• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 45

#41 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Fener - HD:

I can't help but feel like Meanas is coding for later in the game. Check this post out.

He says 'finding' twice in the post, which is HELLA suspicious and makes me think he's coding for a finder partner.

Of course, this may be conspiracy shit, but I highly doubt he's a symp because check this shit out:
If you take every capitalized letter you get OABMTTAAIFCBAAO and if you run them through an anagram finder specifically including the word MAFIA you get this set of results.

The ones that strike me the most are:
Mafia A Abbot Coat
Mafia A Abbot Taco
Mafia A A Abbot Cot

If you try the same thing without one of the A's (because it was capitalized as the name of a player, Ano, and every other cap is the first letter of the line), you get basically the same list (without a free-standing 'A').

So another part of me thinks he's the 'Abbot' in the story that presides over the marriage. Since it's not a stretch to imagine an Abbot as a healer, he could be coding for a healer partner (paired with Miracle Max?), although that makes no sense because we all know a healer doesn't reveal.

Anyway, I'm heavily considering we take out Meanas if he isn't lynched today because there is SOMETHING suspicious about him.

Oh god. Glad you are on my team. My head now hurts. The Meanas-Telas rhyming scheme is an obvious attempt to portray themselves as Inigo and Fezik, I think. I'd follow your lead on this, but it might just be innos trying to protect roled.

The Impressive Cleric is the character name, by the way, just FYI.

What's Vig? Is that sort of a town night-kill one offer?

Vig = Vigilante, a Vig usually has one or more night or day kills and is a member of town.
For a good view of possible roles, check: http://mikeburnfire....-Roles-72597749
(note, not every role as put down there is translated 1 on 1 to Malazan Mafia, we have our own quirks here)

Cheers, Tapper
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

I sent a bit of impartial help to Tennes:

Hi,

Since it is your first game, a little bit of friendly help from the mod.
If you have questions regarding mechanics, roles etc. feel free to ask us - we want you to have a good time and Mafia can be overwhelming at times.
For gameplay stuff and tactics, just bug your partner :p We can't help you in that aspect of the game, and it's more fun to learn it by trial and error. A good way to experience the game is by blending in and doing what others do, don't be afraid to make a mistake here or there. When in doubt, ask Stalker :p

For a bit of help with mechanics etc and a good view of possible roles, check: http://mikeburnfire....-Roles-72597749
(note, not every role as put down there is translated 1 on 1 to Malazan Mafia, we have our own quirks here)

Cheers, Tapper (part of your friendly mod team)

I can't help but feel like Meanas is coding for later in the game. Check this post out.

He says 'finding' twice in the post, which is HELLA suspicious and makes me think he's coding for a finder partner.

Of course, this may be conspiracy shit, but I highly doubt he's a symp because check this shit out:
If you take every capitalized letter you get OABMTTAAIFCBAAO and if you run them through an anagram finder specifically including the word MAFIA you get this set of results.

Mafia A Abbot Coat
Mafia A Abbot Taco
Mafia A A Abbot Cot

If you try the same thing without one of the A's (because it was capitalized as the name of a player, Ano, and every other cap is the first letter of the line), you get basically the same list (without a free-standing 'A').

So another part of me thinks he's the 'Abbot' in the story that presides over the marriage. Since it's not a stretch to imagine an Abbot as a healer, he could be coding for a healer partner (paired with Miracle Max?), although that makes no sense because we all know a healer doesn't reveal.

Anyway, I'm heavily considering we take out Meanas if he isn't lynched today because there is SOMETHING suspicious about him.

Oh god. Glad you are on my team. My head now hurts. The Meanas-Telas rhyming scheme is an obvious attempt to portray themselves as Inigo and Fezik, I think. I'd follow your lead on this, but it might just be innos trying to protect roled.

If Meanas AND Telas are buddies, that's a shitty way to get yourselves killed early.

