• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Assassin's Creed Series The Assassinest of Assassin threads

#61 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

A word of advice from a nobody whose word probably means nothing to you: you will feel tempted to play Brotherhood when you're done. Don't. There's such a thing as too much of a good thing, and they succeed in making AC2's genius... banal. Save yourself for AC3 and hope they make it genuinely new and interesting.

#62 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

I don't know if I agree with that Poopoo. It depends on what you like about the game. If you at the end of AC2 wanted more gameplay, new locations, new skills, etc. then the game will most definitely appeal to you. If you only want to play Brotherhood for the continuation of the story then you will be disappointed.

#63 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

What about Revelations?
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#64 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

I'm planning on buying Revelations soon, just because I am so psyched about AC3 but I definitely needed a year off AC for my interest in AC revelations to return.

#65 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostAptorius, on 06 March 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

I don't know if I agree with that Poopoo. It depends on what you like about the game. If you at the end of AC2 wanted more gameplay, new locations, new skills, etc. then the game will most definitely appeal to you. If you only want to play Brotherhood for the continuation of the story then you will be disappointed.

Eh, I was mostly in it for the gameplay and the locations, but it basically felt like a stale over-extension of the same and burned me out on the series. I know I'm not alone in that, but I guess it's a subjective thing, so it's probably at least worth trying :p

Also, the developers feel that the series 90% made up of holding a stick and a button in one direction while watching automated cool shit is too complicated:

Immediacy "is a big problem for us on AC3 actually, and the franchise and general," he said, showing a bewildering chart of the mechanics and gameplay loops in Assassin's Creed 2. "It's a hugely complicated game, it has many different features, it's a long game, getting people up to speed as quickly as possible is a big challenge. We know we have a learning curve, we know we need to introduce a lot of new mechanics, so what we looked at was reducing the time to assassinate.

"In AC3, we promise you that within 30 seconds of putting the disc in the tray, you will in fact be assassinating someone. That's a promise."

#66 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostPOOPOO MCBUMFACE, on 09 March 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

"In AC3, we promise you that within 30 seconds of putting the disc in the tray, you will in fact be assassinating someone. That's a promise."

Meaning, you'll be stumbling off a rooftop, falling haphazardly into a pile of guards, drunkenly swing you sword around here and there, throw down a smoke bomb in desperation and knife everyone in the confusion, then run like fuck because you have no idea what the hell just happened.

#67 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

i for one hope they dont take the franchise to asia
why?
i want a new tenchu game instead

#68 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Now I'm interested. I'd like to see how much real control over this you have, or if it's just more push-the-stick-and-watch-it-happen style gameplay, which i strongly suspect. Also, that ship is moving like a speedboat.

Interested, but still dubious.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#69 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Oh Ubisoft, stay predictable.

Posted Image

I'm not even mad I wasn't going to buy it before the summer anyway but It seems that this happens to every big PC title now a days. Probably meant to avoid losing console sales to PC piracy or some bullshit.

#70 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostTraveller, on 22 June 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Now I'm interested. I'd like to see how much real control over this you have, or if it's just more push-the-stick-and-watch-it-happen style gameplay, which i strongly suspect. Also, that ship is moving like a speedboat.

It looks interesting but it also looks like something that is tagged on, much like the assassin den defence mini-game in Revelations.

In terms of concept I would love it if Ubisoft just did a new IP that was about Naval warfare and adventuring in the Carribean. It could be you versus pirates, rival shipping companies, enemy countries and involve naval battles and looking for treasure and adventure on uncharted islands filled with primitives and dinosaurs.

#71 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostAptorius, on 24 June 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 22 June 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

It looks interesting but it also looks like something that is tagged on, much like the assassin den defence mini-game in Revelations.

In terms of concept I would love it if Ubisoft just did a new IP that was about Naval warfare and adventuring in the Carribean. It could be you versus pirates, rival shipping companies, enemy countries and involve naval battles and looking for treasure and adventure on uncharted islands filled with primitives and dinosaurs.

Hell yes. I loved the Sid Meire's 'Pirates' - a new game that looked a bit like that AC Demo (but at a realistic speed), with all the Caribbean to explore, and all the stuff you mentioned, would be just awesome. I don't care about 'main story' arcs or plot necessarily, just the freedom to run your own ship wherever you want, with a ton of missions and quests from all the ports would be plenty enough. Customised pirate ship with picked crew? Handy hideout to equip and repair, and expand with more cash?

The possibilities are endless.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#72 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostAptorius, on 24 June 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Oh Ubisoft, stay predictable.

Posted Image

I'm not even mad I wasn't going to buy it before the summer anyway but It seems that this happens to every big PC title now a days. Probably meant to avoid losing console sales to PC piracy or some bullshit.

not really.

only major UbiSoft/Rockstar titles. And I geuss Rocksteady, too *cough* Arkham City *cough*

of course, the latter worked out great for me, since about 2 weeks after its PC release I picked it up on a Steam Xmass sale for 50% off.

this year has been notoriously bad for game delays though. just about the only release i'm interested in that's yet to be delayed is Dishonored. And given that Beth already announced Prey 2 won't be out till 2013, they'd be utter morons to delay Dishonored, since it's literally gonna be the only shooter-RPG game on the market this year before FC3
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#73 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

I'm sorry to say this but Farcry 3 has been pushed back to December 3rd.

#74 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Anybody playing AC4: Black Flag yet?

I'm really tempted by the pirate aspects, but put off by the recurring AC dross that plague these games, such as eavesdropping missions and constant animus animations that destroy any feeling of immersion.

But it's got pirates...

This post has been edited by Traveller: 31 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

#75 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

They released Assasins Creed 2 for free on the xbox a while back. Is it worth me buying the first one or just seeing if I like the Second one for free? Ive never played them before.

#76 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'm playing the first one now. It's a bit repetitive but I'm finally getting the hang of combat. I die from failed climbing attempts way more than combat these days.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#77 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostNoOneExpectsThetiamishInquisition, on 01 November 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

They released Assasins Creed 2 for free on the xbox a while back. Is it worth me buying the first one or just seeing if I like the Second one for free? Ive never played them before.

No the stories are rather seperate and 2 is a massive evolution from 1. Just wiki the plot to one and then dive straight into 2

#78 User is offline   king in chains 

• the fifth beatle

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

yeah comparing creed 1 to 2 is impossible ,2 completely different games ,unfortunately the second game is the pinnacle of the franchise
1...2 freddys coming for you

#79 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

The second game made and broke the series in my opinion. It was a much better videogame but it sacrificed a great and balanced discussion on right and wrong, power and sacrifice for black and white stories about good guy assassins fighting evil rich fat guys.

It also traded out a difficult but extremely rewarding fighting system for what now equates to counter kill combos that are meant to make you feel invincible instead of competent.

In my opinion the first game was the best one and every subsequent game has diluted the true strengths of the series.

#80 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Ill likely wiki the plot of the first and play the second. If I like it ill start buying them from the first.

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users