Malazan Empire: The "Post what ever the hell" you want thread - Malazan Empire

• 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The "Post what ever the hell" you want thread (Within the limits of the Code of Conduct, you perverts)

#1581 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 July 2024 - 12:53 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 18 July 2024 - 12:21 PM, said:

Because what we need right now is parody to remind us all to laugh or else we'll cry.

https://theshovel.co...an-on-rooftops/

"Biden Is Senile, Incompetent Geriatric and Also Orchestrated Sophisticated Assassination Attempt", Trump Supporters Say

Another Trump voter said it was obvious that Biden – who he described as totally incompetent and thoroughly senile – was behind the shooting. "He can hardly walk. I think it's pretty clear he was the one who climbed on the roof and pulled the trigger himself".

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://theshovel.co...e-america-guns/

"If Political Violence Can Happen in America, It Can Happen in Any Country Where 400m Firearms Result in 50,000 Deaths Annually"

OPINION "As we come to terms with the assassination attempt of Donald Trump this week, we need to remind ourselves that this type of political violence could be replicated in any country that has a per-capita gun ratio of 120 firearms per 100 people.

Crowd Goes Wild as Vance Boasts of 'Mamaw's' 19 Guns to Injured Trump

"When Mamaw died shortly before I left for Iraq in 2005, and when we went through her things, we found 19 loaded handguns," the former Marine said, drawing sustained laughter from many observers in the convention hall.

"The thing is, they were stashed all over her house—under her bed, in her closet, in the silverware drawer, and we wondered what was going on," Vance continued. "It occurred to us that towards the end of her life, Mamaw couldn't get around so well, so she was sure that no matter where she was, she was within arm's length of whatever she needed to protect her family. That's who we fight for. That's the American spirit."

Crowd Goes Wild as J.D. Vance Boasts of 'Mamaw's' 19 Guns to Injured Trump at RNC (thedailybeast.com)

Not parody... well, not intentional parody....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 18 July 2024 - 12:54 PM

#1582 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 July 2024 - 03:39 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 17 March 2024 - 05:31 PM, said:

I was confused by English muffins when I went to the US cos we don't have them here!

see also general tao/tso/george chicken, butter chicken, and possibly french fries.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#1583 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 July 2024 - 04:02 PM

View PostAbyss, on 18 July 2024 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 17 March 2024 - 05:31 PM, said:

I was confused by English muffins when I went to the US cos we don't have them here!

see also general tao/tso/george chicken, butter chicken, and possibly french fries.

"Canadian bacon"?...

Peameal bacon and Canadian bacon are two very different things. We really never eat Canadian bacon in Canada except on the original egg McMuffin from McDonald's. Canadian bacon is pretty much just a slice of ham and is ready to eat. Peameal bacon is cured and requires cooking and tastes delicious and sweet.

[...] "Canadian Bacon" is not eaten in Canada. It's an American invention trying to replicate Peameal but it is radically different than anything we would eat here.

Okay so, i am perplexed by something. Is it called Canadian bacon in Canada or something else? : r/AskACanadian (reddit.com)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 18 July 2024 - 04:02 PM

#1584 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 July 2024 - 07:19 PM

Oh, and Hollandaise sauce... is not from Holland. Though I'd guess it can be found at French (etc.) restaurants in the Netherlands. The French are really more to blame for that one.

Come to think of it one of my favorite breakfasts as a child was Canadian bacon on an English muffin with eggs and Hollandaise sauce... aka Le Egg McMuffin. Did it seem like a true international front at the time? Did I think I was being very worldly and cosmopolitan? ... probably not.

#1585 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 August 2024 - 02:35 AM

Cool new Oslo tourism campaign:

‘I wouldn’t come here’: Oslo’s odd tourism ad goes viral
This European city has chosen a strange way to promote itself to the rest of the world and people are loving it.

https://www.news.com...b1f29563e58eb33

I was there back in 2009 on my Eurotrip, and I liked it.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 August 2024 - 02:36 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1586 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 18 September 2024 - 06:42 AM

Anyone know if you can get these flagpole rings but without the rotating bit in the middle (i.e. fixed position)? All the ones I've seen either have the anti-wrap ring or if they're already fixed, they're kind of cheap and look like they'd break fast.

Posted Image
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users