Malazan Empire: Slow mafia 1 spoilers - Malazan Empire

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slow mafia 1 spoilers Battle of the pensioners.

#161 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Ah yup, there it is. Thanks, that explains why I couldn't find it. I'm sorry I didn't correct you on the modkill timer in that exchange, definitely should have, just slipped my mind.

-stalker

#162 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

No need to apologise. If nothing else, relooking at that post just confirms that I should have realized modkill timer was less than I thought.

The second time, I think my mistake was more my remembering incorrectly my last post time less so than time on timer.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#163 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostMeanas, on 05 December 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

12 hours left to go.

Stuff it, I'm going to hammer now.

Yes, you can all moan all you like, but you know what we have more than a week per day. Deal with it. I want to know.

Mockra is my #1 atm but I'm struggling to find out now why I think that. I'll vote Telas though because it'll narrow the field of dodgy characters.

As I said before, WCS tomorrow we have 1 killer and 2 symps, 4 votes needed for lynch making the first vote on a non-scum a pile-on speed lynch if they're keeping up to date with thread. Throwing Telas to the wolves now upsets any timetable they were expecting. My question for the next day is will the killer lead the way with a vote and hope for symp support and wavering town or will they hang back perhaps unsure about who their symps are - I could of course be wrong about Omtose and it may be someone else. Bottom line, we need to be really careful about who we lynch tomorrow and taking out one of the two mired-in-suspicion alts today is a good start on that.

Vote Telas

Edit: 12 hours, not 17

I'm not knocking Meanas's play, as he's doing well overall, but if they don't pick and tear this post apart, I will be pissed. This post screams of a 'guilty vote'. I think he went a bit too far with all the explanations to his motives, not to mention the follow-up with what could at least somewhat easily be seen as a symp communicating with his killer. I think he messed up big here, and if at least Khell don't figure out something up here, then.......ill be pissed. I don't really know how to follow that statement. Anger is about my only option.

Come on, guys. Figure this shit out. I did almost a month ago, yah know. No biggie. I'm not saying I'm amazing or anything. Not desperately seeking praise or anything.

It's not like we don't have good townies left. Khell, ment, drek, bliss(although having joined late might be throwing off her reads), venge. And shin is the only one onto Galain, atm. Come on.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#164 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

I'm sure they will be able to figure it out eventually. But I also think that explanation was overly winded especially after this day ended up lasting nearly 2 weeks with the breaks. Eventually someone had to go.

I'm not going to resolve yet, because I want Galain to have a chance to confirm the provisional considering it was sent nearly 9 days ago. I'll check back later or send a message asking for confirmation. Fortunately, the surviving healer did confirm earlier today. Way to be on top of things.

#165 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:52 AM

Alright, Galain confirmed Serc. Heal is on Liosan so that's that. Will resolve soonish.

#166 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

Grief, you still want the smaller number for lynch due to the modkills? I left out the number on the day post until it's figured out.

#167 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

If it's Mockra I'm going to be PISSED.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#168 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostHugin & Munin, on 26 November 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

NK provisional

Galain, on 25 November 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

My current choices for NK are Serc and Gamelon. Serc because if I need to I can fake-reveal lover pair based on the post where he called me a good lover (incidentally, still no idea what was going on there), and Gamelon because he's sneaking in under the radar and that makes me wonder whether he has a role.

provisional kill Serc

Being day drunk is never good.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#169 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

Ah. So, Galain.

Yeah, there was smoke there. We'll see what pops up now that Telas is gone on the suspect list narrowing it down. Don't think Starling can pull through, but those 2 can sway the thread (D'riss really can't) now that there are so few left if they are left to their own devices and town keeps silent.

#170 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

Oh, so this finally happened?

I admit I stopped fighting there. basically since last Friday nigth all my free time is occupied reading and watching what's going on in UA.

and fuck, I was wrong about Venge. well, i suppose it would'e been too convenient.

Didn't think much of Galain, and i'd have had a hard time analyzing that hammer, because i've worked myself up into such a frenzy as to why it was a poor case and train. Ah well.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#171 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Mockra said:

1386249862[/url]']
Hey Mental,

Guess who drove a lynch on you... :p :p :p

Ahhh it feels good. It feels really good.

Your loving pal

Vengeance

#172 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostHugin & Munin, on 05 December 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

Grief, you still want the smaller number for lynch due to the modkills? I left out the number on the day post until it's figured out.

For future reference, I'd just go with whatever the number should be according to the normal majority maths, unless it's obviously a bad idea by common sense.

