• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#1981 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:19 PM

View Postrant, on 04 July 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

But you're right. The criticism I was citing RE: TLJ was in response to alot of my fan friends complaining essentially #notmyLuke . Because they wanted to see the Luke they knew from ROTJ/EU: superpowered Goku version Luke, failure not acceptable. Or they complained that noone said " I've got a bad feeling about this". I'll be honest: the decision to take Luke in that direction is my favorite thing about TLJ (plus the entire duel on Crait).

I'm only going to snip this but out to respond to, more for clarification than anything else...and because I thought your rebuttal post was lucid, well-thought out, and gave me lots to chew over, most of which I think I accept.

I'm spoilering it so those who are sick of me bleating on can ignore it. :D

Spoiler

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1982 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 July 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

I still think he might be physically alive.

I have a SMALL hope that is the case too...but I wonder if JJ/Disney might feel that was too much of a slap in the face to RJ? Not that RJ didn't slap JJ in the face already, but I could see this being a politics thing.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1983 User is offline   rant 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:25 AM

If Chewie isn't in charge of ep 9 I quit

#1984 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:09 PM

I forgot to bring this up the other day. I finished battlefront 2 the other day. Plot is horrendous. Still it does seem to try to indicate that palpatine had a hand in creating the new seed of empire. Whether he had direction for it or just wanted a new empire entirely I cant say. Still if he wanted a new empire to emerge he must have wanted new sith?

The knights of ren thing still bothers me, because they are not quite sith. They seem more Star wars mmorpg we need more lightsabre badasses in the world thing than anything else.

#1985 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

Keri Russel cast in IX.

Can't fault it. She's a great actor, and JJ has worked with her on the big and small screen before.

#1986 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:19 AM

First to bring this news to the forum, so nana nana boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

Billy Dee Williams will be back as Lando Calrissian. 'Star Wars': Billy Dee Williams Reprising Role as Lando Calrissian

That's a win for me, cause I aint much of a Star Wars fan, and so am not constantly refreshing bookmarked Fart Warts fan pages, like some of you nerds.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 10 July 2018 - 02:23 AM

#1987 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 July 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

First to bring this news to the forum, so nana nana boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

Billy Dee Williams will be back as Lando Calrissian. 'Star Wars': Billy Dee Williams Reprising Role as Lando Calrissian

That's a win for me, cause I aint much of a Star Wars fan, and so am not constantly refreshing bookmarked Fart Warts fan pages, like some of you nerds.

They'll be bringing him back to kill him off, like they planned to do with Leia (1 of the original stars getting offed every movie)
meh. Link was dead :(

#1988 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 10 July 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 July 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

They'll be bringing him back to kill him off, like they planned to do with Leia (1 of the original stars getting offed every movie)

Yep. It's to shut up the Fart Warts fanboy assholes who are always hating on anything new and keep up the cry baby mantra - WTH! why don't they put Carrie Fisher in the new movies? Or Mark Hamill? He should be in the new movies too or Harrison Ford, he's got to be in the new movies, right? What about Billy Dee Williams, he should get a chance to be in the new movies too. So, they bring these washed up actors in (the majority of which are only known for Fart Warts, and to be honest probably don't even want to be there), and give them their time in the spot light and then (yes!) kill them off. At that point the creative minds can then see their vision of the Fart Warts universe flower and grow the direction they want it to.

#1989 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:29 PM

Can't argue with this. But then Jeremy usually is a level headed guy about this stuff and I love his videos.

#1990 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:04 PM

Y'all!!!

#1991 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

Attached File  TCWHaHa.jpg (144.05K)
Number of downloads: 0

#1992 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 July 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Can't argue with this. But then Jeremy usually is a level headed guy about this stuff and I love his videos.

Hey QT, I just saw this now and I totally agree with this guy. I felt the same way after TLJ. Both Hux and Kylo come off as immature. Especially Kylo. In fact I think he lost a lot of face when he tried to fight Luke's Force Projection. I mean the Force Master of the First Order can't tell if his enemy is real or not? It just showed up his total lack of training.

#1993 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, he makes a lot of good points in his videos. And he does it in an unobtrusive way.

#1994 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:49 PM

#Clone Wars Saved.

Ohh yes please...
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1995 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

Star Wars: Carrie Fisher and Richard E Grant among Episode IX cast - http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-44988541

'Luke to return...'

This post has been edited by Traveller: 28 July 2018 - 07:48 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1996 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

View PostTraveller, on 28 July 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

'Luke to return...'

Force ghost surely
meh. Link was dead :(

#1997 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 28 July 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

'Luke to return...'

Force ghost surely

I kind of hope JJ middle fingers RJ and just brings him back alive.

But yes, probably force ghost.

#1998 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:13 PM

I wish they hadn't mentioned Luke at all. It's such a blatant and servile kowtowing to the TLJ crybabies.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1999 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:19 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 July 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

'Luke to return...'

Force ghost surely

Dude, you might actually have a serious problem if this is even remotely meant to be anything other than a joke.

Like, take a step back, and consider how juvenile "I hope he tries to ruin the middle film in this trilogy deliberately because I didn't like it" sounds.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#2000 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:16 AM

View PostSilencer, on 29 July 2018 - 04:19 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 July 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

'Luke to return...'

Force ghost surely

Dude, you might actually have a serious problem if this is even remotely meant to be anything other than a joke.

Like, take a step back, and consider how juvenile "I hope he tries to ruin the middle film in this trilogy deliberately because I didn't like it" sounds.

TLJ was already ruined. Some interesting ideas mostly (not all) badly executed.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users