• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#301 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:29 AM

holy crap, diamond picks go through stone like it was butter.

That is all.
meh. Link was dead :(

#302 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:34 AM

I need to find diamonds but after hollowing out a fairly large area underground (right on the bottom that is) I can't seem to find any!

This post has been edited by MTS: 26 September 2010 - 02:36 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#303 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

View PostTraveller, on 25 September 2010 - 10:36 PM, said:

Just started laying out a field area for crops, with sheds, irrigation, gravel pathways and a surrounding wall. I can look down into it from my hilltop retreat, and watch things burning in the lava moat. I still don't know how my house is always full of chickens when I get home - they lay eggs all over the place. eminds me of Tehols house.

Animals spawn on grass. If you have just one square of grass in your house or garden animals may spawn in there at random.

It's a great way to have small slaughtering pen inside your base, but if the animals spawn inside your field of crops they're going to trample your plants.

If the game buggers up at some stage, and I lose my saves, I think I'll be quite unhappy.

Always keep a back up of your saves in an extra folder. With the amount of tampering Notch does with the game, the safest bet is to keep a copy.

View PostDefiance, on 25 September 2010 - 11:06 PM, said:

Game is pretty fun so far. Had no clue what the hell I was doing at first, but I eventually figured out how to craft a few things. Then I mined myself deep into a mountain and ended up in some gigantic tunnel network. Had lots of ore and other items, then apparently it went to night outside because I started hearing all sorts of creatures groaning and making creepy sounds. Started mining myself out of the mountain as quick as I could, blocking up the path behind me, only to mine into a cave filled with what appeared to be a horde of zombies. Anyway, next time I'll mine wide areas, plant torches, and make sure I always have a way out, rather than just mining as far into the mountain as I can. I also want to try and build a house in the side of a mountain; going to need a ton of materials, though.

The monsters live under ground. They are active down there whether it is night or day. They spawn in the darkest parts of the caverns or near the monster spawners. When you're exploring under ground make sure to light up all the dark corners with torches or you could have monsters appearing behind you.

View PostMTS, on 26 September 2010 - 02:25 AM, said:

Ok, so after building up my house a bit more (3 storeys now), I decided to work on my shaft a bit more (*insert crude joke here*). Went down maybe two squares and Boom! River of lava came pouring into my 3x3 shaft. Caught fire, had no readily available water, ended up dying and losing all of my materials, as I hadn't yet bothered to put them in a chest. So now I'm starting from scratch. First thing on the agenda: build a chest.

Always carry a bucket of water on my for the same reason. Also it makes it easier to deal with lava.

View PostMTS, on 26 September 2010 - 02:34 AM, said:

I need to find diamonds but after hollowing out a fairly large area underground (right on the bottom that is) I can't seem to find any!

Some people have trouble finding them. Some people are always stumbling upon them. Rule of thumb is, if you're down where the lava and redstone is abundant then there's diamond nearby.

#304 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

View PostAptorian, on 26 September 2010 - 07:42 AM, said:

If the game buggers up at some stage, and I lose my saves, I think I'll be quite unhappy.

Always keep a back up of your saves in an extra folder. With the amount of tampering Notch does with the game, the safest bet is to keep a copy.

I was led to believe that once we move on to Minecraft Beta, we'll lose all of our current saved games anyway.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#305 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

probably. I'd imagine the game will be completely different come beta
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#306 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

Finally, I've hit bedrock, and some gold and redstone there as well, no diamonds though.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#307 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

gah, I've almost considered setting up my mac as a server, but the thing is I don't know anything about anything semi computer related. It would just be a ridiculous amount of annoyance not to mention I doubt the poor mac could handle a world of the kind of size we'd end up with.

Still, it would be a lot more fun sharing the world with other people I think.

#308 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

http://minecraftforu...?f=1013&t=25110

Here's the link again. I think the only real requirement is that you have a stable internet connection on a reliable computer and that it needs to be on all the time due to our time differences...

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#309 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

I managed to dig myself a pit I can't get out of... a shaft 4 blocks deep, with too much bedrock to allow myself to cut a small aside so I can drop a block and climb up. Fuck.

World 2, here I come... it seems.

#310 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

you can jump and place a block just bellow you.

#311 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

also, as far as I can tell the instructions are for windows machines. How does it work on a mac?

#312 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

The only mention of running servers using a Mac OS is here on minecraft.net, though I can't find any specific instructions...yet.

#313 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 26 September 2010 - 01:01 PM, said:

you can jump and place a block just bellow you.

#314 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

Ok, so I hollowed out a rather large room at the center of the earth, set up a station a la the X-System, dug a horizontal tunnel and eventually came across a lava river. Decided to track it and see how far it goes. At last count, I've followed it 43 squares and in the process have found 18 diamonds, as well as a shitload (yes, that's a real measurement) of iron and coal. :)

This post has been edited by MTS: 26 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#315 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

by the way, don't know if this has been mentioned - it's something of a glitch that exists at present - if you've filled up on stuff to carry on your inventory, you can move four items into the crafting section, and then pick up stuff to fill the four places.

#316 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

Man, building my fortress up along the ledges of the dirt mountain I've moved into, stone shortage has become a real problem. Because of the massive cave system I've found earlier, I'm not lacking in any precious resource, but stone is dwindling. So, I decided to make a shaft digging in a downward sloping line for a while. I always keep the passage 3 blocks tall, and I use the half-stone to make a continuous staircase. Having dug about 30 or so blocks in I enter a massive cave. It's a shaft some 20 x 20 with a waterfall running down the centre. I cannot see the ceiling. I cannot see the floor. For some reason it would seem my entire mountain is hollow at the centre with a massive chasm leading all the way down to god knows where.

#317 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:51 PM

The Balrogs lair.

#318 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

:)

A giant, pixelated balrog - that would be awesome!

#319 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

I built a causeway along the walls and it leads all the way to bedrock. Sadly it just sort of ran out after following a short canal at the bottom. I found massive amounts of iron and coal, and a little gold. Still, this is certainly an easier way to start bottom mining than to dig my way all the way down through rock.

#320 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 26 September 2010 - 04:22 PM, said:

I built a causeway along the walls and it leads all the way to bedrock. Sadly it just sort of ran out after following a short canal at the bottom. I found massive amounts of iron and coal, and a little gold. Still, this is certainly an easier way to start bottom mining than to dig my way all the way down through rock.

Jammy git. Guess how I got to the bottom. Not that I'm bitter. Oh no, not at all......

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users