Malazan Empire: Slow mafia 1 spoilers - Malazan Empire

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slow mafia 1 spoilers Battle of the pensioners.

#81 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, I know. I meant that I thought it was a smart move for Galain to switch off Korv.

#82 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Heh, ah Starling... She's doing a great job as scum though. As long as the vig holds back, she may have a shot...

Yeah, that was a tough game. I was getting soooooo bored. With all that free time, I just didn't have the motivation to stay with it. It wasn't the reading that was the problem. It was the lack of response and interaction. I am one of those reload page spammers. But at least things picked up at the end.

Yeeehaw.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#83 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thoughts from Ment

Telas said:

1383925584[/url]']
It's Friday, I'm bored outta my mind, so I thought I'd pester you with some thoughts.

Thought 1: I am absolutely alone in my timezone. It seems playing peaks in the UK lunch hour (when I'm still asleep) and then again in the EST evening hours (when I am at home and not paying attention to the thread). My entire productive (read: work) time, thus, I am alone. No wonder people are saying I don't participate in discussions and shit--how can I when no one is around???

As for the actual game... ugh, too many people playing still. I don't start analyzing in depth till the numbers are lower. until then my strategy is to attack faulty arguments (no wonder I'm always so popular). Right now I hope Thyr posts more, so that I can get into a proper argument with him.

I'm of a mind to self-vote, actually, because I don't want a repeat of Khell's game, where I spend all game defending against constant accusations based on a super-weak initial case. not quite yet, though. I'll see if I can have some fun first.

#84 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

I sent some rule info to Dolmen. I noticed the use of bold to highlight passages and that there was an edit to add clarifying thoughts earlier.

Also added a Dawn scene. I'll be freezing the clock in like 3-4 hours too.

-stalker

This post has been edited by Hugin & Munin: 08 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

#85 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Alright clock is stopped. Only housekeeping issue is that Rashan has not posted since Oct 30th. I know Brujah mentioned how very busy he was in a different thread, so since the clock is stopped anyway he will have the weekend to contribute. Otherwise, come Monday he'll have to go too. Everyone else has posted at least once in the last two days, so all else is good.

#86 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

I finally read the spoilers for Khell's game. I had no idea so many people not related to me wanted me dead.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#87 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

Well, Bruj responded to the PM saying he'd get a post in, so hopefully no need for modkill there.

Starting to see why westeros just ran it with no time limits whatsoever. There are people who want it to be more active (GH etc), and people who've signed up because it's just long enough for them to play...And I think people overestimated how much time they have.

-Grief.

This post has been edited by Hugin & Munin: 11 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

#88 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yup. It's just like real life. People will do the same amount of work everytime, just compressed or expanded to fit the time frame they are given.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#89 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Mockra said:

1384197661[/url]']
Spoiler Shit

The massive amount of arguments in this game are more retarded then normal. Or perhaps they just stand out to me more right now. Tennes I can understand. The shit from Thy and Telas just seems like clouding the waters. Which if I was interested in I would make a case on Omtose for all of the times that he said that he would vote but then managed not to vote at all. Oh and I do not expect that Tennes is scum. Of course I also do not think that Driss is a symp. If Driss is a symp then he should go down as one of the worst in a while.

On another note I feel that the days should be half as long as they currently are. While I enjoy the ability to actually post and read up a little bit the current length of time seems to be a little counter productive as people forget that they are playing.

For the most part everyone still alive seems to know they are playing, which is good. It is hard to say what the right length for day should be. We tried five days, without a weekend break, and that failed. Maybe we should have gone to five days with a weekend break, instead of going straight to seven but I think it is working fine. The thing is day that day can be as short as the players want it to be, they just need to lynch someone. Posted Image

-stalker

#90 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

I missed that. Starling hammered Ruse. Typical high scum thing to do. Should be one of the criteria.
~Abyss

#91 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Healer chat:

Omtose said:

1384315630[/url]']
I said this on thread:

Rashan, Mockra and Liosan are all looking decent to me because of their pretty solid places on the Ruse train.

These are probably likely targets for the killers, so let's heal one of those guys.

Mockra has gotten flak, so the killers might leave him a little longer. Liosan is more verbose than Rashan and I would hate to lose him more, so let's

Heal Liosan

Feel free to disagree, or confirm. I will be more active on thread for the rest of the week at least, so we can discuss this more.

