• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls II

#1 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

It's not far off now. Just in case you haven't seen 'em yet..

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=z_JFDPCtXFY

Looks like they've made a quite few changes, but essentially the gameplay looks the same. Hopefully. The torch addition looks like a whole new world of pain. Torch or shield? And when he goes to use his shield, the torch goes out and he's stuck in the dark...

Also that armored troll he circles behind to backstab - and it throws itself backwards to land on him? Shit. Love the way the demon smashes the whole wall down if you shoot him through the bars.

Can't wait for this.

(btw how do you attach/link youtube vids without just ending up with a text link?)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2 User is offline   Hocknose 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Yeah man...can't wait for this...Hope PC release wont be too long after console

Been playing Dark Souls a lot again recently to get back into it!!

#3 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

Seconded. It's nice to know there's a game coming out that I know that I will love and spend hundreds of hours on :smoke:

Just have to get the razer controller working on PC - hopefully it will be straightforward, unlike Dark Souls 1

#4 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on 22 January 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Seconded. It's nice to know there's a game coming out that I know that I will love and spend hundreds of hours on :smoke:

Just have to get the razer controller working on PC - hopefully it will be straightforward, unlike Dark Souls 1

They're making this for PC and porting it to consoles, rather than the other way around this time. So I would think that should work.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#5 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

Too bad the PC version looks like its gonna be released 2 months after the console one. Don't know which one I should get in that case.
No Touchy.

#6 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Looks like a March 14th release, in uk at least. As far as I can see, Amazon have the same date for the pc version, but collectors edition only - the regular version doesn't have a release date yet. Pc version shouldn't have the same problems as before anyway.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#7 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:12 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 22 January 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 22 January 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

They're making this for PC and porting it to consoles, rather than the other way around this time. So I would think that should work.

That's got to be game clips from the console port though, right? Because those graphics are crap if it is for PC.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#8 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

16 days to go. Not that I'm like, counting, or anything.

Attached File(s)

#9 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

I wish this was on the xbox one too, but I'm still excited to grab it for the 360. I want to be playing from the start this time (instead of two years later) so I stand a chance against invaders, instead of losing again and again to players way stronger than me.

#10 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Players can get invaded even when hollow in DS2.

And, if you stay hollow for too long, your max health decreases and your hair and teeth fall out!

I think it's going to rely more on joining specific Covenants for help against invaders this time round.

#11 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

I feel like most people play while dead or hollow so if they can still get invaded in that form that's great as there will be more player interaction. I still think the bonfire should be limited to only 5 flasks 6 max of you kindle. I never kindled past 10 and when I did the game became way too easy. I want less checkpoints, less health and more frustration.
No Touchy.

#12 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

Estus flasks have been tweaked again. Hopefully not to make it easier. Looks like the arcane symbols for vitality, health etc have been made more 'obvious'.. hope that isn't a sign that everything else has been made more accessible.

The character animations look great. And the new landscapes.

I like the way frequent invaders get penalised. But 4 Rings?! That is a big change regarding strategy. Deciding which two to wear in DS was the difference between winning or being bashed into pulp.

http://www.theguardi...aved-until-last

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

#13 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostTraveller, on 25 February 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

Players can get invaded even when hollow in DS2.

And, if you stay hollow for too long, your max health decreases and your hair and teeth fall out!

I think it's going to rely more on joining specific Covenants for help against invaders this time round.

I have never played as anything other than a hollow. I feel like ive missed out. I have like 80 humanity just sat there that I only use for kindling. What benefits other than item boosting does it have?

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 26 February 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

I feel like most people play while dead or hollow so if they can still get invaded in that form that's great as there will be more player interaction. I still think the bonfire should be limited to only 5 flasks 6 max of you kindle. I never kindled past 10 and when I did the game became way too easy. I want less checkpoints, less health and more frustration.

Its more about max health. Like Manus and other heavy hitters can drop you in 2 hits no matter what. Though I think ten should be a maximum as you say. 20 was alot.

#14 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Four rings instead of two is kinda crappy. Good that health lowers when your hollow. Demons Souls was good as you wanted to be alive, Dark Souls peeps preferred to be hollow as you wont get invaded with no real repercussions.

Demon Souls was great because it was hard. Dark Souls was easier and I really hope that the next games wont be getting easier just to get more people playing.

I really want to get the PC version but don't know if I want to wait for it.
No Touchy.

#15 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

I just finished a replay of Demon's Souls. It was much easier after having played Dark Souls, I found. (I finished in half the time with half the soul level as my original attempt).

The herbs worked well though - available to find (on first attempt) but not respawning, making the game get progressively harder if you keep dying.

Humanity... I only used to boost the Furysword, and as a health top-up in boss battles. I usually stayed hollow as the reduced health didn't bother me much.

I just finished Demons Souls playing with less than 30% health most of the time, as the Clever Rat ring and Morian Blade stack damage when you get below that point, which dealt effectively with pretty much everything as if you hold the blade it boosts spells, arrows, everything up by about 60%.

I really hope they keep the high standard of level design. Easy fast travel could be a real problem. I love the trudge into the unknown, getting further and further and collecting more and more souls, without knowing where the hell the next bonfire or shortcut will be.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

#16 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostTraveller, on 26 February 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

I just finished a replay of Demon's Souls. It was much easier after having played Dark Souls, I found. (I finished in half the time with half the soul level as my original attempt).

The herbs worked well though - available to find (on first attempt) but not respawning, making the game get progressively harder if you keep dying.

Humanity... I only used to boost the Furysword, and as a health top-up in boss battles. I usually stayed hollow as the reduced health didn't bother me much.

I just finished Demons Souls playing with less than 30% health most of the time, as the Clever Rat ring and Morian Blade stack damage when you get below that point, which dealt effectively with pretty much everything as if you hold the blade it boosts spells, arrows, everything up by about 60%.

I really hope they keep the high standard of level design. Easy fast travel could be a real problem. I love the trudge into the unknown, getting further and further and collecting more and more souls, without knowing where the hell the next bonfire or shortcut will be.

Yeh the gamble when your travelling is always good. Like you acquire alot of souls, die then acquire even more to get back to where you were then you battle a bit further and get even more. Pretty soon youve got like 5 soul levels sat in hell waiting for you to go and get it.

Also I think we all know were waiting for some sort of white mask so the dual swordsman is awesome.

#17 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

I'm waiting for the pc version.

I also look forwards to having fear imbedded into my soul like it was in Tomb of Giants and sadness akin to reading the Chain of Dogs for the third time like I experienced with Sif.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#18 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

Did you release Sif later to help with Manus? I thought that was a nice touch at the end. I just fell into that cave too.

I like the look of the dual swordsman but I just love the knights and warriors in these games.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

#19 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

Yeh the first fifty hours of Dark Souls when everythings still terrifying is the best. Though to be honest the same could be said of any open world sandbox where everythings still fresh and you havnt figured out the fastest and most efficient way to do things.

Im tempted to bust out old Dark Souls again but ive got Borderlands to play

How much PVP did you guys play on Dark Souls and is it worth me getting stuck into the gmae again just for that? If not I wont bother.

This post has been edited by NoOneExpectsThetiamishInquisition: 27 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

#20 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

I just pre-ordered the PC version of DS II.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook