• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 Hype June 16-18 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo

#61 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

Nier is really good guys so that's good news, also I'm going to play Just Cause 3 for days

e: this loading screen note thing from the Square conference says you get infinite C4 and grenades in JC3. I may need a mop.

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 16 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#62 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

View PostApt, on 16 June 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

One thing I have noticed.

Both Metal Gear Solid 5 and Mad Max are conspicuously absent from any of the conference, despite being big AAA launches.

MGS5 leaked a trailer today (or yesterday) that is now online.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#63 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:42 PM

top titles

#64 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostMacros, on 16 June 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

Or, for those who want a link that works... Here

Not too bothered about games so far. Hololens however, holy shit.

Edit: Microsoft Hololens Site

This post has been edited by Messremb: 16 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#65 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:47 PM

View PostApt, on 16 June 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

Nintendo Conference

Spoiler

Square Conference:

Spoiler

Now where the hell is the link to the PC Gamer conference?
that's tomorrow, no?

Edit: watched Squeenix. Just Cause looks cool. Mankind divided was... umm, nothing new, really.
I'm not really getting the point of the Hitman reboot. I suppose thim would mean they are ditching the story idea completely?
Anyhow, it may be good, but me being my anti-social gaming self focused oon complete single player experiences, I'm ambivalent about the move.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 16 June 2015 - 09:12 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#66 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:04 PM

Just watched the Square Enix presentation - they really are an odd jumble of a company, aren't they?

- A sequel to Nier developed by Platinum Games can only be a good thing. Nier was one of the most underrated games of the last generation. But...that guy in the mask, lol.

- Award for best trolling goes to the man presenting Kingdom Hearts 3, building it up, that guy from the crowd shouting 'OH MY GOD YES!!!'...and then it turns out to be a KH mobile game :) Too bad they did actually show some KH3 stuff after.

- Just Cause 3: Was he really riding a missile at one point, Dr Strangelove-style? If Just Cause hadn't jumped the shark long ago, it definitely has now!

@ Ment: I think Hitman will still have a single-player campaign as well. But they're hyping this 'new timed one-shot missions' thing as it's a new mode. I'm not sure how I feel about it. As someone who tends to buy games a while after they're first released, it sounds like I'd be missing out on a lot of content that's been and gone.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#67 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

Looks like someone never completed Just Cause 2! (final mission spoilers)

Spoiler

Also Taro Yoko is the man in the mask, and he is completely barmy - there are several youtube interviews with him where he is in the video as a sock puppet. Also, he created the Drakengard series of which Nier is an installment of.

Oh, and he hates videogame children with every atom of his being. No one hates them more than he, I can guarantee it.

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 16 June 2015 - 10:25 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#68 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:24 AM

Shuhei Yoshida explains what happened to The Last Guardian:

http://www.kotaku.co...d-last-guardian

Basically, they couldn't get it to work properly on the PS3. They switched to developing a PS4 version back in 2012.

Although, slightly worryingly, he also added that the reason they didn't do a live demo version is because BirdDog's AI can behave unpredictably. Which, if looked at positively, makes it sound like a good impression of an actual living beast, but, on the negative side, might make gameplay pretty frustrating.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 17 June 2015 - 08:28 AM

#69 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

I'm honestly puzzled at waht's so amazing about The Last Guardian. I mean, I get thhat hving a giant bird-dog pet helping you move around physics-based 3D patformer is cool and all, but it's a neat idea of same magnitude as many other neatideas.

So far for me the moost intersting AAA thing out there was the "redhead tribal archer grl hunting robo-dinos in the post-bio-apocalypse" by Guerilla. Could be generic as hell, but the small snippet looked cool.

#70 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

You have to remember who the game is from and when it was announced.

It looked absolutely amazing when it came out. You have to picture how far things like hair, feather and wind tech has come just in 5 years. Same thing with character animation and animal behavior. What we saw in that 2009 demo was something beyond what anyone had ever seen done before in a video game. And then you realised who was making it.

It's made by the makers of Ico and Shadow of the Colloseus. I never played Ico but SoC is undoubtedly one of the most special and atmospheric games released in video game history. Period. I say that even though I played the remastered version on PS3 and didn't even like it that much. I think it is too dead, the controls are clunky and the design is out dated and I STILL think that the game must have been mind blowing when it was released.

What Team Ico does better then anyone (or did I don't even know who is working on it in 2015) is atmosphere and tricking the player into caring about the character.

Just look at that fucking dog monster. Its look, behavior and its interaction with the character and the world is captivating.

Unfortunately the actual game seems played out now. There's been plenty of games like it. Game that also managed to be emotional and looked fantastic.

But there is still the legacy. People are expecting Team Ico's touch to give us a game that will punch you right in the heart.

