 - 03:13 PM

#47 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

Watched Ubi's Thang. Please tell me Ghost Recon can be played solo, cuz that looked sweet.

Aside from that, yay for South Park? (tho I still haven't played the first).
Besides that, they played it very safe.

I'm still, against all hope, hoping for a new Legacy of Kain game from Squeenix...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#48 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

Not much to come after in that Nintendo conference unless you are already really into Nintendos portfolio. Starfox and Yoshi's Woolly World are probably the only games that really interested me.

Squares conference starts now. I actually suspect this one could rival Bethesda.

This post has been edited by Apt: 16 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

#49 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

lol at the whoopsie in the Uncharted showing when the character wouldn't move the first time round.

Also Black Ops 3 totally stole, sorry, iterated, unashamedly from Titanfall.

#50 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostApt, on 16 June 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

Not much to come after in that Nintendo conference unless you are already really into Nintendos portfolio. Starfox and Yoshi's Woolly World are probably the only games that really interested me.

Squares conference starts now. I actually suspect this one could rival Bethesda.

Starfox, for a game aping its originals polygonal art....looks slick as hell though. Also, any game where I can transform into useful things at will, and one of those things flies...I'm in.

Yoshi's Wooly World should tide my wife and I over (for duet gaming) till the next Mario drops.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#51 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 16 June 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

lol at the whoopsie in the Uncharted showing when the character wouldn't move the first time round.

Live demo. I actually appreciate that kind of stuff because it demonstrates that they are playing the game and while it's a polished vertical slice it still seems "realler".

View PostKhellendros, on 16 June 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

Also Black Ops 3 totally stole, sorry, iterated, unashamedly from Titanfall.

I was actually thinking the same. It's like a more ground based Titanfall. That's not a bad thing mind you.

#52 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:12 PM

Interesting that Sony hardly talked about Project Morpheus at all. I think most people were expecting them to do an extended bit on it. I guess it's just hard to show without letting people experience it for themselves. As far as virtual reality-type things being shown at the conferences go, Microsoft's Hololens completely runs away with it.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 16 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

#53 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

I suspect that it is either because the technology is still on the drawing board or because they are pushing it to Gamescom where there will be better room for it?

#54 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

View PostApt, on 16 June 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

I suspect that it is either because the technology is still on the drawing board or because they are pushing it to Gamescom where there will be better room for it?

They said it's coming out 2016 so must be well past the drawing board. I guess yeah, maybe Gamescom. But they've also got it on the showfloor for people to try apparently.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 16 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

#55 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 June 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

No shit.. I hate not seeing faces barring tattoo up Sith and they are usually females. The trailer is awesome otherwise. I'm wondering what time period it's supposed to be and if it's cannon?

As far as I know, EVERYTHING Star Wars is now canon.

#56 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 trailer!

Woohoo!

http://youtu.be/NKo4...pIgPkMRnIvmB1UV

#57 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:28 PM

Nintendo Conference

Spoiler

Square Conference:

Spoiler

Now where the hell is the link to the PC Gamer conference?

This post has been edited by Apt: 16 June 2015 - 06:30 PM

#58 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:31 PM

Just watched the Nintendo event. Heh, no one does a presentation quite like Nintendo, love those muppets. And I absolutely love the look of Xenoblade, may end up getting a Wii U just to play that (and Earthbound).

#59 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:33 PM

The designs for that PROJECT SETSUNA JRPG look pretty sweet. If they can deliver solid gameplay with backdrops like that, I'll be interested.

Plus a new RPG series from a new company? That could be a recipe for serious success.

#60 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

One thing I have noticed.

Both Metal Gear Solid 5 and Mad Max are conspicuously absent from any of the conference, despite being big AAA launches.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users