• You cannot reply to this topic

The Flash

#141 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 November 2015 - 01:37 AM, said:

Voiced by only.

The actor playing him is yet to be announced...and the newest shot of him makes me think he's

Spoiler

Spoiler

Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#142 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 06 November 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Voiced by only.

The actor playing him is yet to be announced...and the newest shot of him makes me think he's

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#143 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostBinder of Demons, on 05 November 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

My only real gripe with last night's episode was that Tom Cavanaugh was overdoing it with the Christian Bale effect in his delivery as Harrison Wells. Just speak normally. Ok, maybe it wasn't full Bale, but trying too hard with the gravelly voice. Found it annoying. But apart from that, great stuff all round.

My guess? - he's deliberately making it different as this is the first time (apart from a brief flashback) that he's actually played Wells.

Before he was Eobard being Wells, and Tom strikes me as the type of actor who would seek to differentiate the portrayals somewhat.
meh. Link was dead :(

#144 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 November 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Voiced by only.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

So I just watched this week's episode last night, and to go along w/ your theory:
Spoiler

I never really read much DC in my youth, mostly Marvel then Image, so I don't know if any of that is already explained/disproven. Do comic readers already know who Zoom is (if so please don't say because I'll probably read the spoiler anyways ^^ ) and is that Arrow situation f/ the comics too?
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#145 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 12 November 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 November 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Voiced by only.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

So I just watched this week's episode last night, and to go along w/ your theory:
Spoiler

I never really read much DC in my youth, mostly Marvel then Image, so I don't know if any of that is already explained/disproven. Do comic readers already know who Zoom is (if so please don't say because I'll probably read the spoiler anyways ^^ ) and is that Arrow situation f/ the comics too?

Spoiler

I think I can safely let you know that the person who is traditionally Zoom in the comics is not who he will be in the show.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#146 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

Regardless of who he is, Zoom is straight up creepy and inhuman. Props to the SFX and costume design team. Everything about him - from his mouth to his eyes to the jerky way he moves - screams terror.

#147 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 12 November 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Regardless of who he is, Zoom is straight up creepy and inhuman. Props to the SFX and costume design team. Everything about him - from his mouth to his eyes to the jerky way he moves - screams terror.

Agreed, awesome job, even the Candyman voice! :bs:

#148 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 12 November 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Yeah, it's really well done. I really didn't see the last few mins of this week's episode playing out quite how they did. Made Reverse Flash look like an amateur.

#149 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

So, it would appear that
Spoiler
will make an appearance at some point. That certainly sounds awesome!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#150 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:08 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 18 November 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

So, it would appear that
Spoiler
will make an appearance at some point. That certainly sounds awesome!

Yeah, that just leaves Hawkman, and Rip Hunter to make an appearance, and they can bring together all the members of the team to launch LEGENDS OF TOMORROW.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#151 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

Wife was away for 8 days so I was not allowed to watch any of our shows...including this one...so now she's back we are blitzing through and I can finally comment on the last two weeks of eps.

Zoom was incredible. VERY scary. VERY powerful. Just all around great.

Though (spoiler for who I think Zoom is, don't click if you wanna wait cause I'm pretty sure this is who it is)

Spoiler

Grodd ep ends perfectly with the place he goes. VERY much the comics growth of that character. I fully expect the Grodd ape society to show up down the line.

It was clever that they made Caitlin into Faye Wray from King Kong, outfit and all...

And Cisco was awesome as per usual.

Looking forward to the crossover eps with ARROW and the intro of the rest of the LEGENDS cast.

Oh, and is it me or does Barry have a THOUSAND times more chemistry with Patty than he ever had with Iris? Like their relationship just feels much more real.

#152 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

Patty is just too damn cute!

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 20 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

#153 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:36 PM

Patty actually seems more natural and real than Iris ever did, at least to me. Patton is a good enough actress, it's not that, it's simply what she has been given to work with.

VanSanten's advantage is that she has actually been given a more interesting character.

#154 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 20 November 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

Patty actually seems more natural and real than Iris ever did, at least to me. Patton is a good enough actress, it's not that, it's simply what she has been given to work with.

VanSanten's advantage is that she has actually been given a more interesting character.

I think that's true. Even in the most recent ep I thought to myself "What's Iris doing again?"

At least Patty is interesting.

#155 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 November 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 20 November 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

I think that's true. Even in the most recent ep I thought to myself "What's Iris doing again?"

At least Patty is interesting.

Well, she certainly seems more interesting so far. But in Iris' defense, Patty IS new and not burdened with a rather pathetic love story and a downright immature and childish temper tantrum (couples tell eachother EVERYTHING!).

#156 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:27 PM

This years FLASH/ARROW crossover (Part 1 anyways) was excellent. It's rode the line between Flash's current storyline, Arrow's current storyline, and braining LEGENDS OF TOMORROW into the fold as well. For only a 45 minute episode that was some great writing to include all that and make it compelling.

Vandal Savage was WELL realized. He's powerful, and no nonsense...and setting up an nigh unstoppable villain for the new spinoff series here was a great idea!

Other things I like in point form:

- Cisco getting saved and immediately saying "Thanks Barry!" in front of Kendra, only to have Barry give him a withering stare and say "Come on, man!" LMAO

- Cisco (as per usual had the plum lines) "When did our lives turn into an Indian Jones movie?"

- Kendra's turn to HG was nicely realized. Not entirely sure I like Carter Hall's portrayal though (The actor, not the character). Kendra and Cisco being cute and date-like at the beginning, and her being forced to abandon that was heartbreaking.

- Loved the banter between Barry and Oliver throughout. The twinning of "It's YOUR city!" in each place was funny.

- Glad I don't watch ARROW much since I can't buy the Ollie/Felicity relationship. It just feels wrong on so many levels.

- Had no idea that Barrowman had taken the lead of the League Of Shadows....cool!

- Don't watch ARROW, but STILL have a bit of a crush on Thea it turns out.

- Anyone else notice that like last year they crisscrossed the Flash theme and the Arrow theme...but added (what I assume is) the League of Tomorrow theme? And once again, it's stellar, swelling, heroic music.

All in all a great first part of the crossover. Looking forward to tonight and part 2 on ARROW.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 December 2015 - 02:28 PM

#157 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:51 PM

I still watch both Arrow and Flash. Seems I really only enjoy Flash though, and I'm just kind of powering through Arrow to keep current.
Most/all the characters in Arrow pretty much annoy me now.

#158 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 02 December 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

I still watch both Arrow and Flash. Seems I really only enjoy Flash though, and I'm just kind of powering through Arrow to keep current.
Most/all the characters in Arrow pretty much annoy me now.

Yeah...I kinda feel the same way. It started out great, continued in great fashion with Deathstroke and then just kinda went downhill from there.

#159 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:48 AM

Have to agree with you guys. Still really enjoying The Flash, but Arrow has become a bit of a chore over the last season or so. I pretty much fastforward any dialogue between Oliver and Felicity, most things involving Laurel, and even some of Oliver and Diggle. There's not much left to be honest. Maybe it'll return to form when they reset the deck after the launch of LEGENDS OF TOMORROW.

As for the conclusion of the 2 parter. Pretty good. A few nice twists and turns (Wells and Garrick, Hawkgirl), and plenty of progression of the various storylines. Will be interesting to see how long they are going to have the ZOOM story play out.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#160 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

My new Zoom theory:
Spoiler

Just a theory based on pretty much nothing. Just tossed it in spoilers as the previous theory which is probably more likely was too.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users