• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Flash

#161 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:50 PM

PS. I think I may even stop watching Arrow. I watched up to the mid season finale. Good enough stopping point for me I think. Left it on the DVR so we'll see how I feel about it in late January. Hope there's not many Flash crossovers on Arrow in the future that I may miss :) Guess I could always watch those on demand or something if needed.

FLASH is all good though!
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#162 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 16 December 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

PS. I think I may even stop watching Arrow. I watched up to the mid season finale. Good enough stopping point for me I think. Left it on the DVR so we'll see how I feel about it in late January. Hope there's not many Flash crossovers on Arrow in the future that I may miss :) Guess I could always watch those on demand or something if needed.

FLASH is all good though!

I don't watch ARROW, for the FLASH/ARROW crossovers, I just watch the one episode of ARROW that I need to so I can see the end of the 2-ep arc. I usually do fine that way.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#163 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

Really enjoyed the return of the Reverse Flash in this ep. And I like that now we are really seeing the fact that Barry, Zoom, and RF all exist kind of outside time and timelines when in the Speed Force, enough to make RF showing up (even after last seasons sacrifice by Eddie). The idea that time corrects for itself when anomalies or fixed points are screwed with. So my guess is that since Eddie sacrificed himself, someone else in the Thawne timeline must give birth to Eobard as time correcting for itself. I know they talked about a time bubble/bomb...but this makes more sense to me.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#164 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:27 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 January 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

Really enjoyed the return of the Reverse Flash in this ep. And I like that now we are really seeing the fact that Barry, Zoom, and RF all exist kind of outside time and timelines when in the Speed Force, enough to make RF showing up (even after last seasons sacrifice by Eddie). The idea that time corrects for itself when anomalies or fixed points are screwed with. So my guess is that since Eddie sacrificed himself, someone else in the Thawne timeline must give birth to Eobard as time correcting for itself. I know they talked about a time bubble/bomb...but this makes more sense to me.

Yes, it was a very good episode. RF is a great villain and I'm glad to see he isn't gone "just like that".

also...

Spoiler

Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#165 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:32 PM

Whoa! Earth-2 revelaitons abound in last nights ep.

Aside from the obvious ones

Spoiler

There is also the big one.

Spoiler

Also

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 10 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

#166 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 February 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

Whoa! Earth-2 revelaitons abound in last nights ep.

Aside from the obvious ones

Spoiler

There is also the big one.

Spoiler

Also

Spoiler

It has also been pretty much confirmed that

Spoiler

#167 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:29 PM

Soooo many Easter eggs in that episode.

Spoilery rundown that (i think) catches all of them here:
Spoilery review ahoy
meh. Link was dead :(

#168 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:57 AM

I've watched through season one of the Flash, and I 've enjoyed it quite a bit. I never could get into Arrow, and I thought Gotham was atrocious, but this was just the right amount of light hearted fun for me to just hang on for the ride. I did find the romance sub-plot with his adopted sister unnecessary, or at least poorly done (and it weirded me out how no one were weirded out by it). The villain was great I thought and the effects surprisingly well done.

I think the full impact of the finale was lost on me because at one point it became impossible for me to ignore my disbelief.

Spoiler

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#169 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 19 February 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

I've watched through season one of the Flash, and I 've enjoyed it quite a bit. I never could get into Arrow, and I thought Gotham was atrocious, but this was just the right amount of light hearted fun for me to just hang on for the ride. I did find the romance sub-plot with his adopted sister unnecessary, or at least poorly done (and it weirded me out how no one were weirded out by it). The villain was great I thought and the effects surprisingly well done.

I think the full impact of the finale was lost on me because at one point it became impossible for me to ignore my disbelief.

Spoiler

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that be-spoilered point. That was just one big completely irresponsible decision they took. Not to mention the sheer arrogance and selfishness of doing something so monumentously dangerous where they simply cannot predict the outcome. But the story needed to move forward with that point as it is an established Flash lore event.

#170 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:58 PM

So...

Spoiler

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#171 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostBlend, on 24 February 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

So...

Spoiler

The showrunner said

Spoiler

#172 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

Ok, I just watched the last 5ish episodes over 2 nights. Got a lot of catch up on my DVR to do :p

Spoiler

Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#173 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:22 AM

Loved the most recent ep. Going back in his own timeline to Wells/Thawne to try to get more speed to beat Zoom...only to have EVERYTHING go south. Just a solid episode start to finish!

