• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 45

#21 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

Shinruse:

Am I the only one who awaits opening their role PM like it's Christmas morning?

RI is kinda like socks from grandma...

Oh, watching the inbox of P-S has been quite a lot of fun so far - also, I love what is happening on thread :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#22 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

Gem:

Westley/The Dread Pirate Roberts
Getting into the castle was the easy part, you wish it was to the death now. Still you have Princess Butterup (Tellan) and thats whats important. The Prince is after you now, but you have to protect Buttercup as well. Best to merge in with the population and see him hanged.

You and Buttercup can talk at all times. Also you have a shared BP between you for one Night. If Buttercup is NKed then you will get revenge and get One any time Vig that won't end the day. You know Buttercup is delicate and if you were killed by Humperdink and co then she will give up living and kill herself. You are a member of the town.

Haha, that's so funny! :p I like it!

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

Ok so I am going through and trying to drop subtle hints that I might be on someone elses team. If I get lynched then one of you should go back and say that since I was rythming with Hoods path. I did it right off of his second post. :p

So he is set up. Now I shall go after someone else.

Also I would like to put an early provisional down on to Ruse.

provisional noted, glad to see you're having fun :p

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

Meanas checks in:

You are all poor innocents caught up in the mess, rumour is Prince Humperdink needs some bodies to frame up Guildor for a war he wants to start and yours might be it. Its time to remove that Prince and have the nice old King back in power.
You are town and win when the scum are eliminated.

Roleless again, eh? We'll see about that!

go get 'em :p - Tapper

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

any thoughts, Obdi?

- Tapper

#26 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

Gem and Malaese meet:

Hi honey...I can't help but wonder why you didn't kill the Prince when you had the chance...I know you thought "well there will be a sequel" and we will all get paid and make a career out of it, then that little snot nosed kid went on to do the Wonder Years and it's all about Winnie Copper this... Winnie that. I think I saw Vizzini and Rugen running around too, so you are just an all around failure it seems. Some farm hand turned pirate you are. I suppose you are my true love though and our movie has helped tons of dudes get laid....and I have perfect breasts so I got that going for me.

Malaese

ROFL! :p

Now I feel kinda bad that I don't remember anything from the movie. (pretty sure I have seen it sometime though)

Gem

-promises she will try to get a copy and watch it asap. :p

By the way if you die, I kill myself that night, so try and STAY ALIVE! no pressure at least I'm the one person that can alt guess you this game!

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

Gem:

Westley/The Dread Pirate Roberts
Getting into the castle was the easy part, you wish it was to the death now. Still you have Princess Butterup (Tellan) and thats whats important. The Prince is after you now, but you have to protect Buttercup as well. Best to merge in with the population and see him hanged.

You and Buttercup can talk at all times. Also you have a shared BP between you for one Night. If Buttercup is NKed then you will get revenge and get One any time Vig that won't end the day. You know Buttercup is delicate and if you were killed by Humperdink and co then she will give up living and kill herself. You are a member of the town.

Haha, that's so funny! :p I like it!

goodgood, seems you received a role after all :p

- Tapper

Yeah. :p

Btw, I think the mafia forum is crashing...it's lagggyyyyy. :p

Oh and...
I have to stop myself from not using the pirate smilie...it's sooo tempting...I need to use it....have to use the pirate smilie...noooooooo.....!!!! Gah!

Okay, I'm fine. But darn, I want to use the pirate smilie! :p :p :p

use it in PMs only, then :p

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

More Gem:

Yarr! :p :p :p
I have a feeling I will send some amount of really annoying pm's. :p

yw - I have to delete a huge amount of smilies for SH to accept the pms, though :p

#29 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

View PostKorlat, on May 4 2009, 10:39 AM, said:

View PostMeanas, on May 5 2009, 02:35 AM, said:

I watched the Princess Bride once. It was okay, nothing too special.

Hello Path-shaper I must protest. I was promised that I would be playing with Princess Bride aficionado's and not a bunch of friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless!

PROTEST DO YOU HEAR ME PROTEST

You tell 'em Venge!

- Tapper, has seen TPB ehm, once.

