• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 114 - Gladiators Game Thread

#81 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

I like it.

Not so sure he is flying, but I'll go with it.

#82 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

View PostAranatha, on 28 July 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

View PostGhennan, on 28 July 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

View PostSkintick, on 28 July 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 28 July 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 28 July 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Shhhh Ghennan don't use too big a word. You have confused the big dumb troll.

Do not fucking test me! You are slaves to be used and discarded on my order. Fucking slaves -- ungrateful c**ts!

Silly Batiatus. All this time spent watching your slaves and trying to drum up business. Keeps you up late doesn't it? Worry does that to a man especially a slaver.

I bet you're so busy you haven't even noticed that your wife and both daughters are preggers. Posted Image

View PostBendal Home, on 28 July 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Gladiators gather. This Ludus housed many champions in its time, and yet none greater stand before me on this day. I have secured position in the coming games! Two men to face each other in deadly contest. No quarter given, no mercy shown.

SKINTICK AND DENESMET! TWO LEGENDS TO APPEASE CAPUA AND THE GODS. MAY GLORIOUS DEATH BRING RAIN.

After I mention that Skin may have been buddying up to bendal, bendal chooses to force skin to fight, but since the scum are generally better than town at combat he might be hoping for an early PI by having skin fight on day 1. This is also beneficial for them because today is the day, through sheer numbers, with the best chance of matching his scum up against one of the weaker town, who may not have received a scum combat boost role.

I am very interested in how this battle comes out.

(Yes I did spend a lot of time before the game thinking about what I would do if I got the tyrant role myself. Fuck you bendal!)

Edit: Changed ) to (

We all should be interested in this. As for your thoughts on how the tyrant role might think, you might be right. He could also wait and hope to see if we get unlucky with the lynches first. However, I have to agree and think Batiatus might place one of his shields in the first fight as strategy.

Yes, I think this too, because they are less likely to be lynched during the day. I think lynching one of the fighters may be the best shot at getting one of his guards. I am assuming they are guards because we have to get them before getting him. I was going to say buddies but guards seem fitting.

If we lynch one of the fighters, it will also answer what happens at night if one of the fighters is lynched.

One thing I did want to say, is that we MUST lynch because if we don't we will run out of time to get Bendal.

An idea that just occurred to me and want to put it out there, what if Bendal has yet to choose his guards? What if the winner of a fight gets that position? Ludicrous to think of maybe, was just a passing thought.

#83 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 29 July 2014 - 01:32 AM, said:

View PostTennes, on 28 July 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 28 July 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 28 July 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 28 July 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Haha, was that a poor attempt to turn attentions onto me, you who tried to distance yourself from Batiatus with your very first post?

And what's this about usurping to take his place? No mention of that in the OP. You wouldn't have perhaps got the idea from 1) the previous Tyrant Steve game, and 2) your own role PM, now would you?

This post is quite stupid, since all of Batiatus's team have to be dead before he can be killed.(stated in the OP)

Please enlighten me as to which part of the post you think is stupid, so that I can in turn enlighten you as to why you are wrong.

In that case you may wish to speak to Ultama, seeing as they're the ones who brought that beauty up, not I.

It does raise two interesting points, however.

1) Where did Ultama get this notion from? As you say, it seems unworkable in this game. And yet there was something similar in the previous Tyrant Steve game (not a usurpation, but a rival cult being formed). However, I for one would discount it - because what we have here is one mechanic being brought into a different context, in a game created by a different mod. So things that happened in the previous Tyrant Steve game probably have little applicability here. Which brings up point...

2) Why is Prazec Goul so quick to vote Ultama, supposedly on the suspicion of having a role which is actually quite unlikely?

Is this an instance of you at first distancing from Ultama but now backing him up? You accused him but then immediately drop the suspicion? No wanting to add pressure to a player? Just let him skip along down the road whistling away? You have information we don't?

#84 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

After I mention that Skin may have been buddying up to bendal, bendal chooses to force skin to fight, but since the scum are generally better than town at combat he might be hoping for an early PI by having skin fight on day 1. This is also beneficial for them because today is the day, through sheer numbers, with the best chance of matching his scum up against one of the weaker town, who may not have received a scum combat boost role.

(Yes I did spend a lot of time before the game thinking about what I would do if I got the tyrant role myself. Fuck you bendal!)

First, why do you think scum are better at combat than town?

Second, why do you think Batiatus knows his shields?

#85 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostAnomandaris, on 29 July 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

There's only one Russel Crowe?

#86 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

So, I'm going to bed but I'm completely happy with my vote on Ghennan.

Here is a quick summary of Ghennan's play so far:

Post 15 - Claimed Ultama was Distancing when he said 'poop on Bendal Home'.

Post 35 - Claiming that Skintick is on Bendal's team because he is taunting him. Ghennan then asks 'do we think he (Bendal) knows who his loyal servants are?' Clearly Fishing for information on what town thinks, since he doesn't know the role setup's we got.

Post 38 - Claims that Tennes is 'interesting' because he is ridiculing Ryadd's dumb post.'

