• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls II

#101 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

Like DS, I mostly played as hollow anyway, except when I needed the extra ring slot (from the ring of binding that increases health while hollow).

The Chariot is cool, and once you find the alcoves on the walls to duck into, and kill the necromancers to stop the skeletons being summoned, it gets a lot easier! Just head left when you go in, not right, get into an alcove, let the Chariot kill the skeletons, then take out the necros.

I got killed a bunch when the skeletons blocked me in, so you sometimes have time to kill a couple before the Chariot comes back. The Chariot itself is up to you...
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#102 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

I imagine ive got to drop the gate so it crashes or something. Just tried that rolling barrel thing and remember why I couldnt get through the wall.

The enemy at the top doesnt kick it down he just stands there. I tried getting the giant enemy to knock it through like with logan in Sens fortress but no such luck.

Im so fragile atm im getting really fucked off with the game. Not just the lack of damage output and punishment I can take as a sorcerer but also, as I said about the locked doors above the Lost Sinner, theres alot more keys on this game and alot more locked doors with no guidane whatsoever.I dont know seems different from DS 1 somehow.

EDIT- So I went back down. The only places I can go where blocked by 3 fog doors. Skeleton Chariot, Lost Sinner and it turns out the skeleton lord. I was so annoyed I went into it with no estus, half health, a handful of spells left and i did it first time. Pretty straight forward boss fight so now I have a path to move forward with.

This post has been edited by tiam: 06 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

#103 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Go back and get the chariot while you're there. If you can take the Skeleton Lords you can take the chariot.

(Don't be fooled into thinking that shutting the gate is the best way..)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 06 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#104 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

Skeleton were a straightforward slug without gimmicks though. I'll probably have a look

#105 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

Did anyone find the last boss being WAY to easy?
No Touchy.

#106 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

She was once I figured out how to evade all her attacks. Last boss in Demon's Souls was way easy compared to the rest though.

#107 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

Eh, last boss in Demon's Souls wasn't supposed to be difficult as all; like Maiden Astraea, that was a lore fight more than anything. I always viewed the last boss as Old King Allant, who in my opinion as quite difficult.

Dark Souls last boss was pretty disappointing due to parrying.

Last boss in Dark Souls II was a joke, though.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#108 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

So beat that covetous fat slug demon thingy. Only after the event did I notice you could probably knock down the jars above to distract the slug. Beat it second time in. No really good spells so far yet either. In that giant poison place and not sure where I am now.

Im in the earthen ruin place and have just stumbled up against that poison headless medusa queen thingy. I died instantly because of the poison floor so I imagine, like with alot of these bosses it seems, there some sort of prep I can do to clear the poison away.

SO I have the Lost Sinner Blocking one way, Chariot Skeleton the other way and this poison queen the other way. Am I like maybe a quarter of the way through the game yet?

This post has been edited by tiam: 07 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

#109 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

Not sure if anyone cares about my playthrough still but if they do.

Had my best Dark Souls experience today.

I played DS1 hollowed the entire game so never got invaded or PVPd. A strict solo game. This isnt an option in DS2 and i got invaded for the first time the other day and utterly crushed. Didnt mind just new. Anyway finally found that Belfry that allows the torches to be lit in the Lost Sinner Chamber. Climbed it and was invaded and actually beat the invader. He then re invaded and I killed him again. Then he reinvaded with a friend and I was crushed. Anyway fought the gargoyle boss a few times and couldnt see how id do it (too many too fast, not enough stopping power from me, low health as hollowed etc) so I became human for the first time in ages.

Then I co-oped for the first time and beat the gargoyles straight away with this guy. He messaged me asking if I could do the same for him on his file. Back and forth messaging beating the boss, lighting the lost sinner flames then his xbox over heated and I had to face the lost sinner with the npc and beat it first time. So much easier with another person. Ive now decided that I like been human and the co-op aspect is very enjoyable and makes the game alot less frustating.

TLDR- Co-op for the first time renews my energy for this game.

#110 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Co op bosses are fun.. after beating one and learning all their moves, you can go back and get yourself summoned to help someone else.

