• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Warhammer Books And 40k!

#561 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:52 PM

THE VICTORY PART II Omnibus is finally out (contains WARMASTER and ANARCH), thus completing my Omnibus collection of Gaunt's Ghosts books (though the first 3 don't look like either volume of THE VICTORY). So that's nice on me shelf.

Also grabbed a new one WITCHBRINGER: AN ASTRA MILITARUM novel by Steven B. Fischer on a whim cause it's sounds cool - it's about the Scholastica Psykana; witches/psykers taught to serve the Imperium and one of them going out with her old Regiment (Cadian 900th I think?) on a mission.

I'll let you folks know how it is.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#562 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 December 2022 - 03:35 PM

I bet it's full of heresy.

#563 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 December 2022 - 04:34 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that there will be shooting.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#564 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 December 2022 - 04:35 PM

View PostAptorian, on 07 December 2022 - 03:35 PM, said:

I bet it's full of heresy.

I know this is only the second time that an actually Imperium-Sanctioned Psyker/Witch has shown up in a WH40K book, and it's the first full book about one (the other book is HONOURBOUND by Rachel Harrison which has a Sanctioned Psyker character as a side character).
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#565 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2022 - 08:32 PM

Sounds like that Motherland show.

Hogwarts gets serious.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#566 User is offline   Bapop 

• Lord of the Dining Tray

Posted 07 February 2023 - 08:15 AM

Got hold of The Founding and The Saint and have read up until Straight Silver. Thought I'd go through the old posts, clicked on a spoiler, and managed to get myself a Guns of Tanith spoiler as I was reading it. Posted Image Boy is he kicking us in the feels...

Got the Victory part 1 and 2 for my birthday and will need to get The Lost as an e-book. Happy I finally took the plunge Posted Image
"I will live forever or die trying"

#567 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 February 2023 - 07:03 AM

I love these videos so much

#568 User is offline   Bapop 

Posted 10 February 2023 - 09:24 PM

Finished Sabbat Martyr... The stakes are really taking off and Abnett is really tapping into the same vein as Eriksson when it comes to showing the chaos and confusion of war. So stressful to be the reader, both helpless and forewarned of what the characters don't know yet.

#569 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 March 2023 - 02:33 PM

View PostMacros, on 21 October 2022 - 11:27 AM, said:

Did a load of posts vanish from this thread?

BK's posts are all gone, just our replies to him while he was reading these books.

Did he delete his account? Anyone see him recently?

#570 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 23 March 2023 - 03:06 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 March 2023 - 02:33 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 21 October 2022 - 11:27 AM, said:

Did a load of posts vanish from this thread?

BK's posts are all gone, just our replies to him while he was reading these books.

Did he delete his account? Anyone see him recently?

Not for ages, was wondering where he was. Think last I heard was the tornado situation.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#571 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:35 PM

AFAIK "Cancelled" still exists as a profile, but he hasn't been on since October.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#572 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 March 2023 - 09:47 PM

Anyone friends with him on socials or anything?

#573 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 March 2023 - 04:27 PM

I dunno how we missed this from the Warhammer+ TV site...but this looks pretty dope...

The Adeptas Sororitas, the Ultramarines, the Salamanders, AND the Necrons? Amazing. I dunno how long it will be, but if it's longer than a half hour I'll sub to Warhammer+ long enough to watch for sure!

It's a good thing I've ordered and will read Nate Crowley's two recent Necron-focused books (TWICE DEAD KING: RUIN, and TWICE DEAD KING: REIGN), so I can catch up on the race.

------------------

And talking about TV, what do we all think the Amazon/Henry Cavill show will be? I'm on the fence of it either being Eisenhorn, or the Ghosts...I DO think that you need to establish humans in this universe first...so that down the road when a Space Marine is introduced, everyone is like "Holy fuck, what is THAT?"....but yeah, I'd put money on Eisenhorn as it's a good entry-point without a tonne of special effects needs...but I'd be lying if I didn't want the Ghosts...it's a shame they can't overlap (400 years difference between the two properties)...because I could see Cavill playing someone like Commissar Hark. I can't seem him as Gaunt though. He'd be a superb Gregor Eisenhorn though...

#574 User is online   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 27 March 2023 - 07:51 PM

The two Twice Dead King books are absolutly great. I also recommend the Infinite and the Divine which spans a huge ammount of time and his just hilarious. Trazyn is the best.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#575 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:16 PM

View PostGarak, on 27 March 2023 - 07:51 PM, said:

The two Twice Dead King books are absolutly great. I also recommend the Infinite and the Divine which spans a huge ammount of time and his just hilarious. Trazyn is the best.

ah good to know. I've heard much good about them, which was why I took the chance.

Also, I've spent most of my BL time in either the Heresy, or the Sabbat Worlds Crusade, so it will be nice to see the Indomitus Crusade side of space. This is post-M41 999 when Roboute Gilliman woke up right?

#576 User is online   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:05 PM

I think so yes. The necrons don't really care about the details of the Imperium and this particular dynasty has other things to worry about more. Kinda. Sorta. You'll see.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#577 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:38 PM

Did you see the latest lore drop and the return of...

Spoiler

Made me want to get on with my reading...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#578 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:57 PM

I must catch up with my Heresy, I think I'm over half way through the core novels

#579 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 28 March 2023 - 08:00 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 March 2023 - 04:27 PM, said:

I dunno how we missed this from the Warhammer+ TV site...but this looks pretty dope...

The Adeptas Sororitas, the Ultramarines, the Salamanders, AND the Necrons? Amazing. I dunno how long it will be, but if it's longer than a half hour I'll sub to Warhammer+ long enough to watch for sure!

It's a good thing I've ordered and will read Nate Crowley's two recent Necron-focused books (TWICE DEAD KING: RUIN, and TWICE DEAD KING: REIGN), so I can catch up on the race.

------------------

And talking about TV, what do we all think the Amazon/Henry Cavill show will be? I'm on the fence of it either being Eisenhorn, or the Ghosts...I DO think that you need to establish humans in this universe first...so that down the road when a Space Marine is introduced, everyone is like "Holy fuck, what is THAT?"....but yeah, I'd put money on Eisenhorn as it's a good entry-point without a tonne of special effects needs...but I'd be lying if I didn't want the Ghosts...it's a shame they can't overlap (400 years difference between the two properties)...because I could see Cavill playing someone like Commissar Hark. I can't seem him as Gaunt though. He'd be a superb Gregor Eisenhorn though...

looks fun, the mouth animation to voice acting sync is woeful though in this day and age.

I'm still bummed at how much of a missed opportunity Ultramarines was

#580 User is offline   Bapop 

Posted 18 May 2023 - 08:06 PM

The baby has been surprisingly consistent with his naps so I've been able to really plow through books recently. All caught up with Gaunt's ghosts now. Such a ride and so many feels. Had to get my wife up to speed just so I could vent about all that happens in the Victory-arc.
Ended up reading some of it on the phone and it turned out better than expected. So the next project is trying out the e-books I got through Humble bundle a while back. The start of the Beast Arises is first out :D

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users