• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 Hype June 16-18 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo

#81 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

I've read a bit more news on Mirror's Edge, still not sure. It sounds like they've dumbed down the controls, which were pretty tricky in the first one but very rewarding once you learned them. Now, it's right trigger for any and all lower-body movements (crouch, slide etc, depending on context), and left bumper for any upper-body movements. And fighting appears to happen automatically if you run into an enemy (like, if you're running across a wall and hit an enemy at the end, she'll do a spin kick or something).

It's also doing the Twitter rounds that the Mirror's Edge bad guy appears to bear quite the resemblance to the EA CEO :)

Edit: Actually, having reacquainted myself with the original's control scheme, I now remember that the complexity really came from timing the button/trigger presses just right. Perhaps this one will be like that too, and less autopilot parkour that I'm fearing.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 17 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#82 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:01 AM

Holy crap this Shadow Warrior 2 footage looks fantastic. Looks like it's had it's looks, movement, combat, enemy design, etc. upgraded.

I still feel like the melee vs shooting combat approach neither looks or feels as natural or tacticale as it should. But look at that environmental traversal! Co-op ninja shooting simulator 2016.

EDIT: Somebody suggested this looks like a Deadpool + Wolverine simulator.

This post has been edited by Apt: 18 June 2015 - 12:09 AM

#83 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:08 AM

So I downloaded and have been playing Fallout Shelter, that mobile game Bethesda announced at E3. It's a fun and addictive game, but it crashes CONSTANTLY. To the point where you know you can't press certain buttons because it will cause the game to crash. Looking around the net, it seems this happens for every device aside from the newest iphone6 (I'm on an ipad mini), and even sometimes on that too. I know I shouldn't complain as it is a free game, but I at least wish it was playable :) I know they say that it's not 'optimised' for older devices (at two years old, I wouldn't say my mini was particularly in the older generation of devices either), but I also can't help but be like, classic buggy Bethesda doing their thing.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#84 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

I got what I wanted out of this year's E3.

The Last Guardian is actually coming...wow. This will make me purchase a PS4.

Final Fantasy VII remake? I'm tentatively looking forward to it. I was never one of the people who clamored for a remake, but this has a lot of potential. That said, I hope they don't ruin things too much with their reimagining. I could totally see them cutting the Cloud cross-dressing scene which would be a complete shame.

Fallout 4 will be fun. Not as excited as I might have been in the past, though. I'm still working my way through The Witcher 3, and I don't think Bethesda can even come close in the writing department.

A new Phantom Pain trailer is always welcome. Can't wait for this game to come out.

Dark Souls 3? This'll be interesting. I love the Souls games, even though 2 was significantly weaker (DLC kind of redeemed it). Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes in 2. I don't want to encounter a bonfire every ten minutes and a new area every twenty, kind of kills the immersion.

I'll buy Halo 5. Hasn't done anything to really wow me yet, but I've been such a long time fan of the series I won't be able to pass it up.

Looks like the Mass Effect 4 leaks were pretty accurate. Not really much to go on at this point. Still hoping for a lot of flexibility in character creation.

Nintendo was disappointing, especially after their strong showing last year. But they gave me a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X, and that's all I really care about from them at this point.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#85 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:38 PM

You'll be pleased to hear that the game's director, Tetsuya Nomura's response to questions about the crossdressing scene was "Look forward to it".
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users