• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:06 AM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 07 January 2021 - 01:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dynamic image forms like that don't work in the forum, needs to be an actual hosted file.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#12282 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:16 AM

I see the pictures Azath posted very clearly. Might want to check your settings, D'rek.

Anyways, one thing I wanted to comment on was George W. Bush stating something along the lines of that we only see the capitol riots in banana republics, not the USA.

Who does he think does the banana republic'ing (he did it as well!) and why does he think that having banana republics doesn't eventually come to us?

So many downstream effects coming together to this violent frothy mess now. Real sad and real mad.

More will happen like this all over the country in smaller scales.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#12283 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:38 AM

I’m hearing now that Pence is talking to the cabinet to enact the 25th?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12284 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:42 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 January 2021 - 02:38 AM, said:

I'm hearing now that Pence is talking to the cabinet to enact the 25th?

Yeah, there was talk that he might have already done it, and he's just assumed power until the House and the Senate vote to confirm that Trump is incapacitated. They're not legally obligated to inform the public; only Congress so they can vote on it. Requires a majority of the Cabinet and a 2/3 vote in both chambers, so it's harder than impeachment where the House vote only requires a simple majority.

PS: I'm actually not entirely sure but I think he has to have a majority of the Cabinet to assume power, and then they have to notice Congress to confirm it. I saw lawtwitter saying that he could assume power via the 25th to take Trump's powers away pronto, and Congress could vote to impeach before they bother confirming the 25th question.

This post has been edited by Terez: 07 January 2021 - 02:45 AM

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#12285 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:46 AM

View Postamphibian, on 07 January 2021 - 02:16 AM, said:

I see the pictures Azath posted very clearly. Might want to check your settings, D'rek.

say whaaaaaat. This is what I see

Spoiler

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#12286 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:56 AM

View PostD, on 07 January 2021 - 02:46 AM, said:

Spoiler

I also see them clearly Drek.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12287 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:57 AM

Yeah, I see it just fine, too, D'rek.

Also: Hey y'all the ADMINS/MODS can't see our images! You know what to do! (*please not this is the discussion board and not the Inn)
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#12288 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:16 AM

I wonder if they should have left him his Twitter. The meltdown that would have ensued might have been enough to push them over the edge and invoke the 25th if they haven’t already.

#12289 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:24 AM

View PostD, on 07 January 2021 - 02:46 AM, said:

Spoiler

Ublock? A friend of mine had problems with it getting more aggressive lately.

View PostCause, on 07 January 2021 - 03:16 AM, said:

I wonder if they should have left him his Twitter. The meltdown that would have ensued might have been enough to push them over the edge and invoke the 25th if they haven't already.

I've seen some people arguing that the Twitter being shut down was a sign that the 25th had already been invoked. It's possible; they have four days. (I went back to Twitter and confirmed everything I said above; the Cabinet invokes it and Congress has 4 days to vote; in the interim Pence would be Acting President; after Congress confirms, he'd be sworn in.)

There it is.

#12290 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:28 AM

If we make it to Jan. 20 I'm going to get so drunk that day. Starting a liver cleanse tomorrow so I will be in professional form.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 07 January 2021 - 05:29 AM

#12291 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:35 AM

Watching some of this session that is going on that will go into the the early morning hours. I totally didn't realize that the new congress was sworn in. That means the QAnon wack-jobs are in there.

#12292 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:42 AM

Lindsey Graham's speech was amazing. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely watch it, purely for entertainment value.

There it is.

#12293 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:53 AM

Why aren't the morons pictured wrecking offices and live streAming in jail already?

#12294 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:55 AM

View PostCause, on 06 January 2021 - 09:14 PM, said:

Always been curious, how seriously do police pursue people in protests like this to lay charges. We have the tech to track them all down. I mean this is no joke

That depends on
1) whether they win or lose
2) who their sponsor was

As someone who spent several months watching the Maydan unfold, this... is a bit of a joke.
These people are dangerous lunatics, but in the long run, they are discrediting their ideas (which is good, because their ideas are to "burn it all down" to "drain the swamp", and that would be really, really bad for everyone- including all those people worldwide who are laughing at this crap. No one wants a civil war in a superpower, because it takes one idiot with a proximity to something bad to burn the world down.

Pleased that Dems seems to have gotten their majority. Now let's see if they can resist the temptation to " not rock the boat" with all this power.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#12295 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:59 AM

View PostMacros, on 07 January 2021 - 06:53 AM, said:

Why aren't the morons pictured wrecking offices and live streAming in jail already?

No one knows and it's going to take a long, stupid investigation to (maybe) find out. I'm not looking forward to Benghazi 2.0, even though I do think an investigation is necessary. The FBI will be responsible for tracking down and arresting the mob, but Congressional hearings will be probably necessary to figure out what the fuck was going on with the Capitol police.

There it is.

#12296 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:05 AM

View PostTerez, on 07 January 2021 - 06:59 AM, said:

View PostMacros, on 07 January 2021 - 06:53 AM, said:

No one knows and it's going to take a long, stupid investigation to (maybe) find out. I'm not looking forward to Benghazi 2.0, even though I do think an investigation is necessary. The FBI will be responsible for tracking down and arresting the mob, but Congressional hearings will be probably necessary to figure out what the fuck was going on with the Capitol police.

Several have been identified.

'Among the most striking images was one of a man with his foot on a desk in Pelosi's office. That man is Richard Barnett of Gravette, Arkansas.

5NEWS spoke with Barnett, and he confirmed he was at the protest today when the photo was taken at the desk in Speaker Pelosi's office. He claims he was just looking for a bathroom inside the Capitol building.

[...] Barnett says he was pushed inside the Capitol when protestors broke through the doors and found Pelosi's office sometime later.

He says he carried a flag into her office, left her a note, and was removed by Capitol Police.

"I threw my feet up on the desk at that point. I realized some a**holes had cut me also and I bled on her envelope, so I picked up the envelope and put it in my pocket, and I put a quarter on the desk cause I'm not a thief," Barnett told 5NEWS.

The note he left said," Nancy, Bigo was here, you B****." Bigo is Barnett's nickname.'

https://www.5newsonl...NF6nTEyleoxo18g

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 January 2021 - 07:06 AM

#12297 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:08 AM

Antifa activists identified a lot of them; no one was trying to hide their identity; everyone clearly believed they were going to get away with it, and they did not even seem to have a plan for what to do once they got inside.

There it is.

#12298 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:49 AM

Apparently Congress staff almost evacuated without the election documents, if they hadn't if taken those then I figure a little fire might have got going on there.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#12299 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:03 AM

I was wondering what Jay Kay from Jamiroquai was doing there. Apparently some twats tried to say he was an Antifa plant who had been seen at previous BLM etc protests.
Well, here's who he is, a hardcore Pro-Trump QAnon fucktard Jake "QAnon Shaman" Angeli:

https://www.news.com...aa0ee50c6e52b10

Who is the horned man who stormed the Capitol?
The horned man dressed in furs and face paint who stormed the Capitol has been revealed as actor and hardcore Trump supporter Jake Angeli.

Candace Sutton

Confronting scenes are taking place in the US where pro-Trump supporters have pushed their way into the Capitol Building.
The standout figure among the protesters who stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday was the shirtless tattooed man wearing a horned furry hat, face paint and carrying a megaphone.

Looking like a cross between Davy Crockett and a Native American, the 32-year-old is a hardcore Trump supporter from Arizona and a familiar face at rallies and protests.

He is Jake Angeli, a sometime actor and voiceover artist who also goes by the name of QAnon Shaman.

QAnon conspiracy theorists believe Donald Trump is in a secret war against elite Satan-worshipping paedophiles in government, business and the media who will one day be arrested and executed.

Angeli and others dressed variously as frontiersmen, bandits, soldiers or just wore MAGA hats when they overwhelmed police and forced their way into the Capitol on Wednesday.

It was a deliberate breach to interrupt Congress while it was in the process of counting state electoral votes to officially confirm President-elect Joe Biden’s election victory.

Some Republicans have erroneously claimed the protesters, and Angeli in particular, are members of the far left group Antifa.

Angeli, a regular protester outside his home state capitol in Phoenix, gave an interview to Arizona Central last year blaming the media for criticising Mr Trump and inflating the dangers of coronavirus.

“I think it’s important that the president of the United States knows … that there’s good patriotic Americans who see things he’s going through,” Angeli told the newspaper.

“And are willing to stand up and say ‘Hey man, I see what you’re going through and I salute you, thank you for doing your job’.”

Angeli said there had been “a lot of hysteria … that was completely unnecessary” about the world-beating number of US coronavirus cases.

Angeli turns up regularly in costume at pro-Trump events, baring his tattoos which include depictions of the president’s Mexico border wall, and sometimes carrying a sign saying “Q Sent Me”.

He has shouted at passers-by “You all know who Q is?” and explained Q “was a government agent who wanted to ‘take the country back’ from paedophiles and globalists.”

On a since deleted performance profile of Angeli on backstage.com, he is described as skilled in singing, screenwriting, public speaking and accents.

Balding and bearded, he was photographed against a backdrop of First Nations objects such as a dreamcatcher, hatchet and a drum.

Angeli’s appearance in his horned hat on Wednesday had people dubbing him Jamiroquai, for the English funk band lead singer Jay Kay whose array of elaborate hats include one of a similar shape.

On one of Angeli’s Facebook pages, he is pictured shaking hands with former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, during a visit by the President’s personal lawyer to Arizona.

Angeli has captioned the image. “Got to shake Rudy’s hand … what an honour it is to be present.

“Hold the line patriots! USA will prevail, we will stop the steal! Cuz as always God wins!”

Hours before the violence at the Capitol in which a pro-Trump supporter was fatally shot, Giuliani encouraged supporters to pursue a “trial by combat”.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 07 January 2021 - 08:03 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#12300 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:49 AM

Biden's win is certified.

I'd like to think that would put an end to the madness, but I dread to think what the monster will do before inauguration if some way of getting rid of him sooner isn't implemented.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users