• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Flash

#181 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 06 April 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 April 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 06 April 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Only just caught up... just watched the shark ep with the reveal at the end. The airing for this show seems all over the place, but it might be due to trying to time the crossover eps with Arrow and Supergirl.

Good reveal; wasn't quite what I expected. I'm not sure that he can be the same as the one that has been helping, as it doesn't really make sense.

The schedule switching seems to be a combination of the shooting schedule, and pushing stuff around for holidays and into May Sweeps. The latter point is the bigger one as it's a dinosaur from the days of 1970's and 1980's "appointment" TV (basically the pre-VCR days when if you missed something you were screwed so if you wanted to watch you had to be home that night on that day at that time)...and how Neilsen dealt with ratings, those months were the biggest report months, so networks always would have holes in the schedule earlier in the season to push the big last few eps into those months and nail those ratings reports.

None of that means jack these days with the PVR, online, streaming ect. We can choose when we watch stuff, and as a result the whole Sweeps thing is useless, but networks still do it for some reason.

Then there was whatever show first did the whole "Winter Hiatus" bullshit first, and led the pack in that. Now we have something like 80% of shows going on like a two month hiatus in the winter months. I think it may be the Walking Dead of Breaking Bad which was responsible for that break...but whoever it was, I hate them. LOL

I think they actually do those breaks because they are filming the second half of the season while the first half is starting to air, so they have time for post production, also so they can air reruns while the viewer isn't "tuned out" of the date & time, if the show is over it's off your radar to check if a new episode is on.

Oh yeah, that's totally a part of it too, but the ratings sweeps holiday thing is a bigger part of it I think.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#182 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:48 PM

a lot of the split season bullshit seems to have come about as a result of the Hollywood writers strike a few years back. That threw a real wrench into the schedules and gave them the idea that they could make the mid-season breaks longer, or even have half seasons.

Some of the other gaps come from things like not wanting to clash with sporting events that were actually shown on the network channels.

But now I'd say it's a combination of all the above.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#183 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:34 PM

Is it just me, or does it bug anyone else the inconsistency of how they treat Earth 2?

You can have a counterpart there, or maybe not. You could have powers here and not there, or vice versa.
Bara doesn't have powers in earth 2 for example.

...but they seem certain that Cisco and reverb are identical...
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#184 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 21 April 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

Is it just me, or does it bug anyone else the inconsistency of how they treat Earth 2?

You can have a counterpart there, or maybe not. You could have powers here and not there, or vice versa.
Bara doesn't have powers in earth 2 for example.

...but they seem certain that Cisco and reverb are identical...

Meh, it's not a big deal to me. With Cisco they only discovered Reverb on Earth-2 after he knew about his initial vibe power...so it serves to reason that what Reverb can do, Cisco can also do. If Cisco hadn't already exhibited that initial power, I could see that point.

It's typical multi-versal stuff. It's never going to be perfect, but they mostly stick the landings.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#185 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

Season 2 finale!

Spoiler

#186 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:55 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 May 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

Season 2 finale!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#187 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

Well considering the president of the network (CW) has stated that
Spoiler

meh. Link was dead :(

#188 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

Season 2 finale!

Spoiler

Yikes.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 01 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#189 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:28 AM

View PostTraveller, on 01 June 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

Season 2 finale!

Spoiler

Yikes.
Spoiler

Spoiler

#190 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:34 AM

Is that something that will be resolved fairly early on, or will the whole season be taken up trying to
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 01 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#191 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostTraveller, on 01 June 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Is that something that will be resolved fairly early on, or will the whole season be taken up trying to
Spoiler

Spoiler

#192 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:55 PM

interesting.

Spoiler

meh. Link was dead :(

#193 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:28 AM

All caught up.
Overall a solid season, I enjoyed Zoom as a villain, the supporting cast was great, lots of fun nods to the comic, a giant shark man, some real challenges for Barry. Earth 2 was a fun plot point mostly well used. Wally became less irritating, so did Iris tho i still think she and Barry have all the chemistry of a grade three science class.

Thought the finale was lame.Zoom went from effctive sociopathic world conqueror to Saturday morning cartoon villain ("must prove I'm th fastest and DESTROY THE UNIVERSE mwahahahahahaha), the team's clever plan could not have been more doomed to fail if they had called it their Master Fail Plan, and the whole time double thing was silly.

Shipp looked ridiculous and uncomfortable in that costume and not in an intended way.

Am looking fwd to the consequences of Barry's actions at the end. Am still in for next season.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#194 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

First episode of Season 3 is titled...

Spoiler

Let the fun begin!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#195 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

Tom Felton (aka Draco Malfoy) will be a series regular for Season 3!

AWWWWW YISSSS!!!!!

:Rodeo:
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#196 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:59 PM

First (proper) ep of the big crossover INVASION was excellent. Note: SUPERGIRL is the TECHNICAL beginning of it, but the only crossover bits come in the last two minutes and are repeated in their entirety on FLASH itself....so in case you don't choose to watch SUPERGIRL you will miss absolutely nothing of the crossover.

The only thing I'm getting annoyed by is Cisco and Barry still being at odds because of Flashpoint and Dante dying in this timeline. Like I get it Cisco, you're pissed...but dial back the anger. The lack of bro-ness happening between those two is beginning to get a bit overly weary for me.

But man, this was team up-errific!

Certain members don't get as focused on, but we still have all of ARROW and LEGENDS to give everyone equal time. But yeah, the Dominators plot line so far is cool. It's also neat that Kara mentions that they once came to Krypton and did horrible stuff there.

Also, Mick and Supergirl's convo was the best:

Mick: I'm not gonna call you Supergirl, cause that's stupid.
Supergirl: You could call me Kara.
Mick: Nope. That's stupid too.
Supergirl: So what are you going to call me?
Mick: Skirt.
Supergirl (deadpanning): Really?!
Mick: Yup.

I admit, I LOLed...at Mick's TOTAL lack of awareness...AND at Kara's disbelief that he could be so clueless.

#197 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 November 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

First (proper) ep of the big crossover INVASION was excellent. Note: SUPERGIRL is the TECHNICAL beginning of it, but the only crossover bits come in the last two minutes and are repeated in their entirety on FLASH itself....so in case you don't choose to watch SUPERGIRL you will miss absolutely nothing of the crossover.

The only thing I'm getting annoyed by is Cisco and Barry still being at odds because of Flashpoint and Dante dying in this timeline. Like I get it Cisco, you're pissed...but dial back the anger. The lack of bro-ness happening between those two is beginning to get a bit overly weary for me.

But man, this was team up-errific!

Certain members don't get as focused on, but we still have all of ARROW and LEGENDS to give everyone equal time. But yeah, the Dominators plot line so far is cool. It's also neat that Kara mentions that they once came to Krypton and did horrible stuff there.

Also, Mick and Supergirl's convo was the best:

Mick: I'm not gonna call you Supergirl, cause that's stupid.
Supergirl: You could call me Kara.
Mick: Nope. That's stupid too.
Supergirl: So what are you going to call me?
Mick: Skirt.
Supergirl (deadpanning): Really?!
Mick: Yup.

I admit, I LOLed...at Mick's TOTAL lack of awareness...AND at Kara's disbelief that he could be so clueless.

Spoiler

Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#198 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

Yeah, I admit that was REALLY more cool than I expected!

#199 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:33 AM

I haven't watched any of Supergirl since the amazingly cringeworthy pilot. Has it actually turned out to be ok?

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#200 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostBinder of Demons, on 01 December 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

I haven't watched any of Supergirl since the amazingly cringeworthy pilot. Has it actually turned out to be ok?

I have. Sure, it got better, but not really enough to make it worth your time I think.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users