• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#13421 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 December 2022 - 01:21 PM

Cristian Walker is as much a giant piece of shit as this father is, just different shit. He talks about his father being awful, while he's been kneeling at the altar of the Alt-right and co-signing and sending out their shit since Trump was elected in 2016 and after.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13422 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:06 PM

Sounds like Ted Cruz's daughter tried to unalive herself last night.

She's okay apparently. This is someone who I think has openly and publicly challenged her father on his bullshit and lies...

Imagine being such an unrepentant piece of evil lying shit on the public stage that your own daughter wants to no longer live in this world.

That SHOULD cause him to reflect and change...but it's Ted Cruz, so he won't.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13423 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:26 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 December 2022 - 02:06 PM, said:

She's okay apparently. This is someone who I think has openly and publicly challenged her father on his bullshit and lies...

Imagine being such an unrepentant piece of evil lying shit on the public stage that your own daughter wants to no longer live in this world.

The tree made her do it:

Posted Image

Apparently most evangelicals don't believe suicide sends you to hell. So the logical thing to do is giddy up to heaven pronto... clearly a precocious logician (hopefully her father will be smart enough to come to the same conclusion soon...).

#13424 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 December 2022 - 03:38 PM

It's Ted Cruz. Just watch, he's going to double-down.
.... and his constituents are going to WORSHIP him for it.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#13425 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 December 2022 - 04:33 PM

View PostAbyss, on 07 December 2022 - 03:38 PM, said:

It's Ted Cruz. Just watch, he's going to double-down.
.... and his constituents are going to WORSHIP him for it.

Just found out that she's Bisexual and came out last year....her own father is in the media and voting on bills that actively make her life worse and his whole party thinks she should not exist at all.

I cannot imagine being in that family, and it's not like she can do anything about it at her age. She's stuck with that shitbag father (and mother to be honest) for at least another 4 years.

My gods, the mental health damage to her psyche alone seems immense.

I also recall he blamed the Cancun trip on them in the press...like Ted Cruz is cartoonishly evil.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 07 December 2022 - 04:33 PM

#13426 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 December 2022 - 11:34 PM

Gotta agree with the consensus. I hope she finds healing, and I hope he finds the opposite (you know, politically).
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#13427 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:49 PM

'GOP Primary Off to Hot Start as Trump Releases Online Trading Cards and DeSantis Vows to Put Vaccines in Jail

Two chess masters at the peak of their powers.

[...] Trump returned fire by, ah, announcing that he is selling a "digital trading card collection," i.e., NFTs, at the price of $99 per card. [...] (The initial run is sold out, though the cards can be purchased on resale markets.)

[...] The images depict Trump, variously, as a superhero and cowboy and astronaut and so forth, and also, in one get-up that was not photoshopped with the greatest level of attention to detail, a guy who is at the opera or something:

Posted Image

You can still see the white space around his head!'

2024 presidential campaign: Donald Trump releases online trading cards and Ron DeSantis fearmongers about the CDC

Posted Image

#13428 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 December 2022 - 10:17 PM

View Postamphibian, on 09 November 2022 - 07:04 PM, said:

One of the things that led to the GOP being able to pick up this many seats was the previous governor of NY, Andrew Cuomo, stacking the highest court with very conservative Democrat and one Republican justice. When a state redistricting effort came to their court, they put out something that heavily favored the GOP. The chief justice came up with Cuomo and kinda encouraged a "tradition of the olden days" approach of absolutely screwing with things as per the orders of Cuomo/party boss - which usually was to try and play off the GOP and the Dems with him in the middle holding personal political power to get past the deadlocks. So when he flamed out and it became public that he sexually harassed multiple women in my current workplace (I work in the Capitol), the dynamic went to hell, the Dem Senate got much stronger, pushed through a bunch of good stuff, Hochul picked up what she could and actually was doing a better job than Cuomo, yet the courts decided to listen to him and fuck the Dems over with the gerrymandered map that was "corrected in the interests of avoiding gerrymandering" - the utter cheek of this!

Now apparently the new governor is trying to do the same thing... hopefully her pick won't be approved by the state senate, but I wonder if she's going to refuse to nominate anyone who's not 'conservative'/reactionary....

'Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul got the opportunity to [...] finally end the reign of the conservative majority. Hochul declared that she would seek a nominee who would transform the court into a progressive counterweight to the far-right U.S. Supreme Court.

[...] however, she did the exact opposite [...] If confirmed by the state Senate, he would entrench a reactionary majority that would fight tooth and nail against the priorities of New York progressives. [...]

What’s remarkable about this string of decisions is that it aligns perfectly with SCOTUS’ current conservative agenda. [...]

[...] also potentially disastrous for national Democrats. It was the Court of Appeals’ 4–3 conservative majority[...] that created the statewide redistricting debacle, after the court threw out the maps drawn by the legislature. [...]