Vig is short for 'vigilante' and is basically a killer role for the town faction, but you almost always only get a limited amount of uses of it (ONE is common). Sometimes, the role can get a 'day vig' and it's the same thing as a night action but you can use it any time, including day. If you do it at day, the person will be killed etc, but the day still continues at its normal pace.

Anyway, I'm down with moving provisionally from D'riss to Meanas because I can't imagine that being our symp with that play. Yes the coding could be a coincidence, but why take the chance?!

Fener, what do you think?

Venge checking his partners. I'm afraid that with PB and HD monopolizing their kill and leaving Venge to his own, the killers will not be as effectively as they could be whn coordinating it together.

Albino. You are Count Rugen's (Serc) assistant and there's a bunch of killing to be done with him and Prince Humperdink (Korlat). Someone needs to do the lifting moving, setting up the bodies to make it look like Guildor and even do the dirty work of killing, and your that kind of Albino.
You may talk to each other at all times, and between the three of you get 2 kills. If however one of you is guarded or dies then you will only get 1 kill.

Oh what a tangled web we weave... or not weave I guess. HD checking in as the Albino. Venge, nice to be working with you again. Peanutbutta... nice to see you can't F me over this game! LOL.

I just woke up like the drunk I am, so I've got some reading to do. I'll go with both provisional for now, maybe have some more to do after reading the thread.

LOL HD and Venge got teamed up AGAIN? How hilarious. And no, this time you aren't getting screwed by me.

This is sweet. Sorry I was off earlier I had a doc appt that I had forgotten about So I had to dash out of work and just run. Then I didn't get any signal so i could keep up on my phone... Getting caught up on the messages.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

More Venge:

Since you're the Prince, do you know anything about the existence of scum other than myself (Rugen) and Fener (the Albino), like maybe Vizzini operating on his own?

We should be eyeballing low-mid posters as kills because killing finders is key. Of course, getting guarded is going to be a HUGE problem once people figure out that one guard = 1 less kill. The first person to get guarded will get lynched if the guard reveals.

D'riss, I do NOT believe him that he doesn't know the movie, way too energetic in his (so tell me about the plot) response.

I want to change the provisional from Anomandaris to D'riss. I like Ruse, I think he's a good choice for the other one.

Noted.

Also can we call them Provisional 1 and 2?

If Humperdink is Guarded you will lose Kill number 1. Otherwise you will lose number 2. It was meant to be in the role PM but got left out.

So to clarify, the Albino and Rugen share kill #2 and if either of us is guarded, we lose #2?

Provisional 1 (Humperdink) - Ruse
Provisional 2 (Rugen/Albino) - D'riss

That is correct. Perhaps if you had a hobby that wasn't all about pain you wouldn't need help killing.

In the movie the Albino helped Rugen, it seemed the logical way to seperate them out. Otherwise you'd have an upstoppable kill.

I wouldn't have had a problem with the unstoppable kill myself... :snigger:

#44 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

And more:

So to clarify, the Albino and Rugen share kill #2 and if either of us is guarded, we lose #2?

Provisional 1 (Humperdink) - Ruse
Provisional 2 (Rugen/Albino) - D'riss

That is correct. Perhaps if you had a hobby that wasn't all about pain you wouldn't need help killing.

In the movie the Albino helped Rugen, it seemed the logical way to seperate them out. Otherwise you'd have an upstoppable kill.

I don't mind, I'm just trying to figure out what is an acceptable set of casualties. If I die, we lose a kill, BUT Humperdink could still get his kill off if the Albino gets guarded. Clearly keeping Humperdink alive is key.

However, since it does seem likely that we have at least one guard around, I would suggest that if for some reason we only get one kill off tonight we should be careful about launching into two kills.

Finally, does anyone else have the sneaking suspicion that Westley could take out Humperdink (or is Bulletproof?), Inigo could take out Rugen, and Fezzik could take out the Albino (he conked him unconscious in the movie). Makes me worry if that's the case.

It is very possible that is the case. I agree with you if one of us is guarded tonight.

