• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#301 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

OH MAN JUST WATCHED THE EP WHERE WARD KILLED ALL THOSE PEOPLE AT THE END AND SET HIS OLD SO FREE THAT WAS FREAKING INTENSE!
I can't think he is going to stay like that (intentional looking troubled at the end?) But by heck he is now a douche for leading everyone on like that. Glad to have Mae cleared too (despite being a bit sneaky...)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#302 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

View PostTisteon Simeonus, on 05 May 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

OH MAN JUST WATCHED THE EP WHERE WARD KILLED ALL THOSE PEOPLE AT THE END AND SET HIS OLD SO FREE THAT WAS FREAKING INTENSE!
I can't think he is going to stay like that (intentional looking troubled at the end?) But by heck he is now a douche for leading everyone on like that. Glad to have Mae cleared too (despite being a bit sneaky...)

Hehe, keep watching.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#303 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

The next episode is flipping mental too! Ward is now in the secret bunker in Canada AAAARGH! Flipping ace! That's the last episode we have atm. Still 3 behind?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#304 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostTisteon Simeonus, on 05 May 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

The next episode is flipping mental too! Ward is now in the secret bunker in Canada AAAARGH! Flipping ace! That's the last episode we have atm. Still 3 behind?

I think now you're only one or two behind.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#305 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

Fucking awesome. I missed episode 17 or 18. So I didn't see Garret and Ward become evil. So the next episode was a bit weird, but still amazing! WTF is going on. I really felt for Coulson before that secret bunker opened.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#306 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

As of last night's ep, I was SO sure that Ward was going to save them the theme of the dog in his past and Fitzsimmons in the present seemed well planned...but yeah, he killed the dog and they are off to be drowned. I still think he's got redemption coming, but I doubt he'll survive it.

#307 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

At this point, he better die, because if they turn him goody-goody and he rejoins the team, I'm out.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#308 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostMcLovin, on 07 May 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

At this point, he better die, because if they turn him goody-goody and he rejoins the team, I'm out.

This. I can just about accept death/redemption, but if he redeems and survives, i give up.
meh. Link was dead :(

#309 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

Agreed - he'd better not end up surviving this thing.

How awesome was it to see Fitz use the EMP on Garret? I legit cheered and waved my arms frantically when that happened!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#310 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 May 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

How awesome was it to see Fitz use the EMP on Garret? I legit cheered and waved my arms frantically when that happened!

Yeah, that was badass.

Fitz continues to prove he's not just the resident tech nerd, he's got balls the size of church bells most of the time.

#311 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Do you think Fitz and Simmons, with the down time they will have waiting to be rescued in the crate deep in the ocean will consummate their feelings for one another and become "Fitzsimmons"? . . . . see what I did there?Posted Image

Yeah, I agree with most up thread. If Ward is redeemed that will make the show dump worthy (it's dump worthy anyway imo). But yeah, it's like they farmed out the writing of this show to an 11th grade creative writing class. It's too bad, the pedigree of the Marvel ip deserves better.

#312 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 07 May 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Yeah, I agree with most up thread. If Ward is redeemed that will make the show dump worthy (it's dump worthy anyway imo). But yeah, it's like they farmed out the writing of this show to an 11th grade creative writing class. It's too bad, the pedigree of the Marvel ip deserves better.

Actually, the writing has mostly been top notch for a scripted network show. On par with past Whedon projects. It's got all the snappy dialogue and clever misdirection that I've come to expect from him. Sure it took a few eps to get properly rolling and cohesive...but after like ep 4 or 5 it's been flying ever since.

I've never sat there and thought "geez this is badly written!"...like I'm often know to do with...OUAT for example.

I'll argue that AoS is probably top 2 of current scripted American network shows, behind SLEEPY HOLLOW in terms of quality.

I'm curious why you continue to watch a show that you consider "dump-worthy" already though. That seems excessively punishing to yourself.

#313 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

Surviving Jack is as well written as Agents of SHIELD. But it's a comedy on Fox, so people aren't going to rep it as much.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#314 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

View Postamphibian, on 07 May 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Surviving Jack is as well written as Agents of SHIELD. But it's a comedy on Fox, so people aren't going to rep it as much.

I've heard from more than one person that I ought to be watching that. I've gotta find it.

#315 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 May 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

As of last night's ep, I was SO sure that Ward was going to save them the theme of the dog in his past and Fitzsimmons in the present seemed well planned...but yeah, he killed the dog and they are off to be drowned. I still think he's got redemption coming, but I doubt he'll survive it.

I seriously doubt that they're going to die. And I don't think he killed the dog but I was watching late and post-sleeping pill so could have missed it.

And I doubt the redemption now. I think they're setting it up so that he will be re-inforced with enthusiasm for Hydra upon the death of Garrett. Taking Garrett's place.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#316 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 May 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

I've heard from more than one person that I ought to be watching that. I've gotta find it.

Thritto his ditto.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#317 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostGnaw, on 07 May 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 May 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

I seriously doubt that they're going to die. And I don't think he killed the dog but I was watching late and post-sleeping pill so could have missed it.

And I doubt the redemption now. I think they're setting it up so that he will be re-inforced with enthusiasm for Hydra upon the death of Garrett. Taking Garrett's place.

Oh I don't think Fitzsimmons will die, and I think the dog death was only slightly ambiguous...hard to tell with how they shot it.

I think you're right about Ward possibly taking Garret's place though. Good call.

#318 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

I watched 6 episodes last night. It's good. Has potential. Not certain I like the narration though.

#319 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostGnaw, on 08 May 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

I watched 6 episodes last night. It's good. Has potential. Not certain I like the narration though.

It got cancelled today, or yesterday. Either way, potential gone sadly.

#320 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

AGENTS OF SHIELD officially renewed for a second season!

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

48 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users