[...] returning redistricting responsibility to state lawmakers could conceivably change control of the House in 2024. If LaSalle is confirmed, Democrats can kiss that dream goodbye.'

Kathy Hochul judicial nomination: The governor's choice of Hector LaSalle is bad for Democrats

#13429 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 23 December 2022 - 11:25 PM

I think 11 senators need to vote no for it to not happen. Given the endorsements though, I bet it's much closer to happening than it is not happening. Andrea Stewart Cousins hasn't said anything publicly, so maybe there's a chance LaSalle gets denied.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#13430 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 December 2022 - 08:17 PM

'Far Right Turns on ‘Faker’ & ‘Liar’ Marjorie Taylor Greene

"BURN IN HELL"

Her one-time allies are now targeting her with the same rage they had once reserved for Democrats.

[...] referred to as a “trailer park hoodrat,” for “attacking” Boebert earlier this week after the Colorado congresswoman ignited a public feud with Greene.

“I’ve been aligned with Marjorie and accused of believing a lot of the things that she believes in,” Boebert said [...] “I don’t believe in this, just like I don’t believe in Russian space lasers, Jewish space lasers, and all of this.” [...]

“I see you’ve stopped talking about dildos and butt plugs,” [...]

[...] said that Greene was “actually a threat to national security” and declared that she would “burn in hell” one day.

“Marjorie is NOT America First, but regrettably a faker and a liar who raised millions claiming she would impeach Biden, and now backs a man for Speaker who refuses to impeach Biden,” [...]

[...] suggested the “wholesome Christian mom” image she ran under was a farce, apparently in light of her divorce, calling her a “two-bit whore.” [...]

“All she [Greene] does is bully and try to discredit,” [...]

Fuentes—who now refers to Greene as “Large Marge”—has since encouraged his white nationalist “groyper” followers to heckle Greene at her campaign events.'

Far Right Turns on ‘Faker’ & ‘Liar’ Marjorie Taylor Greene

'Nick Fuentes, [...] white Christian nationalist who dined last month with [...] Trump [...] "We need to go back to burning women alive more" when they're convicted of crimes. He lamented that "everything went all out of control" when women stopped being burned as witches during the medieval period. He said women are now casting spells, molesting children in schools, and falsely accusing men of rape while also raping men.'

Trump’s bigoted dinner guest Nick Fuentes suggested 'burning women alive'

... roasting on an open fire
Fòr the crucifiction of the crowding ire?...

#13431 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 December 2022 - 07:25 PM

Surely this is script for a parody?

#13432 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 26 December 2022 - 07:39 PM

View PostMacros, on 26 December 2022 - 07:25 PM, said:

Surely this is script for a parody?

Sooner or later, the crazies will inevitably turn on each other.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#13433 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 December 2022 - 10:13 PM

'Far-right Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) [...] "[MTG] crossed the Rubicon [...] She's calling us liars and saying we're misleading." [...] In an op-ed [...] last week, Greene wrote that "lying to the base is a red line"'

Far-Right GOPer Unloads on Marjorie Taylor Greene

lol... 'I don't lie, I'm just delusional!'

'Trump Calls Himself "Clairvoyant" in Unhinged Christmas Message

Who saw this coming?

[...] "Brilliant, Clairvoyant, and USA LOVING Donald J. Trump," [...] "LOVE TO ALL!"'

Trump Calls Himself 'Clairvoyant' in Unhinged Christmas Message

The Prophet Donald J. Trump?...

Here's the full 'truth':

'Merry Christmas to EVERYONE, including the Radical Left Marxists that are trying to destroy our Country, the Federal Bureau of Investigation that is illegally coercing & paying Social and LameStream Media to push for a mentally disabled Democrat over the Brilliant, Clairvoyant, and USA LOVING Donald J. Trump, and, of course, The Department of Injustice, which appointed a Special "Prosecutor" who, together with his wife and family, HATES "Trump" more than any other person on earth. LOVE TO ALL!'

@realDonaldTrump's truth | Truth Social

'When you look around America these days, it's hard to feel like there hasn't been some kind of Invasion of the Body Snatchers event. So many people seem not just anxious, but genuinely militant in their desire to bend back the arc of history. So many seem to be willing to work against their own best interests only because it brings other people pain.

[...] What if it's a disease caused by a genuine brain-eating parasite?'

Could 'toxic masculinity' be caused by a contagious brain-eating parasite?

The next major advance in political science?... OTOH---don't give the far right more ideas... 'let's put brain eating parasites in the water supply to create more recruits...'.

Reactionaries continued attacking the US power grid over the Christmas weekend, leaving 14,000 people without power in Washington state on Christmas morning. It seemed extremely horrific until I looked up what the temperature was there---well above freezing... still terrible though.

#13434 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 27 December 2022 - 10:01 AM

Santos told a few fibs in his bio? Pfffftt! That's nothing - Trump's lies were the bestest, the yugest, the bigliest ever! And his Retardlican base still love him!
Once that precedent was set, why should any politician ever do anything BUT tell porky pies ever again?

https://www.news.com...b1545012b0e2901

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 27 December 2022 - 10:02 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#13435 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 December 2022 - 05:46 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 27 December 2022 - 10:01 AM, said:

Santos told a few fibs in his bio? Pfffftt! That's nothing - Trump's lies were the bestest, the yugest, the bigliest ever! And his Retardlican base still love him!
Once that precedent was set, why should any politician ever do anything BUT tell porky pies ever again?

https://www.news.com...b1545012b0e2901

But Trump (and other true pros like Herschel Walker and Kari Whatshername) never admit the lies are lies. That's how they bend reality around them (in the minds that bend over for the boots of those attempting to ascend...).

'MTG Comes to George Santos’ Rescue: He Might Still Be "Sincere"

[...] Greene, apparently swayed by Santos’ flimsy excuse that “we all make mistakes,” wrote that he “is admitting and apologizing for lying about his resume,” while stand-in Fox host Tulsi Gabbard and Democrats “are giving [him] zero grace.” [...] That message might be confusing for some who read Greene’s op-ed [...] last week, where she said “lying to the base is a red line for me.”'

Marjorie Taylor Greene Comes to George Santos’ Rescue: He Might Still Be ‘Sincere’

What was it Walt Whitman said---'Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself; I am large, I contain lizard people (and Jewish space lasers... and other miracles)!'

#13436 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 29 December 2022 - 12:20 AM

The fact that a law doesn’t exist to cover this already is mind boggling.

He lied about his education, religion and work history. It undermines the entire basis of democracy if that is allowed to stand.

Bad enough on a plane when they offer you chicken and fish and you ask for the chicken and they tell you they are actually out. This is giving you the fish and demanding you accept its chicken.

#13437 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 December 2022 - 07:21 AM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#13438 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 31 December 2022 - 12:07 PM

'Trump’s Taxes Are the Best Case Yet for Putting Him in Prison

[...] Perhaps most glaring in the tax returns is that they include 26 Trump businesses—or imaginary businesses—with zero revenue and hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax deductions for expenses.

Unless Trump can produce records showing the expenses are real and meet other standards to be deductible, that’s fraud. That Trump did it 26 times as a candidate and as president is powerful evidence that he qualifies for prosecution by the federal government and New York State for criminal tax fraud.

Watch to see if [...] pursue what looks to me like a slam-dunk prosecution—or continue to enable Trump’s lawless conduct.'

Trump’s Taxes Are the Best Case Yet for Putting Him in Prison

Of course if he doesn't have the documents Trump will try to stall for as long as possible, and hope they won't want to prosecute him while he's running for office....

'[...] in three of the six years between 2015 and 2020, Donald and Melania paid $750 or less in federal income taxes by using this one weird trick: claiming massive business losses, all the time. [...] it seems clear that his strategy of claiming to the world to be the best businessman ever while claiming to the IRS to be hemorrhaging cash from every available executive orifice worked beautifully. [...] Apparently, [IRS] officials believed there might be something fraudulent afoot in Trump’s tax filings but worried it would be too complicated to unravel and that an audit would ultimately damage the “good relationship” they had built with Trump’s lawyers. We wouldn’t want that, now would we?'

Republicans seem to be having a tough week

#13439 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 January 2023 - 01:55 AM

'Brazilian Authorities Will Revive Fraud Case Against George Santos

[...] court case had been suspended because Brazilian law enforcement officials could not find Mr. Santos.

[...] Santos admitted the fraud [...] in August 2009, writing on Orkut, a popular social media website in Brazil[...]

Despite his earlier confessions, Mr. Santos has recently denied any criminal involvement[...] “I am not a criminal here — not here or in Brazil or any jurisdiction in the world.”

[...] A criminal conviction, even for a felony, is not on its own an act that would disqualify a congressional member from holding office. [...]

[...] If found guilty, Mr. Santos could receive up to five years in prison'

Brazilian Authorities Will Revive Fraud Case Against George Santos

'Members of the House are, however, instructed by House Rules not to vote in committee or on the House floor once they have been convicted of a crime for which the punishment may be two or more years’ imprisonment. [...] expulsion from the House [requires] approval of two-thirds of the Members'

Status of a Member of the House Who Has Been Indicted for or Convicted of a Felony

Doubt they'd get 2/3rds so he'd remain in Congress while in Brazilian prison (or wherever he flees to... Russia maybe? his campaign was at least partly funded by Russia...).

Follow the rubles behind George Santos

#13440 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 January 2023 - 02:00 PM

Surprise, surprise, a small cabal of frothing Trumptards are holding the GOP to ransom while choosing a Speaker for the House. Because he's "insufficiantly loyal to Trump". I thought they were supposed to be loyal to their country?

Nahhhhh, we all know they're loyal to their donors.

https://www.news.com...73a14dc6384edd2

------------------

They all need to be hung. By their tiny appendages.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users