• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Warhammer Books And 40k!

#521 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 10 December 2021 - 01:06 PM

No, it's a sequal to the Space Marine game.

This post has been edited by Garak: 10 December 2021 - 01:07 PM

The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#522 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 December 2021 - 02:36 PM

No, sequel to a ten year old video game that was published by THQ before they went bankrupt.

#523 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 December 2021 - 04:53 PM

Ah

What was the fan made videos series you guys were creaming in your pants over a few years ago?

#524 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 December 2021 - 05:04 PM

Astartes

https://youtu.be/azVeFAETUyM

#525 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 January 2022 - 11:25 PM

So on Necropolis for Gaunts Ghosts, about 60% jn. Enjoying it and you can feel Abnett has settled in with them but

Spoiler

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#526 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 April 2022 - 12:35 PM

Dove properly into James Swallow's SISTERS OF BATTLE Omnibus....fuck me, the Adepta Sororitas are damned cool. I have this Omni, and THE BOOK OF THE MARTYRS (multiple authors), and MARK OF FAITH by Rachel Harrison all in my TBR. Such a cool section of the Imperium to read about!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#527 User is offline   T77 

• High Fist

Posted 14 April 2022 - 01:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 April 2022 - 12:35 PM, said:

Dove properly into James Swallow's SISTERS OF BATTLE Omnibus....fuck me, the Adepta Sororitas are damned cool. I have this Omni, and THE BOOK OF THE MARTYRS (multiple authors), and MARK OF FAITH by Rachel Harrison all in my TBR. Such a cool section of the Imperium to read about!

I'm reading The Sisters of Battle comics on MU. It's very good.

#528 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:00 PM

View PostT77, on 14 April 2022 - 01:19 PM, said:

Cool! I'll have to check out the comics when I catch up on the prose novels.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#529 User is offline   T77 

• High Fist

Posted 15 April 2022 - 01:03 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 April 2022 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostT77, on 14 April 2022 - 01:19 PM, said:

Cool! I'll have to check out the comics when I catch up on the prose novels.

It's still being added to MU. An issue just dropped. I'm not sure how many issues it will be.

#530 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2022 - 02:59 PM

Another WH40K Humble Bundle just went up: https://www.humblebu...k-library-books
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#531 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 22 April 2022 - 07:12 AM

Only took 8 months and reading only “Tona Crid” on pg 72 hundreds of times but I finished Gaunt 12 yesterday after going into high gear.

It rocked.

Bye
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#532 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 23 April 2022 - 04:48 AM

I'm reading the hammer and the eagle short stories right now. Pretty good
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#533 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 May 2022 - 12:09 PM

Finished SISTERS OF BATTLE Omnibus by James Swallow. I should have let my opinion of Swallow's HH book FLIGHT OF THE EISENSTEIN lead me to understand what a mediocre outing this would be.

The two short pieces in the book (RED & BLACK and HEART & SOUL were both decent, but I think it's because they were short)...the prose novels FAITH & FIRE and HAMMER & ANVIL are both weak, predictable, and filled with wooden characters and a healthy dash of Deus Ex-Machina.

Either I've been spoiled by the 40k output of people like Abnett, McNeill, and Dembski-Bowden...or James Swallow is just a really pedestrian writer. I hope the Battle sisters are better served by Rachael Harrison or the three Book of Martyrs authors.

I think I need to dive into some of my un-read Abnett to cleanse my palate.

#534 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 May 2022 - 12:32 PM

So I got a few new 40k books in the last few days. I got the 4th EISENHORN book MAGOS....which probably means a complete re-read of EISENHORN from XENOS onwards to really flow it....and I have the two Bequin novels (PARIAH and PENITENT) in my ToRead pile from Christmas still...SABBAT CRUSADE anthology is still sitting unread, and SABBAT WAR anthology is arriving today....OR do I do a full Gaunt re-read in the prep for the release next month of THE VINCULA INSURGENCY?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 May 2022 - 12:34 PM

#535 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 May 2022 - 12:46 PM

Sabbat Crusade (Worlds?) anthology ... a light palate cleanser before the latest Gaunt.

Don't do a full Gaunt re-read, you'll be burnt out long before you get to the new one. That's a whole lot of cool characters being killed off.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 02 May 2022 - 12:50 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#536 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 May 2022 - 01:01 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 02 May 2022 - 12:46 PM, said:

Sabbat Crusade (Worlds?) anthology ... a light palate cleanser before the latest Gaunt.

Don't do a full Gaunt re-read, you'll be burnt out long before you get to the new one. That's a whole lot of cool characters being killed off.

Truth.

Yeah, that seems like a good plan. SORTED!

I also have Abnett's behemoth brick of a Short Anthology LORD OF THE DARK MILLENNIUM headed to me this June.

#537 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2022 - 12:24 PM

New Gaunt due in a month??

#538 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 May 2022 - 12:57 PM

View PostMacros, on 03 May 2022 - 12:24 PM, said:

New Gaunt due in a month??

THE VINCULA INSURGENCY (Ghost Dossier)

From what I understand, these 'Dossier' books take place at random times during the GG's run, so it's not like they are sequels to ANARCH yet...

But I DID crack open the latest SABBAT Anthology SABBAT WAR (2021) last night and in the introduction Abnett confirms that there is another Arc of full books in the series for the Ghosts coming, and he was itching with them so much that some of the short pieces in that anthology took place in the "now" of after ANARCH.

#539 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2022 - 12:28 PM

The two anthologies both take place after SALVATIONS REACH....and I forget both SALVATIONS REACH and BLOOD PACT, so I just got my copy of THE VICTORY PART 1 omni to replace the two single volume versions I had so I'm gonna re-read those two and then the two anthologies.

And FYI it's the start of WARHAMMER FEST today....the 40k stuff all drops today! 5PM BST, so about 12 EST.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 May 2022 - 12:38 PM

#540 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 04 May 2022 - 01:50 PM

Gaunt 13 ch 17 pg 470 The Victory phy ed Omni
Spoiler

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »