• You cannot reply to this topic

E3 Hype June 16-18 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo

#21 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

Watched the Bethesda conference. Good, almost entirely about games, to the point. Need to finally get around to playing Thief3 and Dishonored.

Fallout 4 looks like it'll be ridiculously free (in terms of player freedoom), but with so much insane customization I'm worried a bit about quality of the story, because that really is my main thing. Anyhow, I still need to play 3 first, so not crazy excited.

Can't watch live streams on my phone, alas, so i'll be catching up when i'm home
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#22 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

Microsoft sure went all out this year:

- Backward compatibility "we weren't sure if it was possible"...yeah fucking right ;)

- Halo 5 and Gears look good, if familiar. I like that Halo 5 Warzone multiplayer, looks crazy.

- Some of those indies looked quality, some not so much.

- Rare game collection, so that's what the Battletoads tease was about. The new Rare game looks intriguing, but another 'shared world' MMO type thing, sigh.

- Partnership with Valve VR AND Oculus Rift, they really are going for it on the VR front...and did he really say you can simply stream ANY game to the Oculus from the XBone...I didn't think it worked like that, I thought games had to be designed specifically.

- Hololens...that Minecraft demo was amazeballs for anyone who likes Minecraft. That has me more excited than VR (though I never was excited about VR).

- Not a single word on Kinect :p Though they did use the voice commands...

- And just how many times did they use the phrase 'Exclusive to Xbox One (and Windows 10)'?

- Oh, almost forgot! Mods made for Fallout 4 on the PC can be played on the Xbox! Now that is a huge pluspoint for the Xbox version of the game if that isn't coming to PS4.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 15 June 2015 - 08:39 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#23 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:10 PM

Personally wasn't too excited for any xbox games. More interested in the tech - hololens and backwards compatibility were great, plus the new elite controller looked like something I need to own.

For games from the Microsoft conference- Fallout! the bethesda reveal last night was great and the addition of mods to the console is fantastic. Elite Dangerous, the space sim, was the other one that I've been looking forward to, and apparently is playable today with early access. Otherwise it was a rehash of games that we knew were coming or games that I don't care for. Sadly, the new Halo looks like it is falling into the latter category.

This post has been edited by Stalker: 15 June 2015 - 09:10 PM

#24 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:57 PM

FANBOY SQUEEEE

@BK -> Xbox One will be able to natively play all Xbox 360 games.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#25 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:21 AM

View PostBriar King, on 16 June 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

Oh hell yes! Is something that will be unlocked on all past consoles or is it consoles that are yet to be in stores? I was waiting to buy one closer to Halo 5.

Ed was also waiting to see if they would put a bigger then 500 GB by then.

All consoles - imagine the outrage if it was only ones that no one had bought yet!

And they've said a new 1TB Xbox One will be coming out.

#26 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:23 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 15 June 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

Microsoft sure went all out this year:

- Backward compatibility "we weren't sure if it was possible"...yeah fucking right ;)

- Oh, almost forgot! Mods made for Fallout 4 on the PC can be played on the Xbox! Now that is a huge pluspoint for the Xbox version of the game if that isn't coming to PS4.

Looks like I will be getting an Xbox One afterall.

This post has been edited by Loki: 16 June 2015 - 12:23 AM

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#27 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:47 AM

View PostBriar King, on 16 June 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 16 June 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 16 June 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

Oh hell yes! Is something that will be unlocked on all past consoles or is it consoles that are yet to be in stores? I was waiting to buy one closer to Halo 5.

Ed was also waiting to see if they would put a bigger then 500 GB by then.

All consoles - imagine the outrage if it was only ones that no one had bought yet!

And they've said a new 1TB Xbox One will be coming out.

Cool I hope it does before H5 then! I'm not gonna buy one knowing a bigger is coming no matter how much I want H5.

I believe they have external HDDs you can hook up to it. 1TB? Whats the point?

http://www.buydig.co...CFZGQHwodAZcAAQ

Theres 5TB for 135$
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#28 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:48 AM

So far this conference the only games I've seen that I'm now interested in are:

Fallout 4
Star Wars: Battlefront

And maybe No Mans Sky if it has any meat. The demo was interesting but nothing really exciting.

Desiny's Titanfall: Advanced Warfare was a joke. First year since MW1 I'm not buying COD.

Still interested in:
Rainbow Six: Siege
Halo 5 (maybe)

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 16 June 2015 - 02:48 AM

#29 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:53 AM

(sorry for third post)

But I apparently missed this reveal for a new Warhammer Game:

https://youtu.be/7mqTFp0UIq4

#30 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:05 AM

Went into a E3 media black out and am going to watch all the conferences in one go. Going to edit this post with my impressions.

The Microsoft Conference

Spoiler

EA conference

Spoiler

Ubisoft Conference

Spoiler

Sony Conference

Spoiler

Nintendo Conference

Spoiler

Square Conference:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Apt: 16 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

#31 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

Rare Replay - Does anyone really want to put themselves through Battletoads again - that Speeder Bike level has to be the most frustrating level of any game I have ever played!

South Park the Fractured But Whole - this was an awesome reveal, wasn't expecting it after Matt and Trey said they would never make a game again! I turned the conference on just as they walked out which was some good timing though that lady hosting the show was annoying!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#32 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

I was actually expecting an unveil of a new Battletoads. I guess all the hype was just leading up to the collection. Boooo.

#33 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

not been able to really watch any of the E3 stuff (will probably try watch some later) but so far im most happy about the XBone backwards compatibility. Finally a reason to upgrade, just need to find exact details of how it will work or if i can just use my discs i already own.
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#34 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:06 AM

@Apt, I'm pretty sure Mass Effect is Holiday 2016, not 2015.

That guy who talked about Unravel is my favourite moment of this year's E3. He looked like he could start crying any moment, he was so happy to be there and show off his game.

I'm hesitant about Mirror's Edge. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure they intimated no awkward gunplay this time (woo hoo!). On the other, an open world is tricky for those cool impressive runs. I feel gameplay like ME's needs more structure, a certain set of routes, otherwise it can just dissolve into standing around wondering which way to go next, whereas ME should be about constant movement.

#35 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

Also just watched the Ubisoft conference. If Microsoft's mantra was 'exclusive games!', then Ubi's was 'we're very very sorry, and we've totally listened to the fans'. Pre-show they even had Ubi people read out rude tweets sent to them. However, the show itself seemed to be same old same old for the most parts - here's an open world, here's a million fetch quests, here's online coop. The new Ghost Recon looked like Far Cry but with military people.

#36 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

Just finished the Ubi conference as well. Yeah, they all appeared very humble. Personally I was of the opening that they didn't have to be. I have loved Watchdogs, AC Unity, Farcry 4, etc. I think Ubisoft consistently puts out great games.

They've certainly promised a great line-up though. Especially South Park and Ghost Recon look like Blockbuster games.

#37 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:34 AM

Obdigore said:

1434422897[/url]' post='1189752']
So far this conference the only games I've seen that I'm now interested in are:

Fallout 4
Star Wars: Battlefront

And maybe No Mans Sky if it has any meat. The demo was interesting but nothing really exciting.

Desiny's Titanfall: Advanced Warfare was a joke. First year since MW1 I'm not buying COD.

Still interested in:
Rainbow Six: Siege
Halo 5 (maybe)

Looks like we're on the same page, regarding all of the games. I can't believe the need to keep changing CoD to mirror other shooters. I was really hoping that Treyarch would keep to the same combo as their last game (one of the strongest in the franchise, along with MW, MW2) but instead they unveiled that crap. They took advanced warfare's multiplayer and added wall running, what a disappointment.

#38 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

SHENMUE 3! SHENMUE 3! SHENMUE 3 SHENMUE 3 SHENMUE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

Those Battlefront gameplay videos were incredible...they truly outdid themselves with the graphics. If childhood me could be aware that one day, he'd run through the halls of the Hoth base and have it look THAT realistic, he might have just shit himself.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#40 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

Also, how did I miss this?!

A new KOTOR game!

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users