• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Red Dead (Redemption) Series AKA Rockstar's Grand Theft Equine

#81 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:08 AM

Woohahaha, nailed it. Last three duels I shot the gun clean out the other guy's hand. Win! :laughing:
Victory is mine!

#82 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

I'm liking the treasure hunting... the maps give just enough away. Once you find the first landmark it's fairly easy; althought the one I've got now could be tricky.. no area names on it or anything.

Cheers for the duel link, I'll have to check that out.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#83 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

THe final sharpshooter challenge is pissing me off.
Error: Signature not valid

#84 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:22 AM

New stuff I've discovered...

- jumping onto horse from balcony.. there's even some gaps in the railings to help.
- sneaking 'backstab' with knife when you creep up behind someone.
- using knife on hogtied victim - Marston leans over and cuts their throat. (This also works on sleeping people)
- In a gunfight, I ran up to someone and used the gun at close range - Marston put the gun (rifle I think) up under his chin and shot him. Different result with different guns I think!
- Boars can go through wooden walls! I ducked into a hut, and one burst through, hit me, and knocked out the opposite wall on his way out.
- You can replay any of your previous missions, at any time. Only just noticed this; in GTA you had to save to replay the best ones later.
- Anyone tried putting stuff on the railroad? Like hogtied people? Wagons?
- If you go hunting with a wagon instead of the horse, you don't get eaten by anything! Safari!
- The further away the birds are when you shoot them, the more feathers you get.
- I managed to roll a wagon. Down a hill. Also, if you crash into a two man cart with a bigger version, the people fly out!

Feel free to add more, there's so much going on in this game.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#85 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

Cool. I have tried to jump onto the horse from the balcony but I can't get it right. Hunting from a wagon...hadn't thought of that one, could have done with that when I was trying to kill two cougars for the level five challenge. As RLY already said, it's only when you actually NEED to find boars / cougars etc for the challenges that you can't!
Hogtied a horse thief and left him on the railtracks (make sure the train is close or you will be waiting a very loooooooong time) and it ran him over with a satisfying cloud of scarlet. Also saw a wolf being hit in this fashion.
Victory is mine!

#86 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

I was just dragging an escaped convict through some cacti, as you do, when I stumbled onto a campsite. Well, I must have stopped my horse a little late... the guy on the rope was actually on the campfire, and he went up like a torch,
yelling and rolling about until he fizzled out. I felt quite bad after that, especially as I didn't lose any honour of anything.

Fortunately his wallet didn't get burned, so it wasn't a total loss.

#87 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

View PostTraveller, on 06 June 2010 - 06:40 PM, said:

I was just dragging an escaped convict through some cacti, as you do, when I stumbled onto a campsite. Well, I must have stopped my horse a little late... the guy on the rope was actually on the campfire, and he went up like a torch,
yelling and rolling about until he fizzled out. I felt quite bad after that, especially as I didn't lose any honour of anything.

Fortunately his wallet didn't get burned, so it wasn't a total loss.

Oh god, I want this game so much. Stupid Rockstar ignoring us PC owners!

By the way, if you put a hogtied woman on the rails and let her get run over by the train you get a special achievement "Dastardly". I linked to the video earlier in this thread. I think around page 2.

#88 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

Apt, do yourself a favor and get a console. The way the current state of gaming is going, you're going to find yourself in this situation a lot. I bet you can get a used ps3 for a reasonable price.

#89 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:18 PM

Oh, I've seen plenty of used/cheap PS3s on the web, I've even been offered a couple of hot ones, but if I'm going to buy a PS3 I want to make sure it doesn't break down on me and I don't want to risk there being some problem with the Playstation Network in case the prior owners was some racist kid or a hacker or something.

The price of a console just seems like a hell of a lot of money to me. It's like 50% of my monthly allowance when I've payed the bills and stocked the fridge. A man needs to buy beer and loose women too...

#90 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

If you're going to go the used route on a console, it'd be best to buy from a gamestop or the like, even if it costs a bit more you can actually take it back if it breaks a week after you buy it. Just don't buy an xbox.