This post has been edited by Apt: 17 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

#71 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostMentalist, on 17 June 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

I'm honestly puzzled at waht's so amazing about The Last Guardian. I mean, I get thhat hving a giant bird-dog pet helping you move around physics-based 3D patformer is cool and all, but it's a neat idea of same magnitude as many other neatideas.

So far for me the moost intersting AAA thing out there was the "redhead tribal archer grl hunting robo-dinos in the post-bio-apocalypse" by Guerilla. Could be generic as hell, but the small snippet looked cool.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (stupid name). And yes, that was also the game that piqued my interest the most. I loved what little we saw of it. It did however remind me of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Ever play that? Similar sort of setting/idea. A good game too.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 17 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

#72 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

Here's Enslaved's box art, yep, Horizon definitely reminds me of that:

Attached File  image.jpg (49.1K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 17 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

#73 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

As a person who played Enslaved (You should play it too, it's fucking great) I can tell you that in terms of Robot emulation and combat and world design and character design and just general aesthetics, compared to the small clips we've seen the last day, Horizon kicks Enslaved's ass from here to the... Horizon.

However that's also not entirely fair since Horizon looks like it has ten times the budget, just looking at the shots of the open world.

Fuck, just thinking about Horizon has be excited. That game looks so god damn promising. I'm afraid to hope for a great story, because Killzone is all over the place, but Guerilla knows how to make fun combat and knows how to squeeze the power out of the Playstation architecture.

#74 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

View PostApt, on 17 June 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

You have to remember who the game is from and when it was announced.

It looked absolutely amazing when it came out. You have to picture how far things like hair, feather and wind tech has come just in 5 years. Same thing with character animation and animal behavior. What we saw in that 2009 demo was something beyond what anyone had ever seen done before in a video game. And then you realised who was making it.

It's made by the makers of Ico and Shadow of the Colloseus. I never played Ico but SoC is undoubtedly one of the most special and atmospheric games released in video game history. Period. I say that even though I played the remastered version on PS3 and didn't even like it that much. I think it is too dead, the controls are clunky and the design is out dated and I STILL think that the game must have been mind blowing when it was released.

What Team Ico does better then anyone (or did I don't even know who is working on it in 2015) is atmosphere and tricking the player into caring about the character.

Just look at that fucking dog monster. Its look, behavior and its interaction with the character and the world is captivating.

Unfortunately the actual game seems played out now. There's been plenty of games like it. Game that also managed to be emotional and looked fantastic.

But there is still the legacy. People are expecting Team Ico's touch to give us a game that will punch you right in the heart.

Shadows of the Colossus remains one of the best games I have ever played for its simple design, gorgeous art direction and gentle questioning of whether killing giant, mythical and unique creatures is the right thing to do even when the hero has a particularly important-to-them quest in mind.

I'd put it in my Top 10 Games Ever Played list (although I don't play nearly as much video games as you all do). That's alongside games like Ocarina of Time, Okami, Halo 1, Dark Souls, Unreal Tournament etc.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#75 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

I've only just realised that Sony didn't show anything from Persona 5 at their conference - seems like a missed opportunity to showcase that excellent series to a large audience.

#76 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 17 June 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 17 June 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn (stupid name). And yes, that was also the game that piqued my interest the most. I loved what little we saw of it. It did however remind me of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Ever play that? Similar sort of setting/idea. A good game too.
enslaved is in my Steam "to be played" pile. As opposed to the "I have no clue why I bought this even if it was on an insane sale" pile.

#77 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

Only two new announcements have got me excited from this E3, Horizon and FF7, everything else we knew about or I wasn't particularly enthralled!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#78 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

I was hoping beyond hope that EA would come out with an announcement of new more "Tricky" like version of SSX for the PS4. The last one was pretty rank, and Tricky was the best of the series. It's time for a Next Gen version.

But sadly, I'll probably be waiting a long time.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#79 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:42 PM

Rumors are circulating that Master Chief Collection is coming to PC. If this is true I kind of feel like Microsoft have lost the plot.

I get the whole Microsoft needs to support PC movement but as of now, every single game that I have wanted to play on the X-box One, with the exception of Sunset Overdrive, has been released on PC. So why buy the console? The whole point of exclusives is to attract non-console owners to buy your platform.

I feel like Sony has has fewer great exclusives however at least on that platform, you know exclusive means exclusive.

#80 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

View Postchamp, on 17 June 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

Only two new announcements have got me excited from this E3, Horizon and FF7, everything else we knew about or I wasn't particularly enthralled!
I am now waiting for more Mirror's edge news, hoping against all odds they don't screw it up

I will now be keeping an eye out on Tacoma, because SS2 vibes

I don't believe Beth actually confirmed Dishonored 2 untill now

I am cautiosly optimistic about the new physics in Mankind Divided, based on those vegetable stands in the trailer.

And yeah: horizoon, if it comes to PC. Maybe Ghost recon if it supports solo play. That's about all the interesting stuff so far. Wonder if the PC show has anything goood.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users