• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#241 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

I just realized that dying in lava kinda got rid of all my stuff I had on me. Armor, weapons, tools, materials including diamonds - fuck that, I'm not going back to it. Screw it.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#242 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

Yeah. I'm not the kind that ragequits but it has happened more than once since I started playing Minecraft. I hate lava so much.

#243 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

Well, it's kinda like DA:O Awakening with the Silverite Mines bug... last time I played, turned out my main char lost all his gear and there was no way to get it back (you're supposed to get it back when fighting your way out). Same goes for all other items that weren't equipped by party members. By the time I sensed something fishy going on, all Autosaves were already inside as well as Quicksaves... Just not going to do the same shit again, it's redundant.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#244 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

And I've just discovered the wonders of setting the difficulty to peaceful - no angry mobs makes building a LOT easier!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#245 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:33 AM

View PostGreen Pig, on 24 September 2010 - 09:11 AM, said:

And I've just discovered the wonders of setting the difficulty to peaceful - no angry mobs makes building a LOT easier!

That defeats the purpose of the game!

If you want to keep the monsters at bay just litter your grounds with torches. I've done that with my sub pen. Monsters don't get within 50 yards of it.

#246 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

woooo, having dug my way down to the bedrock (not nearly as deep as I thought I would have to dig mind) and I've finally found quite a lot of that red stuff. Two blocks of gold too, but no diamond.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#247 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

Time to start digging horizontally around the lava level, just be careful not to dig into a lava lake. I've found like 8-9 diamond just randomly digging tunnels parallel to my caverns' walls. And yeah I reached adminium too. What a pity.

#248 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

View PostAptorian, on 24 September 2010 - 09:33 AM, said:

View PostGreen Pig, on 24 September 2010 - 09:11 AM, said:

That defeats the purpose of the game!

If you want to keep the monsters at bay just litter your grounds with torches. I've done that with my sub pen. Monsters don't get within 50 yards of it.

Aye but it means that you can go out collecting resources at any time without fear of being raped, you can focus your undivided attention on your building, and then when your building's complete, set it back to a mode with mobs.

Also, the pics and the video you linked of that guys work is amazing! That must have taken him weeks! I think I'm going to attempt something similar, if on a bit of a smaller scale.

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 24 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#249 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

I quite like it when night falls and you have to find somewhere safe, if you're off exploring. And anyway, it's good to kill a few creepers and spiders for their resources!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#250 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I'm a fan of night falling and the mobs coming out, too - even if it causes problems sometimes. At the moment one of my caves' entrances is a vertical shaft with steps down into it, but the problem with that is when I come back to the surface to exit the cave, the rim of the entrance is normally lined with creepers/zombies/spiders and I have to play around with trying to lure them into the pit so I can kill them. I might be constructing a tunnel back to my mountain, soon, to avoid these problems.

My operation of digging around the lava layer of the earth is a great success so far. I've found more redstone than I can think of uses for, and there's a steady stream of iron and coal coming in, too. Diamond is still a bit tricky, but I managed to find enough to get me my third diamond pickax of my world and my first diamond sword. Now I just need to be super paranoid about not burning these diamond items in magma like I did the first two pickaxes. *grumble*

My newest fear are dive-bombing creepers. In the larger caves systems, there are sometimes cave entrances in the darkness near the ceiling of a room. Then when you're least expecting it ... BLAM! a creeper has jumping into you. So terrifying.

#251 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:22 PM

View PostTarcanus, on 24 September 2010 - 12:53 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm a fan of night falling and the mobs coming out, too - even if it causes problems sometimes. At the moment one of my caves' entrances is a vertical shaft with steps down into it, but the problem with that is when I come back to the surface to exit the cave, the rim of the entrance is normally lined with creepers/zombies/spiders and I have to play around with trying to lure them into the pit so I can kill them. I might be constructing a tunnel back to my mountain, soon, to avoid these problems.

Create a two stone high lip around the hole. That way when you come out of the shaft you have the high ground and you can dispatch them Obi Wan style.

#252 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

Finally, it took its time, but my first serious project is done.

I started right by several massive mountains, so I decided to build upwards in one of them, turning it into a tower of sorts. 5 levels later (10 broad, 10 deep, 5 tall) I emerged onto the top of the mountain I had chosen and built a fort of sorts following the same basic dimensions. The centre of each floor I cut into a 3x3 area of glass with the centre block missing in each.

When that was done I dug a 3x3 shaft from the centre of the ground floor straight down until I hit bedrock. Stairs follow the walls leaving the centre space free all the way down. At the bottom I build a basin.

When all that was done I buildt a floating cube of glass as high up as I was allowed. I filed it with lava that now flows downwards through the centre of my entire fortress, all the way down into the bowels of the earth. It looks awesome is what it does.

Screen shots may come later when I have time.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#253 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

View PostAptorian, on 24 September 2010 - 01:22 PM, said:

View PostTarcanus, on 24 September 2010 - 12:53 PM, said:

Create a two stone high lip around the hole. That way when you come out of the shaft you have the high ground and you can dispatch them Obi Wan style.

True, but if there are skeletons, I'll just wind up backpedaling and dropping into the pit myself and taking damage. The most feasible plan, atm, seems to be digging a connecting tunnel.

Nice, Morgoth. Lava ambient lighting!

#254 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

Dork . . . .

#255 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

Ok, I just realised I've been digging a mineshaft for over 2 hours. Haven't hit bottom yet. Wondering if I can...

Attached File  epic mineshaft.jpg (97.8K)
Number of downloads: 0
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#256 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

THat's a bit ridiculous, actually. It only took my maybe 20 minutes to hit bottom, if that - it didn't seem that long. Are you tunneling from the top of a huge mountain? Maybe that explains it.

#257 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

Not that I'm aware of - I'm about 15 squares above sea level, and my tunnel is ~63 squares deep.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#258 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

View PostMTS, on 24 September 2010 - 05:09 PM, said:

Not that I'm aware of - I'm about 15 squares above sea level, and my tunnel is ~63 squares deep.

That's what I'm at, too. Currently 50 bloks deep, starting from possibly 10 up, at most, haven't even seen more than just a few spread out metal blocks.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#259 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

It's easier to get down there digging a staircase, than a shaft, imo.

#260 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

Well, mine's a shaft with a staircase, as you can see.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users