You'll just have to be careful with the human effigies, and save them for when you really need - they're not that easy to come by if you run out.

Go get the Chariot.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 09 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

#111 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

I did a little bit earlier. Got cornered by the skeletons after killing the necromancer. Gutted but there we are. With bare minimum stats with my moderately upgraded rapier im much better than my best spell with 45 intelligence which is a pain. Christ I miss homing soulmass

#112 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

View PostTraveller, on 06 July 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Go back and get the chariot while you're there. If you can take the Skeleton Lords you can take the chariot.

(Don't be fooled into thinking that shutting the gate is the best way..)

SO I did this and shut the gate and it unleashed the horses that I killed. It was straight forward after killing the necromancers.

I also killed Medusa or whatever the poison lady was. She was easyish actually after I cleared the poison.

Moved forward a bit and fought the smelter demon. My magic, even at 45 intelligence is still woeful so I just have to doublehand my rapier to do any damage. Went in with no estus just to have a look and got him past half life with my rapier. Reminds me of the stray demon.

Enjoyable in the Iron Keep.

#113 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

I think the Stray Demon is one of my all- time favourites... just because I was so underpowered, having gone there early, and he seemed just impossible. And because I beat it in the end anyway.

Iron Keep is fun, some good gear there irrc. And the Iron King...

Oh and when you've beaten the Smelter Demon, go back there for round two with the Pursuer.

Anyone had a look at the new DLC?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

#114 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

Yeh the stray demon, and all the similar massive bosses like that, are actually easier if you stay close and wait to dodge the AOE. Havnt really had another crack at it. Found that Belfry Sol place just having a look round there.

#115 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

If you unpetrify the mage in the cell he'll sell you boss soul weapons and spells. I think that's where he is anyway.

#116 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Thats Belfry Luna and ive got him. Boss Soul weapons are of no use to me as I can never wield them. Its so much more important as a mage to find a particular npc. I cant wait to play through as a standard sword wielder it much be so much simpler.

#117 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

Is there an equivalent to Dark Souls Moonlight Sword in DS 2? I'm sure I've seen an NPC is wielding it, but didn't investigate further as a melee build. It stacks with Intelligence, and is absolutely awesome if you're a mage.

It even does a cool ray of light thing in DS.

#118 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Yeh it was pretty good in DS though I preferred the Spear. Not as much damage or scaling but the range was epic. No such luck yet and I am enjoying using the rapier tbh. Just a shame magic is such a struggle this one. Though, as with DS1, I could be one NPC encounter away from being very powerful as my Int is quite high.

#119 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

I don't think it's npc's you need... I remember finding hidden chests all over, behind pharros doors as well as secret walls, that had all the goodies like homing soulmass and such.. but I didn't need them.

I did get caught out when I realised that there are a ton of secret walls - that aren't activated by being hit like in DS, but by using the activate button. Like in the boss room with the three sentinels - there's about 6 wall-doors.

There's also the Bonfire Ascetics. You probably know tgis already but some items and spells only become available in newgame+, but if you burn an ascetic, it effectively turns that area into newgame+, so you can get the better stuff. You do need to wiki the spells though as there's no hope in hell of just stumbling onto them.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

#120 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

Yeh thats what i mean trying to stay away from Wikis.

And your right the amount of times I saw illusory wall ahead markers and hit them with nothing happening is staggering. I only found out about using the button in the bit with the exploding mummies before the Lost Sinner.

At the moment ive just died against the Old Iron King and still cant beat the Smelter demon though I think hes optional. Ive accidentally found my way to the end of the game aswell. Unlike DS where the altar needed Four Souls if your Soul Memory is over 100 0000 you can just go through. I think im over levelled but my magic is so ineffective that I find myself sinking points into Strength and dexterity more than anything recently.

Anyway I had a look online to check why but it turns out that I only have 1 of the four main souls in the game and havnt even found 2 others im looking for just that my level is so high they expect me to do it.

Fought the Smelter demon with someone else online with him tanking and me casting. Got within one hit of killing it and it last minute charged me in the middle of a cast.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

26 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users