• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#161 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

Mr PigDog and I are currently playing God of War III together. And by together, I mean I am only allowed to do the boring puzzle bits and running around looking for experience points in vases. He has to take over when something big needs killing. Not annoying at all! Posted Image
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#162 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

View PostAptorian, on 17 July 2010 - 09:32 PM, said:

You should probably have waited a little while. I'm sure it can't be long before they release some kind of GOTY package with all the DLC included for the price of the original game.

I'm still happy I got both the Moxx and Knoxx DLC for 75% off during the steam sale.

haha yeah, that was the first thing I considered before and after I bought the game. But I figured at some point xbox live will have a special sale price on the DLC and I'll get it then.

I'm really enjoying the game so far, it is the type of RPG shooter that I love. I should have bought Borderlands a long time ago, but I wasn't sold on the art style, which is actually very well done.

#163 User is offline   Veilside 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

The art style is actually one of the few things that keeps me slightly interested.

#164 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

It's a credit to the game that even with no story whatsoever it is still highly entertaining and engrossing.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#165 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:47 PM

Borderlands is the rare game that brings everything together (music, atmosphere, style, maps, story...etc.) to create an engrossing world you can get lost in. I loved it! Single player is fun and multi player is a blast.

The dlc that has been released has been hit and miss. The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned was meh. Can we be done with zombies in video games already! (just a break from the formulaic would be refreshing). Madd Moxxi's Underdome is alright (if arena battle, fighting through waves of enemies each round is your thing). The best dlc for Borderlands is The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (Bad-ass Shock Troopers piss me off!).

Rock on!Posted Image
Posted Image

#166 User is offline   Veilside 

• High Fist

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

Multiplayer is good? Has it improved from Gamespy and needing to forward ports to work then?

#167 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Me and my friends play online all the time and its soooo much better than playing by yourself.

Dont get me wrong, I still play by myself alot. But get a few more people on there and its just so much more awesome. Plus, all your loot is that much better cause the enemies are harder.

"Its ice cream day! Oh yeah! Ice cream day!"
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#168 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

I've never been able to get into Borderlands (gasp!). Part of it's the art style. I know, I know, it's great and wonderful and charming...yeah, no, not for me. XD I just don't like it. The gameplay is decent, and I like the RPG elements, but without a really developed story I just can't get into it for the sake of level grinding. :(

Red Dead Redemption is much more my thing. Love that game. :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#169 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 18 July 2010 - 11:32 AM, said:

Mr PigDog and I are currently playing God of War III together. And by together, I mean I am only allowed to do the boring puzzle bits and running around looking for experience points in vases. He has to take over when something big needs killing. Not annoying at all! Posted Image

When he makes a grab for the remote take a page from the book of Kratos and get angry. Do you enjoy it? One of my biggest flaws as an adult is I still see the world divided into girls activities and boy activities.

This post has been edited by Cause: 19 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

#170 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

I purchased 'DeathSpank' on the recommendations of some people, and I have to say it is really enjoyable and the humor is great.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#171 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

#172 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

Thats good stuff. Scooters friggin highlarious.

This is my favorite Scooter, from the Knoxx DLC.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PLD8cGi3Wwg

Thats gonn be sweeeeeet!

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 23 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#173 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

triued out limbo, might need to purchase full game its awesome

#174 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on 23 July 2010 - 08:53 PM, said:

triued out limbo, might need to purchase full game its awesome

Very excited about Limbo, plan to buy it soon.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#175 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

View PostObdigore, on 19 July 2010 - 01:04 PM, said:

I purchased 'DeathSpank' on the recommendations of some people, and I have to say it is really enjoyable and the humor is great.

Just started it myself and agree (the humor in the game is awesome). I just delivered 10 vicious chicken lips to witch Heybenstance. Posted Image

#176 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

Going through some old stuff I discovered that my old warcraft 3 with expansion is mac compatible! How the hell did I not think of that before. DotA instead of Law! wooooooooooooooooooooooo
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#177 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

tried Heroes of Newerth? I'm tempted, personally.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#178 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

what's that?

#179 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

It's a whole separate game built around the DotA map. $30 one-time account purchase, works with Windows, OSX and Linux as well. It even has a website!
I haven't tried it yet, and with my timetables it's doubtful I will, but it looks nice enough I guess. I don't know if the DotA community moved over to the new game, but I've seen some buzz about it a while back.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#180 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

I thought the true DotA spin off was the League of Shadows... Is that the same thing? That one's made by the guy who started DotA together with some former Blizzard Employees. Sadly it's not Mac compatible.

It's free too, or at least I have a free invite.

Share this topic:

• 219 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users