• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 114 - Gladiators Game Thread

#941 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

Ahhh, good game all. That was a lot of fun. I thought we were toast 2 days in, but somehow it went the distance.

View PostKhellendros, on 07 August 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

So Tyrant Steve falls again. That was some great RP Trull! Really enjoyed it :) Was there any method to your madness when giving out orders?@Blend: As always, the Steve mechanic is very enjoyable. Did you ever think about giving him other abilities too (perhaps not for an M&P)? The fighting mechanic - though I never got to use it myself - felt like something which would be best served in a more complex game. Cool idea.

Thanks! I'm obviously a huge Spartacus fan. That said, I hope I did not offend when I called some/all of you shit-eaters, c**ts, whoresons,... All in good fun!

My rule for picking fights was pretty obvious early game. Choose the silent town and hope to find at least one quiet champion. Found two that way, then worked to get rid of them. Eventually pairing town with the champion isolated potential shields, so I mixed it up.

As for actions and orders specifically, I did whatever I could to create a smokescreen while at the same time trying to avoid anything that defended a shield. Obviously I aimed to limit information (hence targeting the same people), but made some mistakes that cost scum in the end.

#942 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

Good game everyone.

Also, can whoever keeps resetting the game alts timezones to the incredibly annoying half-hour-or-15-minute off of normal timezones cut that shit out? I don't care what timezone my alt is in, I never bother to change it, just as long as it's on the same hourly time advancement as the vast majority of the world.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#943 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:13 PM

GG people.
I still want to know how Obdi found me out.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#944 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:16 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 07 August 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

GG people.

I posted in the spoilers thread but,

Merrid was refusing to vote Tennes and Tennis was trying to distance from Merrid. Merrid was trying to keep Tennes alive and Tennes was trying to get Merrid to stop. I assumed the Shields knew each other but couldn't communicate, and it looks like typical symp play to me.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#945 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostObdigore, on 07 August 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

View PostEmperorMagus, on 07 August 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

GG people.

I posted in the spoilers thread but,

Merrid was refusing to vote Tennes and Tennis was trying to distance from Merrid. Merrid was trying to keep Tennes alive and Tennes was trying to get Merrid to stop. I assumed the Shields knew each other but couldn't communicate, and it looks like typical symp play to me.

Damn.
It was all Merrid's fault!
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#946 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

View PostShinrei, on 07 August 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

Good game everyone.

Also, can whoever keeps resetting the game alts timezones to the incredibly annoying half-hour-or-15-minute off of normal timezones cut that shit out? I don't care what timezone my alt is in, I never bother to change it, just as long as it's on the same hourly time advancement as the vast majority of the world.

That would be me. I started doing that last year when I went through them all checking passwords and getting passwords for those alts that had incorrect/unknown ones. I still do it routinely. The idea being that when a mod proceeds to set up a game if s/he sees that the alt is in Arcoboleno skin and the oddball timezone, they'll know that its mailbox, notifications, notes, and attachments are all empty. Tongue-in-cheek ”Verified By Gnaw”™.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#947 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

Sorry folks, I've been extremely limited in computer access this week - got around ¼ of the house decorated.

Tennes, too perfect a play on D1! Although finding out you're the other shield I knew I was doomed.

Nice to see I totally wiped the floor in my fight though, take that town :)

I'll try and figure out what actually happened in the last half of the game next week
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

Share this topic:

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users