Take him down. It'll set a warning shot against those who would try to communicate as Inigo and Fezik by rhyming with each other.

I'm getting corrected by Malaese:

I'd like to submit a complaint that 36 hour days are toooooo long, no sense of immediacy, but then I'm a complainer....

36 is right on time for this amount of players - 24 in Mafia 44 was way too short and led to rushed trains. Especially in higher tmdi, you'll need to get used to 36 hour days, 24 hour nights :p - Tapper

24 hour nights? I like 0 hour nights, but I know for some people they can't monitor their NA's very well so I can see 12 hour nights. Good to vary it though, I think people get too complacent with 12-24 hour nights and stall them too much.

If Meanas AND Telas are buddies, that's a shitty way to get yourselves killed early.

Vig is short for 'vigilante' and is basically a killer role for the town faction, but you almost always only get a limited amount of uses of it (ONE is common). Sometimes, the role can get a 'day vig' and it's the same thing as a night action but you can use it any time, including day. If you do it at day, the person will be killed etc, but the day still continues at its normal pace.

Anyway, I'm down with moving provisionally from D'riss to Meanas because I can't imagine that being our symp with that play. Yes the coding could be a coincidence, but why take the chance?!

Take him down. It'll set a warning shot against those who would try to communicate as Inigo and Fezik by rhyming with each other.

Wow I totally forgot about the whole rhyming business that Fezzik and Inigo had in the movie, too. Been too long!

Path-Shaper, change Provisional 2 from D'riss to Meanas.

Noted. Boy, you people like target-hopping :p
12 is standard, sorry, I was a tad bit too enthusiastic there.

#45 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

Venge, complimenting PB:

Mafia A Abbot Coat
Mafia A Abbot Taco
Mafia A A Abbot Cot

You two need to make sure to have interaction on the thread. Nothing serious but enough so that if one of you get lynched then the other won't immediately be suspect. I will also have some kind of interaction between us. Let our symps worry about themselves. Their job is to keep us alive and for them to stay alive for us as long as possible. When I have been a symp I was inconstant fear that my killer would take me out. Basically we don't take out people who are helping to keep the townies in the dark and are spreading suspicioun on as many people as possible. That is why I kept Shadow alive for the entire game last game. Khell is great at tossing shit with out meaning to...
Peanut you are fucking brilliant. I bow to your manic mind sir. Tomorrow lets start picking targets and argueing both for their lynch and against it. One of us will make a case and then another will argue against it and then the other one will either agree with the case and try to get the train or make a case on someone totally different. Later on that will look like you were trying to defend the person who the case was made on. If they get lynched then you will look inno or if one of us gets lynched then that person will look like their scum partner... I play a killer like a symp. But it works.

#46 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

Malaese:

Princess Buttercup.
Being rescued was only part of it now you have to escape. Westley suggests hiding out as a town person as rumours have got out and they want him hanged!

You and Westley (Ampelas) can talk at all times. Westley will protect you and so between you have a shared BP for one Night. If Westley however is NKed you just couldn't bear it any more and will kill yourself. You are a member of the town.

Who wants to touch my perfect breasts? There's a shortage in the world you know....

Ask Ampelas, they seem the protective sort :p

I'd like to submit a complaint that 36 hour days are toooooo long, no sense of immediacy, but then I'm a complainer....

36 is right on time for this amount of players - 24 in Mafia 44 was way too short and led to rushed trains. Especially in higher tmdi, you'll need to get used to 36 hour days, 24 hour nights :p - Tapper

24 hour nights? I like 0 hour nights, but I know for some people they can't monitor their NA's very well so I can see 12 hour nights. Good to vary it though, I think people get too complacent with 12-24 hour nights and stall them too much.

Okay you can stop chatting me up now, I'm saving my maidenhood for the Albino so it won't work.

Oh, be that way. First flaunting your breasts all over SH and now acting all prim and proper....

