• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#13301 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 October 2022 - 12:37 PM

Hey remember when Tucker Carlson and Fox News and the R's tried to paint Nancy Pelosi as having done 'nothing' on Jan 6th to stop it?

Well here is video of her doing everything she can think of to stop the riots, up to and including offering to punching Trump in the face if he came to the Capitol.

Like I know it's not hard to prove Fox News et al full of utter shit, but this really does put Carlson's BS in his place.

Also, fucking Steve Scalise parroted that Nancy "did nothing" after the fact when asked about it....HE'S IN THE FUCKING ROOM WITH HER AS SHE DEFINITELY DOES TRY TO DO THINGS ABOUT IT......The sheer disingenuousness of that motherfucker to have seen her trying to help and later claim she did nothing...

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13302 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 October 2022 - 02:24 PM

I'm sure it was a one-time lapse in judgment.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#13303 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 October 2022 - 08:03 PM

Adam Kinzinger had to be a little extra though, didn't he? Uh dude, your name was just called (like everyone else), a simple "aye" like the rest of your colleagues is sufficient. Although, I guess if you're going to subpoena a former president, and especially one like Trump, that might be the appropriate time to put that extra hot sauce on it.

Probably a long shot, but I wouldn't be totally suprised by a Cheney/Kinzinger ticket in 2024.

#13304 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 October 2022 - 08:04 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 14 October 2022 - 08:03 PM, said:

Adam Kinzinger had to be a little extra though, didn't he? Uh dude, your name was just called (like everyone else), a simple "aye" like the rest of your colleagues is sufficient. Although, I guess if you're going to subpoena a former president, and especially one like Trump, that might be the appropriate time to put that extra hot sauce on it.

Probably a long shot, but I wouldn't be totally suprised by a Cheney/Kinzinger ticket in 2024.

I've not been keeping up, have they subpoena'd Trump?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#13305 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 October 2022 - 08:14 PM

Yes.

#13306 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 October 2022 - 08:15 PM

Hah that should go down well.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#13307 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 October 2022 - 10:37 PM

FAKE NUS

#13308 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 October 2022 - 12:51 AM

Er uh….my fellow Americans…

This post has been edited by Renewed For 2 More Seasons: 15 October 2022 - 12:59 AM

#13309 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 October 2022 - 05:40 AM

^^^^ It's a beta version that will be up and down throughout the weekend as they test it before official launch.

#13310 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 October 2022 - 09:53 PM

I got mine done last night. Took two minutes and was quite nice to get through. I wish the administration just bulls ahead and doesn't pull back certain groups from benefiting. Getting this done as widely as possible is worth a few rich people benefitting.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#13311 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 October 2022 - 10:33 PM

100%

#13312 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 October 2022 - 11:15 PM

Just your average, everyday "mediocre" former president.

#13313 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 October 2022 - 02:30 PM

'While these hopeless lawsuits fly around, the Biden administration is accepting millions of applications for relief, and it will start canceling debt very soon. The time has come for Republicans to stop fantasizing about some 11-dimensional chess move to kill the plan in court and begin contemplating realistic political solutions.

There is one obvious response: Republicans could promise to reimpose all student debt canceled by Biden as soon as they retake the White House. It is typically within the executive branch’s powers to void a previous administration’s unlawful policy; even when millions have come to rely on that policy, the courts may still let the new president kill it. (After Dobbs, it’s not even clear that reliance interests still exist.) Griesbach acknowledged this possibility in his opinion, and it’s curious that GOP lawmakers are not discussing it. Their silence vividly illustrates their party’s strategy of passing off unpopular political decisions to the federal courts to minimize political backlash. If Republicans truly believe Biden’s program is an outrageous and unconscionable assault on the Constitution, they should stop crafting hopeless lawsuits and start warning borrowers that their debt will reappear once their party recaptures the executive branch.'

