• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#281 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 25 September 2010 - 10:04 AM, said:

Man, I was just killed in the depths of massive cave I found. Somehow one of those exploding things appeared behind me even though I made sure to put up plenty of light as I explored.

Still, no problem I thought. I needed some wood anyways and this saves me walking back up for it. However, when I got back down, all my stuff was gone. My diamond pickax, my diamond sword, the iron ore I had found. The ten blocks of obsidian I had mined. All gone :)

I consider just starting a new game, but I kinda want to wait until we get a server going :)

I just lost a lot of stuff, not that much though! I was digging a channel for my lava moat, and I went through a wall with water on the other side. It flowed in, and knocked me back into the lava. Some of my stuff was on rock shelves when I returned, but not my armour or sword. Had quite a funny moment later on - I was digging a tunnelled staircase up to my lair, and I thought it would be nice to have a view through the waterfall cascading down outside. I removed one block, which was fine, but after a second, the water poured in and turned my stairwell into a river! I managed to patch the hole before I got swept down it though.

Love the video of that guy setting fire to his house. Has anyone tried making traps using collapsable tunnels? I was thinking of roofing a tunnel with timber, and layering gravel over the top, so if I was chased into it I could run through, and light the timber. Which would burn, and presumably then fill the tunnel with an avalanche of gravel onto any pursuers. Maybe.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#282 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

So what exactly would we need to run a server? A computer that's on at all times and strong enough to handle the traffic? Surely someone here must be in possession of one. My mac is on for most of the time, but it's starting to tire unfortunately.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#283 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

I probably have a machine capable of that, but it'd devastate our electricity bill (650W power unit ftw)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#284 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

The idea of portals from existing worlds through into new unexplored worlds is fascinating to me. Access to resources, you could even have a river flow from one into another if you left the portal open. Now where have I heard this idea before...
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#285 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

View PostGothos, on 25 September 2010 - 03:31 PM, said:

I probably have a machine capable of that, but it'd devastate our electricity bill (650W power unit ftw)

How expensive are we talking, I'm assuming Polish power plants are fuelled by potatoes, so how bad can it be?

If it was a reasonable price we could all chip in with some cash to cover what ever the damage is.

#286 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

What if we inadvertantly caused a world-wide shortage of potatoes, due to constant playing of minecraft?!

View PostGothos, on 25 September 2010 - 10:25 AM, said:

Yes, the Leeroy video is staged. But the guy even got into the in-game achievements, so shush :)

What server are you on, by the way? You don't happen to play on Doomhammer at all, do you?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#287 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

Stormrage :]
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#288 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

Did a quick little trip into the game between writing a paper and eating dinner. I found a wall of a red stone that it seems I can make bricks with. Dunno what they're meant for but I figure i'll make a proper fireplace.

#289 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

Arrrh you bastard. You found clay. It is probably even more rare than diamonds.

#290 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

Ah, I found another grouping of those. Seems they're found in areas with sand and sea from what I can tell. I've been trying to find reeds and that led me to them.

#291 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

I'm near the sea yet for the life of me I've not been able to find clay or reeds. A fireplace and some bookshelves would make my house feel very cozy. I could read books and laugh as I watch zombies catching fire out my window.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#292 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

Well, that should be enough for today. I spent some two hours exploring an enormous cave system that lead all the way down to bedrock. In one room I encountered a massive green block that seemed to try to attack me. IT seemed 5x5 in size if not more. I couldn't get past it and had to divert a lava river to take care of the bugger.

#293 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

Ohh you met a slime. Damn it Morgoth. I've been playing for weeks now and I still haven't encountered slimes or clay... :)

#294 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

Huh, I am blessed it would seem :) ..

It's pretty cool that you can meet such massive creatures down in the dark. Hopefully they'll add more giant monsters.

#295 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

Finally gave in to temptation and bought the game.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#296 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

Just started laying out a field area for crops, with sheds, irrigation, gravel pathways and a surrounding wall. I can look down into it from my hilltop retreat, and watch things burning in the lava moat. I still don't know how my house is always full of chickens when I get home - they lay eggs all over the place. eminds me of Tehols house.

If the game buggers up at some stage, and I lose my saves, I think I'll be quite unhappy.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#297 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:06 PM

Game is pretty fun so far. Had no clue what the hell I was doing at first, but I eventually figured out how to craft a few things. Then I mined myself deep into a mountain and ended up in some gigantic tunnel network. Had lots of ore and other items, then apparently it went to night outside because I started hearing all sorts of creatures groaning and making creepy sounds. Started mining myself out of the mountain as quick as I could, blocking up the path behind me, only to mine into a cave filled with what appeared to be a horde of zombies. Anyway, next time I'll mine wide areas, plant torches, and make sure I always have a way out, rather than just mining as far into the mountain as I can. I also want to try and build a house in the side of a mountain; going to need a ton of materials, though.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#298 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

YEs, I have seen a creeper on the surface in the daytime is that normal? Mind is numbed from excavation, one pig on the whole world, got lost 5 times, need a landmark bad...
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#299 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Creepers don't burn in the light. They won't spawn but if you can see one during the night, it won't go away come day time.

My flooring is complete at last. Now I'm building upwards - a relatively low cobblestone wall (minimum of 7 blocks...may go higher - unsure) upon which the rest of the structure will be constructed from glass (which I need to go and get...lots of).
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#300 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:25 AM

Ok, so after building up my house a bit more (3 storeys now), I decided to work on my shaft a bit more (*insert crude joke here*). Went down maybe two squares and Boom! River of lava came pouring into my 3x3 shaft. Caught fire, had no readily available water, ended up dying and losing all of my materials, as I hadn't yet bothered to put them in a chest. So now I'm starting from scratch. First thing on the agenda: build a chest.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users