Damn, I'm the fucking Lover of HHM and I get rejected... not good for my Casanova Complex :p

#47 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

Change of killer prov:

Mafia A Abbot Coat
Mafia A Abbot Taco
Mafia A A Abbot Cot

Wow I totally forgot about the whole rhyming business that Fezzik and Inigo had in the movie, too. Been too long!

Path-Shaper, change Provisional 2 from D'riss to Meanas.

#48 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

Gamelon:

no night action any night unless i specify (obviously), but learned last go, guard aint worth shit thill the end.

Noted.

just when we made a guard worth shit earlier on as well... hopefully he'll reconsider when there are 2 kills tonight.

#49 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

Game looks like it's going well, although I have very little idea what's going on :p PB is very scary for a noob and with venge playing scum again I think this will be an interesting game. Lets just hope the innos play well too. RI is actually quite fun, I enjoyed last game, just wish I hadnt gotten so hung up on Gem's crazy play. Damn you Tapper :p
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#50 User is offline   alt146 

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

Also, what do you guys think of the manager so far? I'm gonna be asking all the mods this for the next couple of games, but I need feedback from the users to try get it as good as possible. I really want to make it something you guys WANT to use, so any comments/suggestions/criticisms are welcome. I will try put in any features within the realm of my programming ability :p
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

Malaese and me:

Princess Buttercup.
Being rescued was only part of it now you have to escape. Westley suggests hiding out as a town person as rumours have got out and they want him hanged!

You and Westley (Ampelas) can talk at all times. Westley will protect you and so between you have a shared BP for one Night. If Westley however is NKed you just couldn't bear it any more and will kill yourself. You are a member of the town.

Who wants to touch my perfect breasts? There's a shortage in the world you know....

Ask Ampelas, they seem the protective sort :p

Okay you can stop chatting me up now, I'm saving my maidenhood for the Albino so it won't work.

Oh, be that way. First flaunting your breasts all over SH and now acting all prim and proper....

Damn, I'm the fucking Lover of HHM and I get rejected... not good for my Casanova Complex :p

We can still be friends! (by which I mean I have no interest in you, but you can pine over me for as long as I can string you along.)

Sorry, there's a waiting list for that. But say what, you get killed, I'll offer sympathy sex.

Well I die when Gem dies and she's inno, so I'm expecting tomorrow sometime....fuckers

hehe, don't judge Gem by one blow-up... she's a canny player.

#52 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

:p:p:p:p:p:p:killingme:

You told the poor newb to ask stalker when in doubt?

That's almost certain to make him fail :p

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#53 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

La La La.

We shall see what happens...

I predict any team Morg45 is on will lose.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#54 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

View PostGrief, on May 4 2009, 04:10 PM, said:

:p:p:p:p:p

You told the poor newb to ask stalker when in doubt?

That's almost certain to make him fail :p

Gave him a bit of advice as well... Stalker wasn't very helpful in that regard :p

#55 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

View PostObdigore, on May 4 2009, 04:13 PM, said:

La La La.

We shall see what happens...

I predict any team Morg45 is on will lose.

Bitter much still? :p

#56 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

That would have been 3 wins in a row.

And I was cruising to victory too.

BAH. BAH I SAY.

But yea, the setup looks interesting.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#57 User is offline   alt146 

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

View PostObdigore, on May 4 2009, 10:17 PM, said:

That would have been 3 wins in a row.

And I was cruising to victory too.

BAH. BAH I SAY.

But yea, the setup looks interesting.

Hehe, it's cos I was already dead - you always win when it's just me left :p

#58 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

Hahaha, did you like that Pirate ending?

And then I was unstoppable after the change in Heroes.

#59 User is offline   alt146 

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

View PostObdigore, on May 4 2009, 10:31 PM, said:

Hahaha, did you like that Pirate ending?

And then I was unstoppable after the change in Heroes.

Hehe, I normally manage to stick it out till near the end, but you're like my kriptonite or something...

#60 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

Survivability is usually also one of my main traits... unless Morgy spots me, then I'm gone cause he can't read me.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users