• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#121 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

COD meets Bioshock meets Crysis.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPlwArkRRTQ"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CPlwArkRRTQ[/url]

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 30 June 2010 - 09:01 PM

#122 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:01 AM

View PostAptorian, on 30 June 2010 - 07:46 PM, said:

Good news for fans of Team Ico's "Ico" and "Shadow of the Colloseus".

http://www.gameranx....ection-for-ps3/

Awesome, awesome news.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#123 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

Was watching my brother play Katamari Forever today...it looks like someone had an acid trip about rolling around everywhere (and in the process somehow creating the galaxy) and decided to turn it into a game.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#124 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

@Apt - I've heard some bad things about Singularity. A friend is getting it shortly, though, so I'll see what he has to say.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#125 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:17 AM

I was in a thread talking about this video yesterday.

There was some grumbling, but the ones replying that was actually playing it said that it was fun, a completely unapologetic rip off of the genre, but certainly entertaining. Of course none of them had completed it yet, so who knows, it might turn into crap at the half way point.

#126 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

Posted Image

#127 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Yup, sold more than all those consoles...too bad it's a fraction of the price, or else it would be really fkn profitable...

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#128 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

View PostMTS, on 01 July 2010 - 05:07 AM, said:

Was watching my brother play Katamari Forever today...it looks like someone had an acid trip about rolling around everywhere (and in the process somehow creating the galaxy) and decided to turn it into a game.

I love the Katamari games. When my friend showed me Katamari Damacy on the PS2, I was completely skeptical. Even watching him play, I was just like, What? And when I played the first time, again, What? And after that first game, somehow I wanted to play again. And here I am years later still rolling shit up.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#129 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

Posted Image

#130 User is offline   hmqb 

• The Abyssmal Army's Official Cult Expert and Brainwasher
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Apt... why did you post that?
-

#131 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

Because it is awesome? I've never played Mask of Majora but that is an awesome back ground story.

#132 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:21 AM

It's Zelda
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#133 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:29 AM

Yes, yes it is. I thought that was obvious.

#134 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

He was responding to HMQB's question I thought.

'Why did you post it?'
'Umm, cos it's fucking Zelda.'

This post has been edited by MTS: 12 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#135 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

Right. Anyway, I've only ever played A Link to the past, Links Awakening and Ocarina of Time.

I wish I could play these other ones. Damn you Nintendo and your exclusive franchises!

#136 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

I never played any of them and I don't really intend to. Looks kinda gay. I guess nintendo's style ain't mine, as I don't like mario either.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#137 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

What Gothos said. But some of the detail they go to for some cultures and shit within the games makes them tempting. Just not my thing.

Shinrei said:

#138 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

Well, deride the style without having played them if you must, but really, you're missing out.

Curious to know what looks gay about it by the way...

This post has been edited by MTS: 12 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

#139 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

View PostMTS, on 12 July 2010 - 09:00 AM, said:

Curious to know what looks gay about it by the way...

Link.

#140 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

View PostGothos, on 12 July 2010 - 07:58 AM, said:

I never played any of them and I don't really intend to. Looks kinda gay. I guess nintendo's style ain't mine, as I don't like mario either.

You don't like Zelda or Mario? You must be dead inside.

By chance did you never play any mario during your childhood? I think a big part of the love for the old Nintendo franchises is that they are 20+ years old, meaning almost all gamers, young or old, have experienced the characters and their adventures during their childhoods.

Zelda I could perhaps understand, since each game is pretty much the same game only with a different background story.

But Mario? There's been so many iterations. Those games are designed to be platforming fun. Mario has always been on the forefront of that stuff. Substituting realism with simple cartoon characters and brilliant level design.

I am itching to buy a Wii just so that I could try out Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.

EDIT:

On another note, I really, really, really, wish the gaming community would stop using the term "gay" as a derogative. It irks me every time I see it. It enhances the stereotype in the younger generations that homosexuals are "bad" and that homosexuality embodies a host of unwanted characteristics.

Every time I hear some calling people a fag or gay on MW2 I feel like reaching through the internet and stabbing them in the liver.

You don't run around calling people Nigger or Jew in games do you?

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 12 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users