Malazan Empire: Slow mafia 1 spoilers - Malazan Empire

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slow mafia 1 spoilers Battle of the pensioners.

#1 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

If you've wandered in and you're not sure that you should be here, please call a receptionist to take you back to your room.

Hugin and Munin password is crafty.

To jog your memory:

CF will be alignment only (scum or innocent), along with the player name.

Killer PM:

You are a killer. Your partner is X. You may communicate with him off thread. A PM has been provided. Please include Hugin and Munin in any communications. Each night you may kill one person between you. If one of you dies, the other will retain this power. If you do not agree on a target/provisional, no action will be taken (you can provisionally accept whoever the other chooses). If one of you does not provide any target/provisional, the other may submit an action individually. You will not be told if your action is successful. You win under the scum win conditions. You will CF, and be found, as scum.

Symp PM:

You are a symp. Your killers are X and Y. You win under the scum win conditions. You will CF, and be found, as innocent.

Vig PM:

You are a vig. You may, once only, select a target to kill. This is a night action. You will not be told if your action is successful. You win under the town win conditions. You will CF, and be found, as innocent.

Healer lover PM:

You are a healer. You also have a lover connection with X, and may communicate off thread with him. A PM has been provided. Please include Hugin and Munin in any other communications. Each night you may heal one person between you. If one of you dies, the other will retain this power. If you do not agree on a target/provisional, no action will be taken (you can provisionally accept whoever the other chooses). If one of you does not provide any target/provisional, the other may submit an action individually. You will not be told if your action is successful. You win under the town win conditions. You will CF, and be found, as innocent.

RI PM:

You are RI. You win under the town win conditions. You will CF, and be found, as innocent.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#2 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

Who's that? Oh you don't remember...?

Scum:

Galain - Killer - Starling
Ruse - Killer - Bubba

Meanas - Symp - Messremb
D'riss - Symp - Macros

Roled Town:

Thyrllan - Healer lover - Dolmen
Omtose - Healer lover - Shin
Kaschan - Vig - King Lear

RI:

Rashan - Hinter (replaced by Brujah)
Tennes - Ganoes Paran
Tellan - Tapper
Telas - Ment
Shadow - Twelve
Serc - HD
Mockra - Venge
Liosan - Gnaw (replaced by Lady Bliss)
Hood's Path - Gust Hubb
Gamelon - HiddenOne (replaced by D'rek)
Emurlahn - Azathmaster
Korvalain - Khell

This post has been edited by Hugin & Munin: 26 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

Cougar said:

worry said:

#3 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Action list:

Night 1:

Killers kill Shadow.
Healers Heal Meanas.
No Vig.

Night 2:
Killer- kill Korv kill HP
Healers- heal Serc
Vig- no action

Night 3:
Killer- kill Thyrllan
Healers- heal Liosan

Night 4:
Killer- kill Serc
Healer- heal Liosan

This post has been edited by Hugin & Munin: 05 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

Cougar said:

worry said:

#4 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

PM's have been sent out, I'll try and open the thread up sometime in the morning. I'm planning on starting the timer from 12 GMT. If I'm not around but you are, feel free to start it off.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#5 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

Will do. Good job on the setup.

#6 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

PMs so far:

Ruse reacting to his role:

Ruse, on 21 October 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

SWEET!!!!!!!

Then in the killer convo:

Ruse, on 21 October 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

In my lawn chair .....waiting....Oh you WILL get off my lawn.....IN A BODY BAG!!!!!

GH/HP suggesting he has a specialty ;)

Hood, on 21 October 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

Ah, M&P. My specialty. Never can figure out those stupid Faction games anyway.

Messremb/Meanas:

Meanas, on 21 October 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

I had to open my mouth in the last game and say I'd never symped didn't I. Better read up on previous M&Ps. Although, beer festival to set up for today so that can wait.

And Starling/Galain:

Galain, on 21 October 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Killer, hells yes!

I am historically VERY BAD at scum roles. We'll have to see how this one goes.

Awesome timing too, I just finished my last assignment for the semester :blink:

Most interesting is that Mess hasn't symped, that's often a pivotal role, one way or another, will be interesting to see how he does.

#7 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I also had this convo with Dolmen from my main account:

Grief, on 21 October 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Dolmen+, on 21 October 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Hello grief

I have read the rules posted in the game thread. I'd like to ask a few questions: firstly i am given Thyrllen - different. This is not a role listed under town or scum, is this then a login? If it is am i correct assuming i can only use it once game starts? basicly i'd just like to know how the alt will work.

That aside what does RI and CF stand for? The rest is pretty clear and understandable. Sorry if i'm being newbie9000.

Thanks in advance.

Dolmen

No problem.

Thyrllan is an alt account, different is the password. You use it once the game starts. Don't post with your main account. It will be your character, essentially. All game play goes through them (including PM's to the mods). They are to hide people's identities (and speculating on thread about who is who is frowned upon, and often results in a modkill).

RI means roleless innocent. Town aligned, no powers, just voting etc. You may want to have a look over the spoilers or something for a M&P game.

CF is what you get after someone dies. In this particular game, it's going to be player name and alignment. Other things some games tell you are say, role, or faction in a faction game. But in this game, it's only name and if they were scum or inno. Note that the symp role CF's as inno, though it's actually aligned with scum.

This thread:

http://forum.malazan...about-the-game/

Explains some of the game basics, the basic rules, and abbreviations you are likely to see.

Most likely would be:

WIFOM - Wine in Front of Me. Reference to the Princess Bride scene, usually suggesting that an argument devolves into pointless second guessing (maybe he killed X so we would suspect Y, meaning Y is innocent being framed...Or maybe he knew that we would think that, and killed X so we wouldn't suspect Y etc).

