• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Flash

#101 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

It was so good! And we get Grodd next week!

#102 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:58 PM

Anyone watch last night's episode? Grodd was sufficiently awesome! I very much enjoyed the whole episode - looking forward to seeing how they wrap everything up now!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#103 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostBlend, on 11 May 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

Anyone watch last night's episode? Grodd was sufficiently awesome! I very much enjoyed the whole episode - looking forward to seeing how they wrap everything up now!

That was last week's episode. But yeah it was a humdinger! Can't wait for tonight's ep!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#104 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 May 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

That was last week's episode. But yeah it was a humdinger! Can't wait for tonight's ep!

Oh, well, I dunno why it's working out like that.

Last week's episode for me was the one where
Spoiler
and Sunday's episode (which, really weird considering the entire rest of the season played on Tuesdays, but my PVR only grabbed it on Sunday, so what happened there?) was the Grodd episode.

This post has been edited by Blend: 12 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#105 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 May 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 May 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Oh, well, I dunno why it's working out like that.

Last week's episode for me was the one where
Spoiler
and Sunday's episode (which, really weird considering the entire rest of the season played on Tuesdays, but my PVR only grabbed it on Sunday, so what happened there?) was the Grodd episode.

Your PVR probably missed it on Tuesday and grabbed it on Sunday in a rerun, I've had that happen.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#106 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 May 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Your PVR probably missed it on Tuesday and grabbed it on Sunday in a rerun, I've had that happen.

That'd be weird - it's set to record 'First Run Only' and last week's Tuesday episode was definitely the one before the Grodd episode.

#107 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 May 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 May 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

That'd be weird - it's set to record 'First Run Only' and last week's Tuesday episode was definitely the one before the Grodd episode.

Rogers or Bell? Rogers is our PVR and it's screwed that up before on ours.

#108 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:49 PM

Bell here - not too arsed about it really, just a weird thing

#109 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

Well the penultimate episode was great! It's basically all setup for the finale...but it had some great Captain Cold moments and some even better Reverse Flash moments. Golden Glider contiuning to hit on Cisco was genius!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 13 May 2015 - 10:18 AM

#110 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 May 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Well the penultimate episode was great! It's basically all setup for the finale...but it had some great Captain Cold moments and some even better Reverse Flash moments. Golden Glider contiuning to hit on Cisco was genius!

Agreed - fun to see how Captain Cold has now made it so the 'Rogue's Gallery' owes him one, nice little origin story right there! :headbang:

#111 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 May 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 May 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Agreed - fun to see how Captain Cold has now made it so the 'Rogue's Gallery' owes him one, nice little origin story right there! :headbang:

Yeah, I loved that.

Also, the blink and you miss it (easter egg) lines:

Cold: Ferris Airforce Base huh? I thought they closed this place.

Flash: They did. A test pilot went missing.

Helloooooooo Green Lantern nod! Woot woot!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 13 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

#112 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

A good solid episode, really, but oh my goodness I would love it if Candice Patton didn't show up for next season. It's not really that her acting is all that bad, it's just her character is really, REALLY unlikable. I mean, talk about a nosy and entitled whiny little bitch! So the people around her keeps secrets from her and she gets pissed because she thinks she has a right to know.

I'm going to quote Frank Underwood here; "You are entitled to nothing!" She gives her boyfriend the cold shoulder/silent treatment (ie, she acts like a spoiled whiny child) because he doesn't want to let her in on things she has no business knowing anyway. And just because you're in relationship with someone doesn't mean you have the right to know everything.

And this shambles of an attempt to ship her off with Eddie to create a 3 way drama is just pathetic. It makes her character even worse, especially since we've now had almost a whole season of Barry practically pining for her making it another iteration of the ol' "nerd wants pretty girl but can't have her because she's with the jock" gimmick.
Also, her and Barry? ZERO chemistry! They're setting it all up for them to be together and it's just not even remotely believable.

No, as much as Iris West is an important part of the Flash mythos, I feel that in this tv version, she has failed utterly as a character. And I think the only way to actually save her character by now is to, paradoxically, kill her off.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#113 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:03 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 13 May 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

A good solid episode, really, but oh my goodness I would love it if Candice Patton didn't show up for next season. It's not really that her acting is all that bad, it's just her character is really, REALLY unlikable. I mean, talk about a nosy and entitled whiny little bitch! So the people around her keeps secrets from her and she gets pissed because she thinks she has a right to know.

Actually, I've though that since she found out and been let into the Flash's inner circle over the last two eps, she's been MUCH better. Especially in last nights ep I liked her so much more.

#114 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

Just caught up on the last 3 episodes, to wrap up the season. Pretty good in fairness.

I like how they re-introduced the characters who are going to step across to be in DC:Legends of Tomorrow.

And the seeming resolution of the Barry/Dr.Wells story was cleverly done. And raises some interesting questions about where the story will go from here.

It's going to be an annoyingly long wait for the new season to see how that cliffhanger plays out.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#115 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

Goddamn that finale was amazing. Just got a chance to watch it today.

a few spoilerific things.

Spoiler

Just a phenomenal first season. Can't wait for Season 2!!

#116 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Awesome. I can't believe they fitted so much into one season.

Just watched the finale.. what a great ending. Although was it just me that thought that
Spoiler

Such a good addictive show though, really, that smackdown with the released metas plus Arrow and flame guy in the previous ep was just pure comicbook heaven.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#117 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:47 PM

I watched the finale, and it was GOOOOOODDDDDD

so....

Spoiler

meh. Link was dead :(

#118 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:59 PM

View PostTraveller, on 27 May 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

spoiler] nearly everyone was very quick to go along with a plan that would essentially scrub out and rewrite their own lives? [/spoiler]

Yeah, that bothered me as well. Really my only gripe with the season finale. I'm pretty sure I would have been all like "FUCK NO YOU DON´T!!!"
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#119 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:06 AM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 28 May 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

I watched the finale, and it was GOOOOOODDDDDD

so....

Spoiler

Yep, apparently season 2 will fully embrace the multiverse.

#120 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 May 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

Just a phenomenal first season. Can't wait for Season 2!!

My exact thoughts. I think the last time I enjoyed the first season of a show so much was probably The X-Files, cos it grabbed me from the start and didn't let up. That finale was amazing . . .

Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users