• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Red Dead (Redemption) Series AKA Rockstar's Grand Theft Equine

#41 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:27 AM

mmmhh

between the woman having a new shift overseas and my brother working again i will have more solo time... maybe its time to buy this game

or dust of dreams

or this game...

mmmhhhh
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#42 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:31 AM

THis game is better than DoD. THere, I said it.
Error: Signature not valid

#43 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:46 AM

lol,

well i think i might be sold... i wont even ask permission from the woman if i can buy it...

and I can get it from walmart in the morning... i guess i could go now... but its almost sleepy times... while i believe DOD still would have to come from across the ocean from the brits...

i think canucks might have it in bags or something...

#44 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:52 AM

Fun RDR glitches:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFoMvLmfFEY"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rFoMvLmfFEY[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7q7v4F8r9Og[/url]

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jVVXyKP1FVk

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9lpTuNUTd8I

#45 User is offline   Veilside 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

#46 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

This game is every bit as awesome as this thread led me to think.

Got it yesterday, then spent a few hours getting into it.

Amazing atmosphere, and so many small touches - walking through a barn and kicking the door open, to get dazzled by the bright sun; walking into a tavern, and the noise really hitting you as you enter.

Herding cattle in a thunderstorm, at night, was also totally absorbing. I've done a few small missions, and brought a 'wanted' guy in. The save function is a bit annoying, as I like to be able to save before doing something new, like duelling, but when you save you lose a few hours. Also, I was a bit careless riding out of town, bumped a guy with my horse, and ended up with a bounty on my head and the law chasing me, which seemed a bit harsh.

Love the script and conversations though, the lip sync is great, and the characters are realistic - the game makes Dragon Age look like it was made by 12 yr olds.

Best bit so far? Getting lured into an ambush by a woman in distress; jumping out of my seat when the trap was sprung, but somehow managing to pop all 5 assailants in a mad panic. Then riding the 'bait' down as she was fleeing the scene, shouting.

How do you drag someone, just rope their legs and ride?

I want to go home and play some more.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#47 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

yeah i bought it as well.. pretty fun...

the mission tracking seems a little iffy right now... i found an old woman in the middle of no where who wanted me to find her man... found him sort of... but now i have no clue where the woman is and the mission is not showing up in my journal...

i have saved a lot of prostitutes... didnt realize it was such a dangerous profession...

i think im gonna go play now...

or maybe i should eat... then play

or play then eat...

stupid hunger

#48 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

I found her... the guy was in the cemetary, right? He'd been dead for years - I thought that was the end of the mission; either that or she was a ghost...? That cemetary is creepy (I went looking for Arch Stanton.) When I went back she'd gone.

The mission tracker is a bit wierd - I went out to find a lost kid, found a bloodstain instead, and the mission disapeared from the log. A message in the top left corner said that this wasn't the end, there was more to come later, but if I'd blinked I would have missed it. It wasn't recorded in the journal either.

I'm still at work, bah

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#49 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Traveller,

I assume you are doing 'American Appetites'. That mission has like 4 different people that end up asking you to find someone for them... then a final mission.

If you go back to Armadillo you may or may not see another Question Mark signifying a stranger has a quest for you.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#50 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE DAMN BEAVERS!?!?!?!?!

Protip: Using too powerful of a gun on a beaver can result in it exploding, meaning there is nothing left to skin.

#51 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:19 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 27 May 2010 - 08:44 PM, said:

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE DAMN BEAVERS!?!?!?!?!

Protip: Using too powerful of a gun on a beaver can result in it exploding, meaning there is nothing left to skin.

Great Plains. Near Dawn or Dusk, ride west from Blackwater along the river. You will find a metric ton of beavers.

I just finished the Raccoons today, had to go north of Hennigans Stead around dawn. 4 cougars, 7 boars, 14 wolves, and 5 raccoons. /mutter.

Foxes are also in the grat plains at the abandoned cabin right in the middle, go to the main house, stare out the main door, and you see a rocky ledge with a tree growing out of it. I went there and had tons of foxes.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#52 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

I didn't even think about time of day influencing when I would see beavers. Durrrr. I have them all now at any rate.

#53 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Attacked by five, FIVE cougars within five minutes just trying to cross country, wtf! Chased down two criminals that had escaped the lawman, hogtied them and brought them back. He thanks me then caps them both as I ride off. Caught one guy, lassoed and hogtied him then if you crouch over him and use the knife you slit his throat! The hunting is still great fun, but not as much as bounty hunting. You gotta love this game, though I am sure Marsden is voiced by the guy from My Name is Earl.
Victory is mine!

#54 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

THings pissing me off because I can't do them: The treasure map challenge, and the final sharpshooter challenge.

#55 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

I havent been able to play all weekend... hopefully today ill be able to get some cowboy time in

#56 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

My new challenge is to kill 3 bears. Where do you find bears?? All the bridges are out, so I'm guessing the areas get unlocked as you complete missions?

I finally killed the 2 cougars - while I was waiting, I managed to get a wolf pack, several boars, and numerous other things - still no cougar. I eventually got pounced on, managed to shoot it in the back legs, run it down, and skin it. I got another one the same way, but I then got attacked by another one before I could save, as I was on a hill (!), which killed my horse, hit me once, and started circling. I backed up a bit too far, and started slipping down a steep incline - with the cougar following me. I couldn't get up, I hit the bottom of the slope in a cloud of dust, and couldnt see the cat... spun round, and managed to plug it between the eyes mid-pounce. Then ran like crazy.

I hate getting brought down after I've caught a load of stuff, and losing all the stuff collected... makes it more tense though.

Bring on the bears...

This post has been edited by Traveller: 01 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

#57 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

I did a mission with the marshal and had to check out a farm while hunting bandits...

Well it was my job to check some buildings so and for some reason i went to the barn... well i run my horse towards the barn and jump off and the game glitches when i hope off my horse it phases me through the barn...

and bam i get stuck... it will not let me out of the barn... and im in there with a few dead bodies... i try killing myself by shooting the lamps and having fire drop on me... and then i try to jump off the loft all to no avail... i cannot die....

so i start the game over from the last check point after wasting at least half an hour.... do the mission again... and oh guess what i have to get into the barn it looks like, but by shooting the damn wood off the the door...

btw when i was phased into it there was no body hanging from the ceiling, but when i do it with the mission there was...

#58 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:34 PM

You guys seem to be loving this game byt hunting beaver? Seriously!

#59 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

View PostTraveller, on 01 June 2010 - 11:46 AM, said:

My new challenge is to kill 3 bears. Where do you find bears?? All the bridges are out, so I'm guessing the areas get unlocked as you complete missions?

Bears are across the bridges, mostly around Tall trees.

#60 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

I figured thats why i hadn't seen any bears. Cant get there yet, actually just unlocked Mexico.

It takes me forever to get through games like this cause i try and do every little thing there is.

I wasnt even paying attention the other day and somehow played poker for like 2 hours.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users