Malazan Empire: The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread - Malazan Empire

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread see note in first post for explanation Rate Topic: -----

#21 Guest__*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 25 March 2004 - 01:59 AM

There was some talk earlier in the year about the release of a dragon/eleint family tree. i was wondering if this was actually happenning or people were just rumour mongering. Or is it just being postponed to prevent our prying eyes from spoiling our enojoyment of future books. Posted Image Posted Image.

#22 Guest_Spindle_*

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:24 AM

Mr Erikson,

I have a question regarding the date of Trull's shorning compared to the date given in the Withal prologue of MT.

Trull's shorning, which happened after the events recorded in MT, took place in 1159 BS. While acording to the dates in the prologue the Letherii Seventh Closure is still three years away (in 1159 ABS)?

Does this mean that the year mentioned in the prologue of Withal should be 1156 ABS?

Thanks,
Spindle

#23 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:36 AM

Ooops, forgot to post my question, though it has probably been asked before...

Mr Erikson, will we see more of the Seguleh? I think that out of all the people we have seen so far, they have fascinated me the most. The idea of a community based entirely on being warriors i great - was it based or influenced in any way on the ancient Spartans?
Thanks once again,
Obssessed,
Tiste Simeon.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#24 Guest_Edge_*

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:06 AM

Mr Erikson

Since Feather Witch seems to credit the Errant with the creation of the Holds in her first vision is he the Creator of the Deck by extension?

Thanks
Edge

#25 Guest_Hawah_*

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:58 AM

Hi,
Got a Q for SE, an itch behind my ear actually.
I seem to remember a stalwart champion, a captivating soul, a threat to cotillion. One man, Traveller , will we ever see him again?

#26 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fortyseven:
Anyone know when SE will next answer questions?

He visits as often as his schedule permits, but I believe he was having troubles with his login name last time, so more than likely he'll email his comments to Lady Atheilen or Cadz when he has time.
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#27 Guest_Hawah_*

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:40 PM

Hi guys and gals, new and old....
Been a long time since I was last here, could say I`ve been digging and digestin`.

Well heres one that took me a while to connect, simply cause there were no dots..hehe

SE; I`ve asked a similar question of you before, but now that I`ve followed your trail for the blind- This is what I came to find- When is Drake and Traveller going to battle? Will Vengeance break Dragnipur?!?

This is not something I`ve made up people, cause traveller took Rakes brother`s sword Vengeance wich originally was Rakes, made by him.
And then Feather Witch reads the tile and says something like The knight will have to battle his own vengeance...
Can`t quite remember exactly, but I`ve read all the books over and over even the novellas for clues.

So please SE HELP!!!

#28 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:06 AM

SE did have a rather long Post not too long ago, and it may have answered some questions you had for him...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29 Guest_Mithfânion_*

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:02 AM

This thread hasn't received answers in over a year and a half now. Except for a very brief visit back in August 2004 (in the announcements section it can be found), Erikson hasn't replied anymore. I can see that he might be too busy, or simply finds it way too intrusive, but it's a real shame.

#30 Guest_Arakasi_*

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:54 PM

Yes the timeline seems to be a bit off. I don't understand it either. Mr. Erikson could you explain to use exactly the sequence of dates? We all know that the HoC prologue is supposed to be 1159, not 1139. Then we have the inconsistency with the Letherii Seventh Closure. As well there is in MT the viewing of the two wolves taking the beast throne, unless that was meant to be prophetic? Anyways if you could clear up the dates for us I'd be very happy.

#31 Guest_Adres_*

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:00 AM

Dear mr. Erikson,

I’m a 28 years old guy from Italy who would express his deep and sincere admiration for you and your fantastic series: I think you are one of the few fantasy writers to be considered outstanding in the last thirty years.
I started reading your books ten months ago, when no publishing house in my country seemed interested in translating your works (believe me mr. Erikson, I wrote a lot of e-mail to italian publishers asking for your “Malazan Book Of The Fallen” to be published in Italy!!!). I had much difficulties in reading your books in original version not for your style, that I consider clear and exciting at the same time, but for my poor knowledge of english language (as you can see reading this post!!!). In spite of that, your world, your stories and your characters fascinates me too much to give in!!!
Here are my questions: finally a publishing house, Armenia, has released in late june “Gardens Of The Moon” in italian, unfortunately with a quite bad translation (but I’m happy italian readers can read your masterpieces!!!). Will they publish all your series? And the novellas (I intend the Malazan and non-Malazan ones, too)? And what about an italian version of the Malazan Encyclopedia?

Thank you for your kindness and for your incredible books.

#32 User is offline   fortyseven 

• Fist

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:11 AM

Anyone know when SE will next answer questions?

#33 Guest_Simcha Sabeen_*

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:36 AM

Apologies! I am sorry, my mistakes:
The Thelomen Toblakai ar NOT one of the Founding Races.
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 February 2003 - 02:36 PM

Ah, the perfect tool for punishment.....

#35 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 31 January 2003 - 02:39 PM

hmmmm it's a strange accident with that name, sir Erikson... few more questions...
1. am I just dumb or is there a language problem or are the Jhags a mix of Jaghuts and Tartheno-Toblakai?
2. is there any diffrence between Tartheno-Toblakai and Thelomen-Toblakai?
3. How did Icarium want to free Gothos
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#36 Guest_Jon_Snow_*

Posted 29 January 2003 - 12:13 PM

Hey, nice to see some Canadian content on this board! I spend alot of time in the Gulf Islands and make trips Victoria quite often to get my fantasy books. That is where I discovered Mr. Erikson's Malazan books....

And what great books they are - congratulations Mr. Erikson.

#37 Guest_P Floyd_*

Posted 04 February 2003 - 12:00 PM

SE,

Keep up the good work and hopefully the books will be available in the US so you can really chirn in those profits. You'd get many, many more readers as well.

Good Luck.

------------------
P Floyd
Newly Converted WoT reader

#38 Guest__*

Posted 04 February 2003 - 08:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steven Erikson:
Whoo! Any writer out there who pays no attention to his or her readers should be shot (no, don't take me literally).

Well Mr Erikson that can be considered obvius but I can guarantee that it isn't, so THANK YOU!.
I have only one question:
Will your books published in Italy? ( or in others terms: have same Italian editor contacted you?)
I read your books in english but it's harder than with other authors! ( my english is not too good!)

Bye
Thanks

#39 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 February 2003 - 07:16 AM

Phew, finally. I was wondering how long it was going to take you to stop nitpicking over how many inces long some piece of steal is. It was getting boring. We cant allow this to touch the standard of WOT, no, nooooooooooo
*falls into the oblivion that was summoned at the name of the evil books*

Bow before thy master, the warlord of irregulars.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tde; keimetha tois keinon rhmasi peithomenoi.

#40 Guest_Steve_*

Posted 09 August 2003 - 01:18 AM

Mr, Erikson, I'm reading House of Chains for the second time now and both times I've thought the scene where Synyg throws Phalk out of his house is significant. Will be seeing Karsa's village again? Thanks.

"Even the damned may love." - Roland of Gilead, the last gunslinger.

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users