The first Supreme Court challenge to Biden’s student debt relief is a joke

... seems pretty obvious that that would motivate many people to vote... and (probably) not in the way Republicans would like. (Not unless they promise to replace it with money for their voters at least... I don't think just giving it to their donors and expecting political ads / astroturfing / etc. to carry the day would be enough, but I may be being overly optimistic about the electorate....)

#13314 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2022 - 08:32 PM

Walking liver spot, Steve Bannon, gonna due 4 months in the hoosegow.

#13315 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2022 - 10:23 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 October 2022 - 08:32 PM, said:

Walking liver spot, Steve Bannon, gonna due 4 months in the hoosegow.

Seems a very minor punishment for defying a senate subpoena investigating an insurrection. Harry the stuff to break a man. He should be jailed until he complies.

#13316 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 October 2022 - 01:03 AM

Sad thing is the Kool-Aid drinking MAGAers will only view it as adding to his legend. "Fucking Bannon is a savage man!"

#13317 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 October 2022 - 05:02 PM

'If Republicans take back the House, as they’re very favored to do, the Kevin McCarthy speakership is going to be a pyrotechnic show of dysfunction. Most of it—like the conversion of the Ways and Means Committee room into an art exhibition of Hunter Biden’s sex and drug videos—will be dismissible. But [...] McCarthy confirmed a couple areas where House Republicans are looking to create real problems for the world. First, they are, as ever (when there’s a Democratic president), going to take the debt ceiling hostage [...] Democrats [would] be wise to consider raising it on their own, via reconciliation, in the postelection lame-duck session, rather than watching everything they believe in get taken hostage next year. Second, McCarthy cast doubt on Republicans’ willingness to continue sending military and economic assistance to Ukraine. [...] Can’t they just do something innocuous, like jailing Hillary Clinton?'

Kevin McCarthy outlines his plans for mass dysfunction if Republicans take back the House

#13318 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 October 2022 - 10:11 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 22 October 2022 - 05:02 PM, said:

'If Republicans take back the House, as they’re very favored to do, the Kevin McCarthy speakership is going to be a pyrotechnic show of dysfunction. Most of it—like the conversion of the Ways and Means Committee room into an art exhibition of Hunter Biden’s sex and drug videos—will be dismissible. But [...] McCarthy confirmed a couple areas where House Republicans are looking to create real problems for the world. First, they are, as ever (when there’s a Democratic president), going to take the debt ceiling hostage [...] Democrats [would] be wise to consider raising it on their own, via reconciliation, in the postelection lame-duck session, rather than watching everything they believe in get taken hostage next year. Second, McCarthy cast doubt on Republicans’ willingness to continue sending military and economic assistance to Ukraine. [...] Can’t they just do something innocuous, like jailing Hillary Clinton?'

Kevin McCarthy outlines his plans for mass dysfunction if Republicans take back the House

McConnel isintroducing a 50 billion relief package for UA for 2023, to be voted during the lame duck period specifically to kill this.

NeoCons and their MIC sponsors are not gonna let Trumpers shut down their war profits, at least.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#13319 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 October 2022 - 01:59 PM

'Pro-Trump Tour Flies Off The Rails Over "Demonic Satellites" and "Deep State" McDonald’s

[...] Other speakers included [...] Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano[...]

[...] “What gender is Michelle Obama?” [...] The crowd overwhelmingly yelled back: “Male.” [...]

Right-wing doctor [...] best known for her belief in demon sperm, urged attendees to pray that both satellites and voting machines be destroyed.

[...] “We need to pray and crush… the demonic satellites. We need to send a holy ghost virus into their computers, to destroy them, so they will not function, or until our election is over,” [...]

“We love you all,” said [Donald Trump] who was at times muted by Eric Trump’s phone not being close enough to the microphone.'

Pro-Trump ReAwaken America Tour Flies Off The Rails Over ‘Demonic Satellites’ And ‘Deep State’ McDonalds

... Mais où sont les <<Man-Snakes>> d'antan...?

#13320 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 October 2022 - 08:54 PM

2 days later, Russia changes its aim in Ukraine to "de-Satanize" the country.

Coincidence?
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users