Thyrllan said:

1384321279[/url]']
Agreed. Liosan is asking some strong questions. I do think the killers are aiming for misleading kills...so maybe they wont go for Liosan precisely but its good to set the heal on him due to the discussion generated.

Heal Liosan

#92 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Other PMs

Mockra said:

1384357486[/url]']
Spoiler Shit

Ugg it is painful to watch Tennes wallow around like a sheep in a pig sty. No idea what the fuck he is doing there and no idea on how to get out. There are just to many dots connecting Tennes to Ruse for him to not be the next lynch. He attempt to make cases ( on me of all people) is pathetic in its WIFOM. Just sad really especially if he is town if he is scum then he has to know that he is going down.

Galain said:

1384296620[/url]']
My current feeling is that it might be helpful to kill of Serc, because that should reduce interest in the connection between him and me. But I'm reluctant to make a kill that is so easily connected to me, because that will bring me back into the spotlight.

Telas said:

1384272904[/url]']
The amount of groupthink in the thread is astonishing.

makes me wish I actually was scum.

For a game where we were supposed to have more high-quality posting, and better case, I'm disappointed. I'm pointing out a poor case, and asking for something better, and that makes me scum? ugh.

Almost wishing they'll lynch me after Tennes, I'd hate to stick around for 4 more weeks to have to read more "Telas is scum, because he wasn't sheepled into a crappy lynch" every single day.

Telas said:

1384273560[/url]']
I'm seeing a lot of agreement between Mockra, Gamelon and Omtose. On day 2, Gamlon and Mockra quoted the same mockra post, agreeing very strongly with him. And now Gamelon is quoting Omtose, and adding a 1-liner "I agree"

The only problem in this greatest of theories is that Mockra voted Ruse early on, and both days, iirc. Would vengy or Mac really throw Bubba under the bus so hard so early on?

#93 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

Killer provisional

Galain said:

1384488542[/url]']
Argh, I don't know!

provisional kill Rashan

Mostly because he's annoying me.

#94 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

NK has changed.

Galain said:

1384591868[/url]']
Oooohhhkaaaay, I just realised Rashan is voting for me, so killing him might bring rather a lot of attention to me, and I'm not brave enough to attract that :-P

change provisional to Thyrllan

He's equally as annoying as Rashan, his wall of tiers will lead to WIFOM, and the self-pity makes me think it's either Brujah or Gnaw, and I'm more than happy to kill either of them :-P

#95 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

There seems to be a disproportionate amount of looking for other symps as opposed to killer connections.

Also, not entirely sure what people's modkill timers are like, just going to check.

-Grief

This post has been edited by Hugin & Munin: 19 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

#96 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Korvalain, on 19 November 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

I'm totally just going to troll them now...Tatts is going to blow a gasket.

Omtose has also set Thyr straight on symp mechanics a bit.

#97 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hugin & Munin said:

1384878752[/url]' post='1098014']
There seems to be a disproportionate amount of looking for other symps as opposed to killer connections.

Also, not entirely sure what people's modkill timers are like, just going to check.

-Grief

As of Friday when I stopped the clock everyone had posted within the previous 48 hours. A few people may be getting close now though, like Kaschan.

#98 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Unless I'm missing something, Kaschan's last post is this one:

View PostKaschan, on 12 November 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Thing is, we have one newbie and two people screwing up the voting, so someone's fucking around for some reason. My money is on Rashan, not Thyr, because Thyr responded to the correction.

I agree we should focus on people with conections with Ruse though, since that's a much stronger lead than irritating voting (or not voting). I'm leaning towards a Tennes lynch as well, but I think a big part of that is because of the self-vote. One problem with such a long game is I forget stuff, especially after a weekend, so I think a couple of minutes doing a reread this afternoon might be in order for me. I'll probably be back on later today for that.

Which I think puts her up for modkill. I've PM'd Kasch and her main alt, with an 8 hours warning (think she's in a bit of a tricky timezone). I could edit the time on it if needed but I think it's a reasonable amount.

#99 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

No reply as of yet and 2 hours left on your time limit, according to my understanding of GMT heh. But yeah, I'll handle it if necessary. She(?) should have used the vig earlier as Galain was a top choice for it. Now modkill and no vig, most likely.

Was anyone close on kill timer?

#100 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

Sorry everyone :)

Worst part is I was thinking of vigging Galain for being a pest.
*Men's Frights Activist*

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users