• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#261 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

The lack of activity in this thread tells me that people have lost interest in this show, which doesn't surprise me. I've been disappointed by this show too, but last night's episode was the best one so far this season. Last night's episode was head and shoulders above the shit they have been shoveling out. It still has a ways to go to meet my expectations, but maybe last night's episode is a turn in the right direction. We'll see.

Spoiler

#262 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Jakovasaurus, on 09 April 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

The lack of activity in this thread tells me that people have lost interest in this show, which doesn't surprise me. I've been disappointed by this show too, but last night's episode was the best one so far this season. Last night's episode was head and shoulders above the shit they have been shoveling out. It still has a ways to go to meet my expectations, but maybe last night's episode is a turn in the right direction. We'll see.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I definitely agree that they're finally moving to a show that resembles what I expected Agents of SHIELD. It's more akin to the old XMen cartoons, for example. Some fun plot development, awesome fight scenes, and plots within plots within plots.

Spoiler

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#263 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Is this development in someway going to be a tie in to Winter Soldier?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#264 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Gnaw, on 09 April 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

Is this development in someway going to be a tie in to Winter Soldier?

Yessir, that it is. They mentioned Captain America in last night Episode, and apparently some of the stuff that happened in the episode last Tuesday also ties directly into stuff that's happening in Captain America.

If I'm not mistaken, one of the secondary characters in Agents of Shield is actually in the new Captain America movie.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#265 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

I'm a few eps behind so don't usually have stuff to contribute but we are going strong with it. Also we are hoping to get to see CA2 next week and want to see it before we get to the post CA2 episode.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#266 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, I'm okay with the show, although they did some kind of dumb stuff to get the story moving during the visit to Tahiti.

Having next to no repercussions to Coulson's team for murdering Shield agents is dumb.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#267 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

THEORY: The Doctor (Ron Glass) is so sickened by what he has done that he turns to a life of solitude and prayer. SHIELD turns evil (which as I understand is what CAP2 is about) and ends up taking over the world, killing the Superheroes along the way, and renaming themselves. By this time, the bringing back to life tech is a lot more advanced so people live longer, which leads to the earth becoming over-populated and humans repopulating space. The Central Governments (what used to be SHIELD) forms an alliance and sets about civilising the found planets. A Civil War breaks out and in the aftermath a man who was once a high ranking Doctor, now a priest (or Shepherd if you will), joins up with a rag tag bunch of loveable rogues on a battered spaceship. Shenanigans ensue.

And thus, the Whedonverse comes together again.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#268 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Yeah, I was still reeling from Tuesday night's insanely good ep to comment. I agree it's the best ep they've done so far, and is going to be a real turning point.

Also, revelations!

And having watched CAP 2 before this ep helped me immensely, and it makes a latter scene work well.

Well played Marvel. Well played.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#269 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Yeah, we had this stacking up on the DVR. We watched the first 2 eps as they aired and were just not impressed. So we set about watching other stuff. Finally, we decided to binge-watch up to the latest ep. It's gotten way better and I like how they've tied S1 into Cap 2 and even Thor 2.

And yeah, seems pretty obvious that
Spoiler

I could wish they had started off the series stronger but they do tie it all together nicely, so well played indeed, Marvel. Here's hoping you can keep it up in season 2.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#270 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Just watched CA2! It was a very good film, immensely enjoyable and it showed a clear character progression for him from the first to second film (via Avengers obviously) We are still a few eps behind I think so I don't think we will be on the post-Cap ep yet. The last one we watched was the one where they are trying to save Skye, and they go back to "Tahiti" and Coulson tried to stop them putting that stuff into Skye but it was too late and now everyone is like "what the dickens was that about??" So yeah, that's where we are at though I think we have an episode waiting on DVR.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#271 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Ooh yeah who the dickens is Lorelei? She seems Asgardian...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#272 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Tiste Brent Not Abyss Weeks Simeon, on 16 April 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

Ooh yeah who the dickens is Lorelei? She seems Asgardian...

OK sorry for the triple post and ignore this one. I have now watched the episode with Lorelei and Sith (or whatever her name is) The only question I have left is this: Is May a baddie??

This show is so cool, I'm glad we stuck with it.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#273 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

The tie in with CA2 was a lot more polished and well executed then the shit show earlier int he season that was the tie in with Thor2, which I knew would be the case. *slow clap* Well played.

#274 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

I'm thinking at this point that Ward is going to turn out to be the bad guy for the remainder. Unless they're willing to keep paying the salary for Bill Paxton.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#275 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, maybe. I initially assumed
Spoiler

Which could still be true, except
Spoiler

OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#276 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:50 AM

I am so hoping that Ward is not a dubbel agent now.
it would be so different for him to really be "evul" that i am hoping for it
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#277 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

and it whould feel so cheap if he was a dubbel agent.(thrippel)

This post has been edited by Sheve: 18 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#278 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

It's really hard to tell. Part of me thinks he's playing Paxton too...but whomever mentioned it above he did ice two SHIELD Fridge guards and unless Hand put them there and it was an act, I don't see that as something he can come back from easily

I also kind of want him to be bad at this point...but only because of how badly that will mess up Coulson and the team. It will make for great chemistry with him as villain.

But I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd also be alright with him being a double agent.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 18 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#279 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

I should stop reading this thread... ^_^
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#280 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

I'm up to date and don't follow your ramblings.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

41 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users