Post 49 - Ghennan says 'I mentioned Skin was buddying up to Bendal, so Bendal is going to make him fight in the arena' because apparently now Ghennan is sure that Bendal knows his shields, in a random aboutface from post 35.

Post 77 - After I call him out on calling people scum/shields just randomly, he gets extremely defensive and claims that everyone else is doing nothing and only he is generating any kind of content, and that anyone who doesn't agree with him isn't trying to 'work for the win'.

#87 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostAnomandaris, on 29 July 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

If I recall the previous tyrant steve game, I don't believe he knew his low level shields.

Second, why are you posting that stupid picture now?

Because if apprently the least objectionable thing to do is dicking around, so I was dicking around by adding that fucking picture.

#88 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

1. It was said somewhere that the scum are better fighters, being hammered at the moment, but go read either setup or signup thread

2. I have asked on thread if we think that is the case, and of the opinion that he does not know who they are without them signalling, which is what I think skin has done.

#89 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostAnomandaris, on 29 July 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

So, I'm going to bed but I'm completely happy with my vote on Ghennan.

Here is a quick summary of Ghennan's play so far:

Post 15 - Claimed Ultama was Distancing when he said 'poop on Bendal Home'.

Post 35 - Claiming that Skintick is on Bendal's team because he is taunting him. Ghennan then asks 'do we think he (Bendal) knows who his loyal servants are?' Clearly Fishing for information on what town thinks, since he doesn't know the role setup's we got.

Post 38 - Claims that Tennes is 'interesting' because he is ridiculing Ryadd's dumb post.'

Post 49 - Ghennan says 'I mentioned Skin was buddying up to Bendal, so Bendal is going to make him fight in the arena' because apparently now Ghennan is sure that Bendal knows his shields, in a random aboutface from post 35.

Post 77 - After I call him out on calling people scum/shields just randomly, he gets extremely defensive and claims that everyone else is doing nothing and only he is generating any kind of content, and that anyone who doesn't agree with him isn't trying to 'work for the win'.

1. It was a joking/very over the top reaction to him calling bendal a jerk, togenerate conversation and reactions

2. The nature of skinticks "taunting" seemed a lot more like "expressing concern" and "hinting that skintick might be privvy to special priviledges or information from bendal" than outright aggravating bendal.

3. It is interesting to me at least.

4. I think bendal is trying to make me look wrong about skin, who I think got a signal through to bendal, by having him fight on day 1.

5. I am VERY irritable, get used to it ;)

#90 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostBlend, on 25 July 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

View PostD, on 25 July 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Is there also a lynch mechanic? Is there also a regular NK mechanic? Is the Tyrant a member of the scum?

The lynch will be the main way that town will be able to kill the Shields so that they can take down Batiatus.

There are no other NKs besides the Arena Fight results.

The scum team will be Batiatus (the Tyrant) and his Shields (most likely 2 of them). Everyone else will be the Town team.

The Shields will be able to be sent into Arena Fights a small, finite amount of times. They will be powerful, however they will still be beatable - so it would be a risk for Batiatus to do so. This should give town more of a chance to figure out who the Shields are besides complete guess-work.

There are a couple of 'roled' town members, meaning that there are a couple of town members who will have abilities that can help them win Arena Fights, or delay them.

Oh gee, I dunno.

#91 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Yeah, I think it's fair to interpret from that statement of Blend's that not only are the shields good fighters, but Bendel ALSO knows who they are.

#92 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 29 July 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

View PostAranatha, on 28 July 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

We all should be interested in this. As for your thoughts on how the tyrant role might think, you might be right. He could also wait and hope to see if we get unlucky with the lynches first. However, I have to agree and think Batiatus might place one of his shields in the first fight as strategy.

Yes, I think this too, because they are less likely to be lynched during the day. I think lynching one of the fighters may be the best shot at getting one of his guards. I am assuming they are guards because we have to get them before getting him. I was going to say buddies but guards seem fitting.

If we lynch one of the fighters, it will also answer what happens at night if one of the fighters is lynched.

One thing I did want to say, is that we MUST lynch because if we don't we will run out of time to get Bendal.

An idea that just occurred to me and want to put it out there, what if Bendal has yet to choose his guards? What if the winner of a fight gets that position? Ludicrous to think of maybe, was just a passing thought.

That is 3 people (me included) who think that either skintick or denesmet are likely to be scum. I am heavily leaning towards thinking it is skintick being the scum at the moment.

Assuming we are correct, and that one of them is a scum, I can think of no reason to not lynch one of them today, and potentially save the life a town. This also lets us find out what happens if we lynch one of the combatants before they fight. If we let them both go into the fight the town is more likely to die, so why should we let both of them survive today, only for one of them to kill a town tonight, then we have to lynch them tomorrow anyway.

Vote Skintick

I am happy to swap my vote to denesmet if someone can give me a good enough reason to do so.

Any glaring flaws in this idea that I am not seeing? Seems like the best course of action for us to take imo.

#93 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostIparth Erule, on 29 July 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Yeah, I think it's fair to interpret from that statement of Blend's that not only are the shields good fighters, but Bendel ALSO knows who they are.

Certainly possible, but if that is the case, then literally the only mechanism we have for finding the guards all game is when bendal chooses people to fight, and who wins. That is a VERY small amount of information to go on, and an unusually specific and discrete set of information used, compared to what mafia games normally run on.

#94 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

WAKE UP EARLIER AMERICANS!

#95 User is offline   Ryadd Eleis 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, Anomandaris, for someone who came in to decry so many others' posts' as stupid, you're managing to ask more than your own fair share of dumbass questions, simply because you don't appear to have bothered following what the mod has been revealing about the game.

Sending his bodyguards into the arena a finite number of times suggests that Bendal does indeed know who they are.

#96 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

Ok Ive read up. I asked PS about lynching the arena candidates and yes Bendal will get to choose a new contender. But especially this early why would Bendal put one of his guards in a fight? D1 lynch is pretty much always a townie. Not a given I know but statistically its probably going to happen. If I were him I would throw 2 town in the arena and be happy with my chances that there will be a town lynch, getting a nice little twofer. This logic wont hold up all day but for D1 especially I think its sound.

#97 User is offline   Ryadd Eleis 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 29 July 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 29 July 2014 - 01:32 AM, said:

View PostTennes, on 28 July 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 28 July 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 28 July 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 28 July 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Haha, was that a poor attempt to turn attentions onto me, you who tried to distance yourself from Batiatus with your very first post?

And what's this about usurping to take his place? No mention of that in the OP. You wouldn't have perhaps got the idea from 1) the previous Tyrant Steve game, and 2) your own role PM, now would you?

This post is quite stupid, since all of Batiatus's team have to be dead before he can be killed.(stated in the OP)

Please enlighten me as to which part of the post you think is stupid, so that I can in turn enlighten you as to why you are wrong.

In that case you may wish to speak to Ultama, seeing as they're the ones who brought that beauty up, not I.

It does raise two interesting points, however.

1) Where did Ultama get this notion from? As you say, it seems unworkable in this game. And yet there was something similar in the previous Tyrant Steve game (not a usurpation, but a rival cult being formed). However, I for one would discount it - because what we have here is one mechanic being brought into a different context, in a game created by a different mod. So things that happened in the previous Tyrant Steve game probably have little applicability here. Which brings up point...

2) Why is Prazec Goul so quick to vote Ultama, supposedly on the suspicion of having a role which is actually quite unlikely?

Is this an instance of you at first distancing from Ultama but now backing him up? You accused him but then immediately drop the suspicion? No wanting to add pressure to a player? Just let him skip along down the road whistling away? You have information we don't?

No; no; I am; But that includes you as well as Ultama, why let either of you 'skip merrily along'? What separates you from anyone else?; No.

#98 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostAnomandaris, on 29 July 2014 - 03:10 AM, said:

See, anything posted in the sign up thread as actual rules to the game should be posted in the actual game thread.

I Challenge Path-Shaper to a bout in the arena!

It wouldnt seem to matter as you wouldnt read them anyway.

#99 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostEldat Pressen, on 29 July 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Ok Ive read up. I asked PS about lynching the arena candidates and yes Bendal will get to choose a new contender. But especially this early why would Bendal put one of his guards in a fight? D1 lynch is pretty much always a townie. Not a given I know but statistically its probably going to happen. If I were him I would throw 2 town in the arena and be happy with my chances that there will be a town lynch, getting a nice little twofer. This logic wont hold up all day but for D1 especially I think its sound.

Bendal's situation;

1. Very limited uses of actually sending a scum to fight
2. There are known anti-scum combatants
3. As you already said, the greatest chance of picking a random (and crap combatant) town player is today
4. He does not want to leave his scum until the last 2 days because then they are easier to locate

Today is the BEST option for having one of his scum fight because it; PI's one of the scum, seperates the guards by X days, is the least likely day in the whole game for his scum to fight a scum killer.

Only if we start getting into WIFOM territory does today become less optimal to make a scum fight. And once we start down that road why not just lynch people based on a RNG?

#100 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostGhennan, on 29 July 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

View PostEldat Pressen, on 29 July 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Bendal's situation;

1. Very limited uses of actually sending a scum to fight
2. There are known anti-scum combatants
3. As you already said, the greatest chance of picking a random (and crap combatant) town player is today
4. He does not want to leave his scum until the last 2 days because then they are easier to locate

Today is the BEST option for having one of his scum fight because it; PI's one of the scum, seperates the guards by X days, is the least likely day in the whole game for his scum to fight a scum killer.

Only if we start getting into WIFOM territory does today become less optimal to make a scum fight. And once we start down that road why not just lynch people based on a RNG?

I think this logic is solid.

Of course, it begs the question if Bendel is smart enough to have employed this logic himself. It would appear that plenty of others have not, so your assumption he's thought it through like this may not hold water.

Either way, I'm willing to vote for one of the combatants today since I generally feel scum do their utmost to think through possible permutations of their actions while townies play it more loosely. So yeah, today is probably the best day to throw your boy in the arena against a townie, and because of that it's town's best day to lynch one of them.

Share this topic:

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users