OMGUS - Oh My God You Suck. Suggesting that person A is only going for person B because person B went for person A first, is suggesting that Person A is going for person B due to OMGUS. Usually suggesting that their accusations are less valid/baseless due to this.

WCS - Worst Case Scenario, normally used later on when hypothesizing about how long the town has left to hit scum.

As well as stuff like CI (confirmed innocent) VPI (very probable innocent) PI (probable innocent).

The guide also has some basic advice for new players on what to do, and perhaps more usefully, on common pitfalls (voting night, fishing for info on roles etc), and is worth looking at.

Tried to be as helpful as possible since the game isn't meant to be confusing.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#8 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Clarification for Kaschan:

Hugin & Munin, on 21 October 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Kaschan, on 21 October 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

I'm assuming there's leeway for spam on day 1...

Also this may be a mistake for me as I'm flying out on Saturday :blink:

Yeah there's leeway, since it's usually how the game gets going. And it's not banned outright, I just wanted to discourage it from getting too out of hand.

Kaschan, on 21 October 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Also muhahahaha vig

#9 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

More reactions

Telas said:

w00t

Hugin & Munin said:

D said:

I hope they don't kill me

really want a win here so you better not have given me fuckung idiots.

confirm by the way :blink:
No comment on their mental capabilities. This is a retirement home game, involving vegetables and old people, the whole thread will be slow.
-Stalker

Kaschan's response

Hugin & Munin said:

Kaschan said:

Makes sense. Also my first thought on seeing my role was totally not to check who's in the game. Totally. Do you think it's still fair to say that it's okay to kill Khell on the basis that he's either scum or going to implode his own team?

Khell does have a history, doesn't he? Ultimately, this is going to be a slow game, so you'll have a lot of time to figure out how to best play your role.
-Stalker

This post has been edited by Hugin & Munin: 21 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

#10 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Signalling is always a lot more obvious from up here, but that seems a bit blatant even so from Mac (D'riss). People do get away with it, but it's risky. Aggressive move, makes for an interesting start. :blink:

Cougar said:

worry said:

#11 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Agreed. That may be too blatant, as Ruse had not even posted.

#12 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, and it's early day one in a M&P game where people tend to be extra sensitive to signalling. Picked up on quickly too. And with a slower pace it's less likely to get buried like it otherwise might.

We'll see I guess, it's not like it never gets let slide.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#13 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Okay, bit of a problem.

Gnaw apparently knows there is a healer conversation (he set up some of the emails of the newer alts and some had e-mail notifications left on, currently changing this) - I assume not who it's between but I'll ask. Also presumably it is narrowed down to the warrens whose email he created...Looking at the affected group it's 8 of them.

Anyhow, options:

Modkill Gnaw. Seems a little drastic, accidental but it's problematic what to do otherwise. Screws the balance a bit because it's a lynch less, could maybe just dock a kill or something...
Reveal on thread that there's healer lovers. Puts everyone on the same level. But screws up the balance, makes any reveal much stronger.
Allow Gnaw to carry on with the information. It means he's likely to believe a reveal, but it's not doing so much that way as giving it to everyone. Has a pretty unpredictable effect on the game though - could make no difference, could be important depending on if/when there's a reveal.
Replace Gnaw, keep the alt. Might be ideal but doubt we could get a replacement.

Any thoughts?

Cougar said:

worry said:

#14 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Tending away from revealing on thread there are healers. It seemed like an OK idea at first, but the more certainty there is about what roles there are the less scope it leaves for any sort of faking.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#15 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostStalker, on 21 October 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Agreed. That may be too blatant, as Ruse had not even posted.

Looks like it could well be the thing that gets focused on to start with, unless someone else comes along and distracts.

Dunno why Gamelon said he didn't want to be the first to mention it though, it's a bit of a suspect statement really.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#16 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

You've covered the options. If we can get a replacement, that is the best option. It isn't quite fair for Gnaw as he did the mafia players a favor by resetting the lost passwords, but it does mess with the game. If we can't find someone, I think we just let him keep the info. Obviously, if he says anything we can modkill him. We just need to make it very clear what he can and can't do with that knowledge (like can't fake reveal to save lovers, can't mention what he knows, can support them if they reveal-without saying why, etc.). Aside from a replacement, none of the options are fantastic, but it's just an unfortunate situation. I'd like to avoid a modkill if at all possible.

#17 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Grief said:

Tending away from revealing on thread there are healers. It seemed like an OK idea at first, but the more certainty there is about what roles there are the less scope it leaves for any sort of faking.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think that is a viable solution.

#18 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Bugger, he gave me a screenshot of his email and you can see clearly who the healers are...

Gonna look for a replacement, hopefully that can avoid any issues.

I'd rather not modkill either, and I'm not sure it's the end of the world having him know. Will think about that if there's no replacement.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#19 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Ive told Gnaw to play on for just now (with common sense restrictions in regards to his knowledge), and that I'm looking for a replacement.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#20 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Mac is really being picked up. He really doesn't want to be the person where everyone coming on is mentioning him because he's the main event.

Slowness of the game does seem to have a distinct impact.

Though it'd still be a risk that early in a normal game even with a decent amount of spam.

Meanas brings up the WIFOM argument, not sure how it'll hold. Not sure how involved Meanas will want to get either.

Mac can also argue he didn't realise people would get instantly serious, just doing the regular spam etc.

A lot depends on if other things come along.

Being the first decent thing on day one is rarely good. It's an easy time to get lynched for just being the best option going, for gaining a bit of momentum. Still, there's a lot of time, and people ought to be trying to get other stuff on thread, because it's day one and "what are the chances" etc...

Cougar said:

worry said:

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users