Time Wraiths?! Coooooool. Also all the requisite Harry Potter dementor jokes too!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 31 March 2016 - 01:24 AM

#174 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

Flash was in the latest episode of Super-Girl. I think the episode aired a week or two ago, just watched it on my DVR.

#175 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:54 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 06 April 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

Flash was in the latest episode of Super-Girl. I think the episode aired a week or two ago, just watched it on my DVR.

It was a CRAP episode... except for the Flash bits (which were awesome). Supergirl is just a bad show sadly.

I'm bummed that FLASH only JUST came back from a hiatus of a number of weeks...only to go off til Apr 19th again. Boooo. Me wanty FLASH!

#176 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

Only just caught up... just watched the shark ep with the reveal at the end. The airing for this show seems all over the place, but it might be due to trying to time the crossover eps with Arrow and Supergirl.

Good reveal; wasn't quite what I expected. I'm not sure that he can be the same as the one that has been helping, as it doesn't really make sense.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#177 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostTraveller, on 06 April 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Only just caught up... just watched the shark ep with the reveal at the end. The airing for this show seems all over the place, but it might be due to trying to time the crossover eps with Arrow and Supergirl.

Good reveal; wasn't quite what I expected. I'm not sure that he can be the same as the one that has been helping, as it doesn't really make sense.

The schedule switching seems to be a combination of the shooting schedule, and pushing stuff around for holidays and into May Sweeps. The latter point is the bigger one as it's a dinosaur from the days of 1970's and 1980's "appointment" TV (basically the pre-VCR days when if you missed something you were screwed so if you wanted to watch you had to be home that night on that day at that time)...and how Neilsen dealt with ratings, those months were the biggest report months, so networks always would have holes in the schedule earlier in the season to push the big last few eps into those months and nail those ratings reports.

None of that means jack these days with the PVR, online, streaming ect. We can choose when we watch stuff, and as a result the whole Sweeps thing is useless, but networks still do it for some reason.

Then there was whatever show first did the whole "Winter Hiatus" bullshit first, and led the pack in that. Now we have something like 80% of shows going on like a two month hiatus in the winter months. I think it may be the Walking Dead of Breaking Bad which was responsible for that break...but whoever it was, I hate them. LOL

#178 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

Didn't know anything about sweeps, cheers QT. Just noticed the other week that the Flash had gone.. and there was nothing on the catch up channels; it just went, with no reason that I could see. I just keep an eye on the planner until it reappears on some seemingly random date.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#179 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:12 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 April 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 06 April 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

The schedule switching seems to be a combination of the shooting schedule, and pushing stuff around for holidays and into May Sweeps. The latter point is the bigger one as it's a dinosaur from the days of 1970's and 1980's "appointment" TV (basically the pre-VCR days when if you missed something you were screwed so if you wanted to watch you had to be home that night on that day at that time)...and how Neilsen dealt with ratings, those months were the biggest report months, so networks always would have holes in the schedule earlier in the season to push the big last few eps into those months and nail those ratings reports.

None of that means jack these days with the PVR, online, streaming ect. We can choose when we watch stuff, and as a result the whole Sweeps thing is useless, but networks still do it for some reason.

Then there was whatever show first did the whole "Winter Hiatus" bullshit first, and led the pack in that. Now we have something like 80% of shows going on like a two month hiatus in the winter months. I think it may be the Walking Dead of Breaking Bad which was responsible for that break...but whoever it was, I hate them. LOL

I think they actually do those breaks because they are filming the second half of the season while the first half is starting to air, so they have time for post production, also so they can air reruns while the viewer isn't "tuned out" of the date & time, if the show is over it's off your radar to check if a new episode is on.

#180 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 April 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

View PostBulwyf, on 06 April 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

It was a CRAP episode... except for the Flash bits (which were awesome). Supergirl is just a bad show sadly.

I'm bummed that FLASH only JUST came back from a hiatus of a number of weeks...only to go off til Apr 19th again. Boooo. Me wanty FLASH!

Ya, Flash was best part of the show. I still watch Supergirl, but ya, it's not my favorite show, and I don't think it's super terrible, but ya, it's not great by any stretch. I still kind of like it overall though. Better than Arrow!

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users