• You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#321 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 May 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

AGENTS OF SHIELD officially renewed for a second season!

Dang, you beat me to it!

Marvel's Agent Carter has also been picked up for a series and is supposed to complement Agents of SHIELD. If what I've read is correct, Agent Carter will air during Agents of SHIELD's mid-season break.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#322 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

So, has Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finally become a spy show? I've been hearing good things about the last 6 or so episodes but I'm still pretty steamed that the decided not to use any existing SHIELD agents from the comics and the lack of good spy-on-spy action or the lack of paranoia, or a labyrinthine plot, or conflicting ethics and morals, or basically anything that makes a good spy show good. So since the people of this board usually don't lie to me is the show worth getting back into and should I watch all episodes or should I just jump to the good part?

This post has been edited by Studlock: 11 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

#323 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

Ahh watched the episode with Amy Acker in it, she is ace! Glad Skype knows about Ward now too... Not sure where this is headed but I'm liking it!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#324 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostStudlock, on 11 May 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

So, has Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finally become a spy show? I've been hearing good things about the last 6 or so episodes but I'm still pretty steamed that the decided not to use any existing SHIELD agents from the comics and the lack of good spy-on-spy action or the lack of paranoia, or a labyrinthine plot, or conflicting ethics and morals, or basically anything that makes a good spy show good. So since the people of this board usually don't lie to me is the show worth getting back into and should I watch all episodes or should I just jump to the good part?

You could get away with only watching the last 6 or 7 episodes, but a lot of stuff that they discuss in those episodes is set up in the beginning of the season, so if you want the full picture, I'd watch the whole thing.

And yes, the Spy show is finally a SPY show.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#325 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 May 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

View PostStudlock, on 11 May 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

And yes, the Spy show is finally a SPY show.

Indeed. Any remnants of the line being straddled between Spy and Superhero show are now blurred much more in favour of Spy show.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#326 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

Excellent, despite the show runners obnoxious attempts to explain why people where disappointed with the show (that it's not a Marvel Movie every episode) I was mostly disappointed with both the lack of identity with the show and the under-utilization of Marvel characters (the Marvel Universe lends itself very well to both the spy genre and the weird crime genre...two things I expected much more than a superhero show) but from what I hear there is more crossover characters and now it's got an identity! I think I suffer through from when I left off. I don't want to miss any of the plot details.

#327 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:59 AM

Two minutes until my 'dvr' finishes 'recording' it.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#328 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:03 AM

Well. Both somewhat underwhelming and extremely good.

I'll leave discussion until others have seen it. But am I wrong in thinking that that one particular scene was a shout out to Harold Ramis??
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#329 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

That was pretty stellar all the way through for me.

Some great stuff in there. Ties up a lot of loose ends, and sets the stage for the second season.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#330 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

I loved the finale. Fights involving power tools are always good. And the last scene with Garrett, well...that was genius.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#331 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostGnaw, on 14 May 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

More the former then the latter imo. #sadface

I'll leave discussion until others have seen it. But am I wrong in thinking that that one particular scene was a shout out to Harold Ramis??

Spoiler

- - - -
Is Skye the Dark Phoenix? Oh snap, my bad, that's a different comics' universe. Posted Image

#332 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostMcLovin, on 14 May 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

And the last scene with Garrett, well...that was genius.

Totally. At first I was like...what ARE they doing...?...and then Coulson nails it and I think to myself "Right! Joss, Jed and Maurissa like to throw us off for stuff like that." Awesome!

#333 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 14 May 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

More the former then the latter imo. #sadface

Spoiler

- - - -
Is Skye the Dark Phoenix? Oh snap, my bad, that's a different comics' universe. Posted Image

Yeah, that Garret endign was pure ghostbuster shout out IMO. The SFX itself that is.

#334 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

This finale was easily the cherry on the top of the sundae of those who stuck with it. Watched it again and it's just as good the second time round.

#335 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:27 AM

A random thought out of nowhere. Anyone want to wager whether Cobie Smaulders joints the cast next year?

#336 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:57 AM

Just watched the entire show after stopping for a while, and I'm pretty sure I know what Skye is:
Spoiler

#337 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 16 May 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

Just watched the entire show after stopping for a while, and I'm pretty sure I know what Skye is:
Spoiler

This is exactly my thoughts as well...now we just need to figure out SPECIFICALLY who here parents are within that community/team.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

#338 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Just watched the episode where they all realise Ward is Hydra and Robyn from HIMYM helps Coulsdon and the team. Very tense stuff and only 2 from the end!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#339 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Watched what must be the penultimate episode! Can't believe Ward dropped Fitzsimmons in the ocean! Finale should be pretty epic...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#340 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:18 AM

I still can't get over Coulson and May ziplining from a drop ceiling. Those of you that have done even a little carpentry should be with me on frowning at the ridiculousness.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

32 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users