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 06 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

#91 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, I love my xbox, but every time I use it i wonder if this will be the time it craps out on me. I've had it over a year though with no problems. I use my ps3 more just because it's supposedly more durable. I like having both, but if I had to do it over again and only get one of the two, I'd say ps3.

#92 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

Why does everyone think Xbox's break so much? One of the first 10 people to get one in NZ - BEFORE the US launch - and it didn't break on me for three years, because I treated it right, and didn't throw it around or put it in a saw mill's worth of dust. When it finally did break - after surviving two lightning strikes (which were unavoidable, no way of knowing they were coming) and even some idiot friend of mine knocking it over, all three of which while ON - I called up M$, it was out of warranty, but they fixed it for free anyway and gave me a 1 month subscription to Live! as an apology. I used it to play the Reach beta. :laughing:

All the people who's Xbox 360's are breaking...it's their own fault, imo. No way I get a first-gen to go 3 years with no problems despite that accidental abuse when everyone else seems to think they get RROD every 30 seconds.

OT: This game is awesome. :bs:

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#93 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:07 AM

Hey now, I didn't say no xbox because it breaks, I say no xbox because he's already got a pc. Why would anyone need a shitty pc too?

#94 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:21 AM

PS3 is even more of a shitty PC than an Xbox - an Xbox is just a console, while a PS3 has dreams of grandeur.

Tbh, I can't see gaming shifting that far away from the PC market, though. They get the few exclusives each year, but really, look at Crysis? PC only. Dragon Age: would you really buy it on a console? Etc, etc.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#95 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:26 AM

uhm. what? An xbox is PC architecture, PC parts, PC workings with all the useless stuff removed so you can no longer make an excel chart. Playstations are some sort of exotic dark matter driven beasts.

Which makes them hot.

#96 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:32 AM

View PostJusentantaka, on 07 June 2010 - 12:26 AM, said:

uhm. what? An xbox is PC architecture, PC parts, PC workings with all the useless stuff removed so you can no longer make an excel chart. Playstations are some sort of exotic dark matter driven beasts.

Which makes them hot.

See the bold. Hence, they are no longer PC's. Playstations? You can put different OS's on them ffs.

Oh, and PS4 is ditching their custom processor. Just fyi.

Shinrei said:

#97 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:45 PM

Hey, take your format whining someplace else (my Xbox and Pc get along fine thanks) - this is the cowboy thread!

Apt - go get an xbox + this game. You can still use the pc for other stuff.

Someone on the RD website was trying for the dastardly achievement; he hogtied a woman, put her on the tracks, and waited. Just before the train arrives,
a sheriff gallops up, sticks her on his horse and rides off with her. Apparently.

Last night I had a couple of drinks in the saloon in Armadillo, then punched the guy next to me and everyone started randomly punching each other in a big bar fight.

#98 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

I would never buy an X-box. I'd always chose the Playstation over X-box.

Now, no more talk of me buying a console, I have a spine like a jellyfish. I'll just end up caving in and buying the damn thing.

#99 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

Posted Image

Buy the ps3, Apt. You are an incomplete person without this game.

#100 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

View PostTraveller, on 07 June 2010 - 12:45 PM, said:

Hey, take your format whining someplace else (my Xbox and Pc get along fine thanks) - this is the cowboy thread!

Apt - go get an xbox + this game. You can still use the pc for other stuff.

Someone on the RD website was trying for the dastardly achievement; he hogtied a woman, put her on the tracks, and waited. Just before the train arrives,
a sheriff gallops up, sticks her on his horse and rides off with her. Apparently.

Last night I had a couple of drinks in the saloon in Armadillo, then punched the guy next to me and everyone started randomly punching each other in a big bar fight.

Then you gun down the sheriff :D

I haven't gone down the evil outlaw route yet, gonna wait until I am near the end of the game then do a duplicate save for that. Very much looking forwards to riding in to Armadillo, all guns blazing, causing some mayhem, pulling out the bolt-action and taking out the posse that comes after me...or in Escalara and have the Mexican army come get me...oh man...also got me some banks to rob and a train full of passengers to hold up (*not sure if you can do that last one)
Victory is mine!

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users