Sorry for not being around much, my exams have started.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#173 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Omtose said:

1386599428[/url]']
Heal Liosan

I'm sitting on the thought that he may actually be the other killer, just because he's still alive despite being on the Ruse lynch when he was. Gonna wait for more people to die before I test the waters with that theory.

Of course, that person to die might be me, but so many people have mucked about with me as symp (maybe the killer actually thinks so too) that I may last until the end. If so, I can reveal the lover link with Thry, and at least narrow the field futher. Of course, that would mean I would likely have to make the hammer decision, something I think I'm running a pretty low success percentage on....

#174 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

Meanas said:

1386633491[/url]']
If I survive today and am not NK'd I'm revealing as soon as I get on next day as finder - there'll be 6 alts left, a fake reveal resulting in lynching and a NK takes us to 2v2, scum win. Of course someone will realise this may be a scum tactic so I'll have to be suitably pompous at having found them and making a few statements like I think the game is actually over already etc etc. As well as picking someone who isn't around hugely often or in a timezone where we can get a speed lynch in before they're back

Galain said:

1386630058[/url]']
Omtose is really starting to irritate me, but if people think he's the symp then that makes me safer. I really don't know who to kill off next.

#175 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

I somehow wish they cross-posted with Meanas revealing finder and Galain revealing lover.

Don't think the finder reveal will be instantly bought. Certainly not enough to get a speed lynch.

#176 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

Grief, if you get a chance please review the PMs from Path-Shaper and Messremb. Basically, D'riss got outed as a symp in SH for the other game running and Messremb (Meanas- the other symp) saw that info. They were asking how we want to handle it, and I'm not really sure. I'm thinking that it shouldn't affect too much, as long as Meanas understands that that info can't be shared in any way. Thoughts on what to do?

#177 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

OK, had a chance to look at them and think you made the right call (again, sorry for being slow, after this game I'm gonna give you like, a million rep).

Letting Meanas play on is good. Not really fair to modkill him for it, and that particular confirmation isn't a huge advantage imo, though it does let him know the numbers better. I think it'd be a bit of an unfairly large blow for scum to lose Meanas, who the town don't seem to be picking up that badly, over that info. Game has been messy on these sorts of things (in this particular case, posting game spoilers in a different thread isn't something I thought I'd need to clarify as being dumb, and it's already against the rules, see B3 (so any suggestions for a hilarious punishment for Brujah are weclome) :). It's easy to see how it could happen accidentally when people aren't used to it being an issue, and posting a reminder about it somewhere people are actually likely to read would've been the thing to do on my part).

Considered telling the whole thread the info, but that's an unnecessarily large interference I think.

Gonna PM him just to clarify that I've had a look at it. I considered saying something like Meanas couldn't change his vote, but again I think minimal interference is better (it's easy to see how that might backfire). Will tell him to play as he was, and that he'll be modkilled if it looks like he's using the information (i.e, trying to inform his killer, blatantly switching to trying to save his team mate etc).

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#178 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Right on. That was my thought too. I think it is a good idea to expand on what he can't do with the info, I kinda just made some sweeping generalizations.

But yeah, it just confirmed for him what he likely had a 50/50 suspicion on anyway. I agree on minimal interference. Best to just let things play out as they will and see what happens (as I told Meanas). There are enough town left to lynch D'riss if that is what they decide, though no one really seems to be in sync.

Thanks for input, no worries on being busy. Exams suck, but hopefully they have been going well for you.

#179 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Killer's thoughts- would be very interesting if the NK is on Meanas.

Galain said:

1387222173[/url]']
Hrm. Looks like Mockra is the main lynch target for today. No one else is really coming under fire. D'riss is still my most likely bet as symp. Omtose is most certainly not my symp, but if people think he's a symp his posts are more likely to be dismissed, which I am fine with. Gamelon, Liosan, and Korvalain have mostly flown under the radar, so I'm not really sure what to do with them. Are they going to continue to lurk, or have they been biding their time, waiting for D-Day, when they'll come out and crush me?

I kind of want to kill of Meanas, he is basically PI since putting himself at L-1, it's just too big of a risk to take. But Meanas is the main one driving the game at the moment, and I think it might be much, much slower without him, so I sort of want to keep him around.

Can I also add, I had no idea my NKs were incriminating Mockra :) That amuses me very much.

#180 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Galain said:

1387255992[/url]']
Ok, I'm going with a low poster for now, to avoid connections to me and keep Meanas around so that the conversation will continue.

Night Kill Gamelon

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users