• You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#341 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

View Postamphibian, on 27 May 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

I still can't get over Coulson and May ziplining from a drop ceiling. Those of you that have done even a little carpentry should be with me on frowning at the ridiculousness.

Yeah, I caught that. Don't even need carpentry; anyone who has ever seen a misplaced ceiling tile should have horse-laughed at that.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#342 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

I caught that aswell. I kinda think that something like that, while a minor thing, is just sloppy on the show's part.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#343 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

So... They finally showed the finale! I thought it was a good way to end the series and has given us plenty to lead on into S2. So glad that Garret is actually dead - that scene where he was apparently coming back to life or whatever I was groaning because TV shows always do that. Then when he got rannalled by Coulson we all roared with laughter.

Gonna go read back through this thread to see what other theories abound.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#344 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

View Postamphibian, on 27 May 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

I still can't get over Coulson and May ziplining from a drop ceiling. Those of you that have done even a little carpentry should be with me on frowning at the ridiculousness.

i was much to engrossed to even notice that.. Well alternatively i don't think they could've stolen a fire truck so there's gotta be some way to escape quickly.

#345 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

View PostBalrogLord, on 31 May 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

i was much to engrossed to even notice that.. Well alternatively i don't think they could've stolen a fire truck so there's gotta be some way to escape quickly.

Move the ceiling tiles (easily done by jumping and pulling/pushing), then Howling Commando 2.0 shooting the nearly magical harpoon gun into the actual ceiling?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#346 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:29 AM

View Postamphibian, on 01 June 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

View PostBalrogLord, on 31 May 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Move the ceiling tiles (easily done by jumping and pulling/pushing), then Howling Commando 2.0 shooting the nearly magical harpoon gun into the actual ceiling?

oh you the actual ceiling would hold it? can't one make the argument the harpoon made it through the tiles and into the ceiling?

#347 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostBalrogLord, on 02 June 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

oh you the actual ceiling would hold it? can't one make the argument the harpoon made it through the tiles and into the ceiling?

The harpoon thing very clearly goes about 1/4" into the ceiling tile. It's like someone threw a dart at it. Man, they could have had the dart go "into" the concrete wall outside the window or something. But nah, they intentionally went with the drop ceiling - purely because it's the cheapest way they could film the dart going into something.

Anyways, this one bonehead shot is not killing my enjoyment of the show, especially not one that makes "large file transfer" jokes as smoothly as they did.

#348 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

I really enjoyed the second half of the season, and the finale was great fun. Bill Paxton's final scene was hilarious in a vintage-Whedon kind of way :wallbash:

#349 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostSerenity, on 02 June 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

I really enjoyed the second half of the season, and the finale was great fun. Bill Paxton's final scene was hilarious in a vintage-Whedon kind of way :wallbash:

That scene was good, yes, except for one teeny weeny little detail. Garret had murdered, or incapacitated, someone (can't remember what and who that person was) and Coulson was like "Hey guys, I found the weird gizmo, I knew it was in here" and then just walks out leaving the guy lying there. I know this scene was supposed to be funny and entertaining. But then don't put any other people, alive or dead, into it and make the protagonist break character and just not "care" about that innocent guy lying there dead/dying.

#350 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

He didn't kill anyone, but there was a body on the ground:
Posted Image
Presumably, it was there from the earlier fight and they just hadn't removed it yet. Still, strange.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 02 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

#351 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

I think the only thing that bugged me about the last episode was the one line from Mae that was along the lines of (but may have been something slightly different)
Coulson: "You ready to save the world? "
Mae: "No. I'm ready to kick some ass."

Made me cringe!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#352 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

Bloody hell, didn't realise it was that soon!

If you'd told me half way through season 1 that I'd be really excited for season 2, I'd have laughed. Fair play to them for turning it around like that.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#353 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

I'm glad because I saw the end of SHIELD before I saw Cap 2 and it kinda spoiled it for me. I get that it is less exciting but logistically speaking I can't synchronise 2 forms of entertainment.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#354 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostBriar King, on 29 August 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

I wonder who the big bad will be this time? It kinda sucks that we won't have any movie tie ins this season though. We got lucky with S1 having Thor 2 & Cap 2.

Maybe they could tie it in to GotG? :rolleyes:
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#355 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Ward will be one of the main bads and with the whole Hydra situation, I would hope that they show some Baron Von Strucker, leading it up to Avengers 2!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#356 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

I agree that Ward might very well be the big bad for the next season, and I'm okay with that as long as there isn't going to be any kind of redemption arc. Because that will just suck donkeyass!

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping that they'll just lock him up in a jail sail and we'll never see him again. That'd be kinda awesome for the simple reason that some loose ends are never resolved.

#357 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 31 August 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

I agree that Ward might very well be the big bad for the next season, and I'm okay with that as long as there isn't going to be any kind of redemption arc. Because that will just suck donkeyass!

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping that they'll just lock him up in a jail sail and we'll never see him again. That'd be kinda awesome for the simple reason that some loose ends are never resolved.

I agree on both counts. The character just doesn't have the heft to be a main villain. (Of course I was having trouble seeing past Robin Sherbotsky to see much in the Maria Hill character. But now I have no problem with her as a secret agent.)
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#358 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

You guys... Redemption is one of Joss & Jed Whedon's FAVOURITE things ever to do in TV...so I think you can put safe money on Ward getting redemption. If that wasn't the case, then there would have been no need for his back story to consist of him getting brainwashed by Paxton. He could have just capitulated to be evil and get into Hydra. He was coerced into Hydra...no better situation for someone to be redeemed.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#359 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 September 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

You guys... Redemption is one of Joss & Jed Whedon's FAVOURITE things ever to do in TV...so I think you can put safe money on Ward getting redemption. If that wasn't the case, then there would have been no need for his back story to consist of him getting brainwashed by Paxton. He could have just capitulated to be evil and get into Hydra. He was coerced into Hydra...no better situation for someone to be redeemed.

my first thought was "yeah, but loyalty is very high on their list of qualities required in characters and Ward killed Fitz." But Fitz isn't dead (yet). Ward coming in with a way to save Fitz? Possible I guess. But it would have to be done damn carefully imo.

#360 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Does someone who killed twenty plus agents in the takeover of the weapons depot/prison deserve to be redeemed?

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

44 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users