• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The metal thread For everything about the worlds heaviest music

#621 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:26 AM

Love the song, still have no idea what's going on in the second half of the video :lol:

#622 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:23 AM

:lol: :lol:

#623 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:41 AM

New IGNEA single, out today Posted Image

#624 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:58 PM

so lovebites is basically japanese dragonforce?

#625 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:32 PM

Inasmuch as they have long, fast dueling guitar solos, yeah, but they're more about the New Wave of British Heavy Metal - especially Maiden (see Golden Destination, somewhere up-thread) - which is probably why I like them so much, as that was my era. Herman Li is a big fan, though, which is why he got them as support for DF's UK tour last year.

#626 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:08 PM

This thread should be renamed The Japanese Schoolgirl Metal Thread
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#627 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:23 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 29 February 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image

#628 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:16 PM

I deplore YouTube "reaction videos". That's a trend that needs to die. I made the mistake of watching, one time, a reaction video of GoT "Hold the Door" episode (so much exaggerated and poorly acted emotion in the video). From that point on I was getting reaction videos dropping on my landing page every time I went to YouTube. I made the mistake of checking out a reaction to Megadeth's "Rust in Peace" (mind-blowingly great album btw, so technical). About a minute in to the video I wanted to shove ice picks in my ears and eyes after watching this guy stop playback and comment, stop playback and comment, stop playback and comment. Don't even get me started on the stupid faces he was making to emphasize how much he was enjoying the album. D-I-E! reaction videos!

#629 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

They seem to have exploded over the last 18 months or so, seems to me since one or two of them reacted to Nightwish's Ghost Love Score, then they seemed to spread like wildfire, although that's obviously YouTube algorithms suggesting things to me based on my viewing/listening habits. They're an immense waste of time (admittedly the one a couple of posts up did make me laugh - I hang my head in shame :lol: ). What I don't get is who is it that goes and pays these people on Patreon and thereby funds their continued activity?

#630 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 29 February 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

:Nep: :smoking:

Yes

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#631 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:50 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 01 March 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

I deplore YouTube "reaction videos". That's a trend that needs to die. I made the mistake of watching, one time, a reaction video of GoT "Hold the Door" episode (so much exaggerated and poorly acted emotion in the video). From that point on I was getting reaction videos dropping on my landing page every time I went to YouTube. I made the mistake of checking out a reaction to Megadeth's "Rust in Peace" (mind-blowingly great album btw, so technical). About a minute in to the video I wanted to shove ice picks in my ears and eyes after watching this guy stop playback and comment, stop playback and comment, stop playback and comment. Don't even get me started on the stupid faces he was making to emphasize how much he was enjoying the album. D-I-E! reaction videos!

Agreed. Reaction videos are a plague upon the internet. One of many plagues, but definitely one I particularly dislike. I wish there was a setting I could check on youtube to not show them in my searches.

On a more positive note, my sister gave me the new Chelsea Wolfe album "Birth Of Violence" on vinyl for my birthday. Gonna blast it when I get home from work today.

Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#632 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:57 PM

As with all YouTube videos and other internet content, some bits are better than other. Some reaction videos are quite good. For instance, I sometimes find it really interesting to hear a certified musician (guitarist, drummer) or singer comment on certain songs, because they spot things that I would never have picked up on. But yeah, reactions just for the sake of reacting are pretty pointless.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#633 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 06 March 2020 - 12:12 PM

I'm officially worried about this album now. Sounds like something out of The Lion King :lol:

#634 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:34 PM

Maybe more appropriate in video games discussion, but it's about the "heavy metal choir" incorporated into the new DOOM game. Kind of a 'self-congratulatory' / 'look what we did and how awesome it is' autofellatio, but one thing the DOOM series does do well is the score/music/soundtrack.

#635 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 07 March 2020 - 05:21 PM

Lovebites - Daughters of the Dawn - Live in Tokyo 2019

I already own the blu-ray but, to make up for them having to cancel shows because of Coronavirus, today they released the full performance on YouTube:

#636 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 March 2020 - 06:34 PM

Listened to METROPOLIS PART II: SCENES FROM A MEMORY for the first time in ages yesterday. As lame as DT have become, that is one astonishing album. Unlike, say, The Astonishing...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#637 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:30 PM

Had to miss the Cult of Luna show on monday cause I was still sick. I'm incredibly bummed about this.

#638 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:11 AM

View PostKanese S, on 02 March 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:

Agreed. Reaction videos are a plague upon the internet. One of many plagues, but definitely one I particularly dislike. I wish there was a setting I could check on youtube to not show them in my searches.

On a more positive note, my sister gave me the new Chelsea Wolfe album "Birth Of Violence" on vinyl for my birthday. Gonna blast it when I get home from work today.

The only 'reaction' videos worth my time are the Marthyn Stefanovic (sic?) drum teacher videos, becau/se his reaction to certain parts is to stop the video of whoever he is analysing, and break down exactly what they are doing, how to play it and it's actually really cool.

Then Samus got wind of it, and did a response to one analysing his stuff. It was pretty funny.

#639 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:23 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 12 March 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

The only 'reaction' videos worth my time are the Marthyn Stefanovic (sic?) drum teacher videos, becau/se his reaction to certain parts is to stop the video of whoever he is analysing, and break down exactly what they are doing, how to play it and it's actually really cool.

Then Samus got wind of it, and did a response to one analysing his stuff. It was pretty funny.

That I can see value in. But I would say that's more a musical analysis video than really a reaction video.

#640 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:45 AM

View PostKanese S, on 12 March 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 12 March 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

That I can see value in. But I would say that's more a musical analysis video than really a reaction video.

A better reaction video is people reacting to Susano'o trying to use Godpress at range. I did one demonstrating how Tager can fraud him out of such a move with grounded command grabs.

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users