• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Game of Thrones Season 5 BOOK SPOILERS THROUGH ADWD Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

Personally I hated it. It didn't look good, the prostitutes are too pretty, the story is going WAY off the rails and I'm beginning to despise certain characters for how fucking dumb they are. Dany is a dumb fuck, Dario is s bland shit stain. There's just too many characters to work in a show to get me to care about any of them. And Tyrion's shit would have been quite loose, based on all the wine. How the fuck do you push that through an air hole?

I'll still watch it, but I'm also going to complain about it. Sorry.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#62 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 14 April 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

That's actually incorrect. While they will most certainly track down the critic that loosed the screeners, they have a fairly laisez faire attitude towards pirating. They'd rather focus their efforts on creating a quality show than worrying about some 14 year old trying to see boobies behind his mom's back.

I moonlight in IT for my company. Had a guy download a newer HBO show (not Game of Thrones or any of the other more well known shows) last summer, that triggered an e-mail from our ISP and HBO saying that happened, to delete files etc.

They do track things in the US at least.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#63 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

View Postamphibian, on 14 April 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

That's actually incorrect. While they will most certainly track down the critic that loosed the screeners, they have a fairly laisez faire attitude towards pirating. They'd rather focus their efforts on creating a quality show than worrying about some 14 year old trying to see boobies behind his mom's back.

I moonlight in IT for my company. Had a guy download a newer HBO show (not Game of Thrones or any of the other more well known shows) last summer, that triggered an e-mail from our ISP and HBO saying that happened, to delete files etc.

It depends on your ISP. I just moved to MediaCom territory from MS and thus experienced my first-ever ISP warning. My cable company in MS had a different approach: they would tack on a charge for excess downloading. I only hit that limit twice. They are not one of the cable giants, though; I could never log on to any of the TV websites because they didn't recognize my provider.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#64 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

I liked it. It's differing enough from the books that I'm able to enjoy it on a level I haven't really before (knowing what was going to happen and all that). For example (and I may have missed this on my last read of the books)...did Jon have that chat with Stannis/Melis/Davos on the wall about recruiting the wildlings? I forget. Also the arrow mercy was new, yes?

I'm glad to see the Tyrion & Varys story moving along, and their scenes were priceless.

This is where Dany's story starts to stagnate right? The much-mentioned Mereneese knot? I wonder how fast-tracked we will be with the Mereen stories now, and how much of it will go into new territory.

Brienne scene was nice.

No Arya yet. Boooooooooooo. I had to watch that stupid scene with Littlefinger and Sansa-of-the-dyed-hair...but I get no Arya?! Screw you HBO! Just kidding...mostly.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#65 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

The arrow mercy was not new. Melisandre was robbed of her intended sacrifice, first with Mance, and then with his son.

There it is.

#66 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

Ah, noted. I'd forgotten then.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#67 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

I have a feeling that Dany's story will focus on fretting over the dragons, rooting out the Harpies, and then move down to the reopened fighting pits w/ accompanying action and gore, to balance out the ruling-as-sausagemaking stuff.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#68 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:08 AM

Watched the first three of the leaked episodes - I think the streamlining of threads and cutting out of bits and pieces is going to do the story some large favours based on what I've seen so far. I think it's a very strong opening.

Also, I'm loving how Kit Harrington is starting to sound more and more like Sean Bean with each season - unsure if that's intentional or not.
- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#69 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

Might be. Accents can be all over the place on this show, but the best matching has been Stannis and Robert and that seemed very deliberate.

#70 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

View PostCeda Cicero, on 13 April 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Looks like the show's deviating pretty sharply on the Mance subplot from DANCE. And frankly this doesn't bother me all that much, since the whole Rattleshirt fakeout/Melisandre's illusion thing always smacked of Harry Potter to me.

Not sure on this one yet. There were a lot of deliberate back-and-forth shots between Mance and Rattleshirt. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened off-camera. The thing that weakens it is Mance's fairly stoic resolve on the pyre, at least initially. Rattleshirt went bonkers in the book. Then again, I haven't seen any of the leaked episodes as I am a good boy and like my weekly spoon-feed, so I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong with authority on this.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 15 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#71 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:58 PM

View Postamphibian, on 14 April 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

I didn't mean to sound so dismissive. Apologies. I'm sure letters have been sent, and they hope to scare some people into paying some fine or whatever they do.

But GoT specifically I think is being ignored re: pirating because its such a good earner in the way of licensing (have you seen some of these ridiculous products? Its worse than Star Wars ©) and much of that adoration it was cultivated online. Right now they're have pretty good standing with the internet public at-large and coming out forcefully against pirates would open up a giant keg of ill will where before was fostered nothing but love. Considering the sheer amount of downloads, you would be alienating a large portion of the fan base that for some reason wants miniature cute and cuddly stuffed dire wolves or replica iron throne paperweights.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#72 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:17 PM

View PostGorefest, on 15 April 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

View PostCeda Cicero, on 13 April 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Looks like the show's deviating pretty sharply on the Mance subplot from DANCE. And frankly this doesn't bother me all that much, since the whole Rattleshirt fakeout/Melisandre's illusion thing always smacked of Harry Potter to me.

Not sure on this one yet. There were a lot of deliberate back-and-forth shots between Mance and Rattleshirt. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened off-camera. The thing that weakens it is Mance's fairly stoic resolve on the pyre, at least initially. Rattleshirt went bonkers in the book. Then again, I haven't seen any of the leaked episodes as I am a good boy and like my weekly spoon-feed, so I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong with authority on this.

As far as I could tell, Rattleshirt isn't in the scene at all. Tormund on the other hand is, and since Mance was scared but not raving/unwilling, it might be someone that loyal. If you chopped off his hair and beard and dressed him up like Robin Hood, nobody south of the Wall would be the wiser.

#73 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:22 PM

Rattleshirt was definitely there, on Tormund's left (screen right). However, Westeros tweeted this.

There it is.

#74 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:03 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but that guy looked covered in bovine horns and antlers, not bones. Like generic tough wildling. Or maybe my eyes are giving out, who knows?

#75 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:06 AM

He was recast.

PS: you might be right that it's not him, but if it's not, dude makes a strange and confusing prop in that particular scene.

This post has been edited by Terez: 16 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

There it is.

#76 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

Yup. And if it is him, he should change his name to Rattleshirts.

#77 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

View Postworry, on 15 April 2015 - 11:17 PM, said:

As far as I could tell, Rattleshirt isn't in the scene at all. Tormund on the other hand is, and since Mance was scared but not raving/unwilling, it might be someone that loyal.

Oh, mixed up the characters then. I assumed that the big red-head bloke was Rattleshirt. Wouldn't be the first time they moved other characters in certain slots though whilst keeping the event similar.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#78 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

Rattleshirt is definitely not in that scene, nor is he at the Wall right now. From earlier promos though it's clear that he's meant to show up at Hardhome later in the season.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#79 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Last night's ep was only so-so. Not enough Arya for my liking and I liked the scenes at the Wall and the short scene in Dorne and Brienne/Pod finding Sansa (with Sansa responding to her in typical stupid-fucking-Sansa-style). Bit otherwise it kind of touched on too many of the various plotlines gingerly to really get into the meat.

#80 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

Oh, and to those that may have seen all the leaked eps...is it true that...

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users