Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 16 October 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 16 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Their constant dismissal of
Spoiler
rather has me hoping for a
Spoiler
cameo.

But otherwise, this episode was not a step up from the earlier ones. They have seriously got to pick up their game!

I watched the first two episodes on the night they were aired. The most current episode I watched two days later, so my interest has dropped. I don't know if it is the weak acting or shitty lines or both of those combined. It's like watching the Power Rangers, I have no connection to the show whatsoever.

As to your comment about the cameo, is that even possible. Will those worlds ever combine?

I doubt it, but them talking about it kinda makes me think of Chekov's Gun in that they've mentioned it, so now they kinda have to have an episode with that theme. But yeah, I doubt that cameo I talked about would ever happen.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#82 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 16 October 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 16 October 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 16 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Their constant dismissal of
Spoiler
rather has me hoping for a
Spoiler
cameo.

But otherwise, this episode was not a step up from the earlier ones. They have seriously got to pick up their game!

I watched the first two episodes on the night they were aired. The most current episode I watched two days later, so my interest has dropped. I don't know if it is the weak acting or shitty lines or both of those combined. It's like watching the Power Rangers, I have no connection to the show whatsoever.

As to your comment about the cameo, is that even possible. Will those worlds ever combine?

I doubt it, but them talking about it kinda makes me think of Chekov's Gun in that they've mentioned it, so now they kinda have to have an episode with that theme. But yeah, I doubt that cameo I talked about would ever happen.

Have any episodes been rumored to star Iron Man or Hulk or one of the lesser "heroes"? I cannot see this keeping my attention otherwise.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#83 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

I have no idea, I don't usually follow news about the shows I watch. But one can always hope. The Sam Jackson cameo was pretty good.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#84 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Okay so this past episode was about 1000 times better than the previous 3 eps. The adaptation of the ALIAS-format, "spy show" seems like a MUCH better fit for SHIELD than "superhero show".

Without focusing on the "super" aspect, we get character-driven secret organization show. And I like that scads better than the initial few eps.

There is still the strange fact that even their water bottles have poly-shrink wrap labels with the shield logo on them (odd for a secret organization)...but it's not that big a deal. I get they are trying to brand the show, so I'm forgiving of that. They also seem to still be telegraphic a FEW story beats. They need to trust us as an audience to get things without the need to have them served up to us in a "remember when so-and-so said THIS....well that's important NOW"

Otherwise this past ep has sold me to stay in with this show for another few eps to see if it continues to even out and improve.

I'm glad to be able to say that, as I was worried I'd have to drop it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#85 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

^ good to know, will most likely be catching up tomorrow.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#86 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Scorching episode tonight.

Posted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by Jakovasaurus: 23 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

#87 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Okay, so this past weeks' ep (the one with the Scorch fire guy and such)...was just as good as last weeks.

And in two episodes, Whedon made me sign on for the season. Those two last eps were simply excellent TV.

Spoiler

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#88 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

This show is supposed to have a tie in with the Captain America movie ("Captain America: The Winter Soldier") coming out in the Spring.

#89 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostBriar King, on 27 October 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Really? I figured they would do something for Thor over CA.

It sounds like CAP 2 is mostly about how disenchanted Cap himself gets with SHIELD as an organization (above Nick Fury's head)...the 5 shadowy figures they showed in the AVENGERS...seemingly lead by Robert Redford? But yeah, in that vein, with Cap 2 as political thriller, it makes sense that would be the film that ties into AGENTS OF SHIELD. My guess is repercussions for those worki9ng within an organization with alternate (and likely uncouth) agenda's.

There is the possibility here to tie all the films in with a TV show running at the same time...connecting film and TV directly on a level like this is a bit unprecedented.

We live in a great time for media like this.

#90 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 October 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

Okay, so this past weeks' ep (the one with the Scorch fire guy and such)...was just as good as last weeks.

And in two episodes, Whedon made me sign on for the season. Those two last eps were simply excellent TV.

Spoiler

They are much better than the first 3 eps.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#91 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

View PostBriar King, on 28 October 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

I think that was Powers Boothe QT. You mean the guys Fury was talking to onscreen that ordered the nuke or something else?

Redford is a high-up SHIELD executive in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER...trailer below. I assume he's one of the Shadowy figures who was talking to Fury in AVENGERS.

#92 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

The second film will be better because it doesn't have to introduce him. I enjoyed the first one once he finally got in to super hero mode.

Actually, similar with Thor although I did enjoy it at the cinema. I watched it again last night and just wanted him to get his frigging hammer and start hitting things. That happens very late on.

And yeah, last two eps of SHIELD have been a big improvement.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#93 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I enjoyed this latest episode. I hope it gets better though.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#94 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostBriar King, on 28 October 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

Well fuck me from that trailer alone that looks better then the 1st movie together...

You dont ask for a lot

#95 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Seems Skye genuinely wants to be in the team now: She got very defensive of them with hacker boy. I think the finale will involve her making a big choice with big consequences!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#96 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

I agree. And I was actually pleasantly surprised that she wasn't doing anything mole-like at any rate. She was just a cautious participant who wasn't sure she was willing to throw all-in with the organization that

Spoiler

They could have had her as a straight up mole, and chose the more interesting route of having her want to be on the team, but at the same time distrusting what the corporation seems to stand for a lot fo the time.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 28 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

#97 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

The latest episode had me bored to tears! I thought Eye-spy was a bit of a step up but this last episode was a leap off a cliff down.Also what is with american shows and going on Hiatus. Shield needed to build a following! taking a two week break after only 5 epsiodes seems a very bad idea.

#98 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostCause, on 31 October 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

The latest episode had me bored to tears! I thought Eye-spy was a bit of a step up but this last episode was a leap off a cliff down.Also what is with american shows and going on Hiatus. Shield needed to build a following! taking a two week break after only 5 epsiodes seems a very bad idea.

1 week break...and this has happened on North American TV since the 80's. In October they pause for a week or two to bring out great eps during November Sweeps...and the same happens in April, so they can have May Sweeps.

#99 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

What an infectious episode tonight. Posted Image

Posted Image

Ohhhh Noooooes. Please taze me bro!

Skye and her SO are totally gonna get naked and horizontal together.

The nerdy science chick could totally pass for Keira Knightley's sister.

#100 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

So I ran through the episodes until whatever aired this week (I had a Hindu ceremony thing going on at same time).

It's Buffy smushed together with some NCIS spy stuff and leavened with a sense of "we're not the superheroes, but we can still do stuff". That's alright, but it takes a while for the writing to gel sufficiently to produce a good group dynamic. The writing also needs to get a bit smarter about the little things - why stab Scorch with something that'll make him explode instead of shooting him in the head and taking the time to study Centipede's lab? If removing the lab from the equation is the key, have Raina stab Scorch and then depart on the elevator or Scorch power himself up far, far too much.

They did hit the casting absolutely right with Coulson and Skye. The rest are okay and Ming Na is hampered by the directors not being sure how to show action in a cool way or bring out her motivations in a way that isn't cheesy. All she does is one strike/camera cut/strike/cut/kneel down or badly pretend to be a hardass. Give her some real angry lines instead of the silent crap. Her talk with Coulson about Skye was better than anything else she had and it's because Na does well with words - not just looking mean.

I strongly suspect that Coulson will depart at the end of the season and leave the team to do what they will - he's superfluous beyond showing them the ropes.

I also hate the sound effect "standard" that gives us the tire screech of cars coming to a halt from a speed akin to pulling into one's driveway. If your car screeches at that braking speed, your car needs to see a mechanic quickly. God, I hate that. I hate the "shhing" of a sword or knife being pulled out.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users