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

Shinruse:

Am I the only one who awaits opening their role PM like it's Christmas morning?

RI is kinda like socks from grandma...

Oh, watching the inbox of P-S has been quite a lot of fun so far - also, I love what is happening on thread :p

- Tapper

Ok, my guesses are that Omtose is Hoosier and Galain is Gem. And Ruse is that handsome devil, Shinrei.

well, the self guess wasn't far off.... no comment on the rest :p

- Tapper

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

Gempelas:

Yarr! :p :p :p
I have a feeling I will send some amount of really annoying pm's. :p

yw - I have to delete a huge amount of smilies for SH to accept the pms, though :p

It can take 3 pirates, surely? :p (<--- maybe I will just end every pm with one pirate)

maximum of 8 per post in SH, sadly.

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

Venge calling the shots:

Ok so I am going through and trying to drop subtle hints that I might be on someone elses team. If I get lynched then one of you should go back and say that since I was rythming with Hoods path. I did it right off of his second post. :p

So he is set up. Now I shall go after someone else.

Also I would like to put an early provisional down on to Ruse.

provisional noted, glad to see you're having fun :p - Tapper

You know me tapper.... I am just sad that I can't RP my character. That would way to big of a giveaway. So instead I am quoting everyone and trying to tie into everyone. Remember last game when after I got lynched they made a list of all of the people who I had contact with... :snigger: I am going to do the same thing here.

Also second provisional on Anomandaris... No reason just cause.

If Ruse is lynched then put the first provisional on to Emu.

Guys these are just early provisionals. In case of a sudden rush to lynch or something.

oki, provs noted.

#33 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

I'll be out for a couple of hours (3, maybe 4) - can then mod for 4 or 3 hours more before I go to bed. - Tapper

#34 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

Wow thats two really good provisionals. Two roled players already.

Some more PM's, Anomandaris new to paired roles I imagine.

Anomangan said:

Okay. Am here and about to catch up on the inevitable spam. I noticed earlier that nights are 0 hours, so clearly provs are important. What happens if Shadow isn't here? And I presume you will want one of us to cc you into all our pms? If so ~ Shadow, do you want me to do it? (You HAVE to know the right answer to that one...you just must!)

Are Shadow and I allowed to tell each other our alts?

Thanks

(PS: Hope to goodness I selected the right person to cc this to. I live in eternal fear that I will send a Mafia pm to the wrong person!)

And now some PeanutButta, happy to be Count Rugen I guess.

Serc said:

Holy cow, am I seriously Count Rugen? I totally thought I was going to be the Albino so not too far off.

Shit, this means that there's probably an Inigo Montoya out there who can insta-kill me if he finds me.

My Prince, I'm happy to serve you however you require.

(This is Peanutbutta aka PB)

Telas45, another one happy to be RI

Telas said:

D'oh! hate RI. Maybe I shall implode and ruin your game.

If I get another RI whinge there's going to be a Modkill...

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

Some more PM's as people check in.

Queen Stalker might be disappointed when Tennes turns out to by the new guy...

Rashan said:

ok, I can work with this. No Inigo, Wesely, Vinizzi, or any of the fun characters but I am paired which means I likely will not be lynched. Hopefully Tennes is awesome, like me. Cause I need a team full of win

Now some Sercbutta, changing the provisionals again. Also I wonder if they will figure out they have 2 symps. 24 players is a lot.

Serc said:

Since you're the Prince, do you know anything about the existence of scum other than myself (Rugen) and Fener (the Albino), like maybe Vizzini operating on his own?

We should be eyeballing low-mid posters as kills because killing finders is key. Of course, getting guarded is going to be a HUGE problem once people figure out that one guard = 1 less kill. The first person to get guarded will get lynched if the guard reveals.

D'riss, I do NOT believe him that he doesn't know the movie, way too energetic in his (so tell me about the plot) response.

I want to change the provisional from Anomandaris to D'riss. I like Ruse, I think he's a good choice for the other one.

Now for FenerDaddy seeing his role. Working with Vengy again! And he's got Peanutbutta and Jump to do the symping. It doesn't get much better.

Fener said:

Oh what a tangled web we weave... or not weave I guess. HD checking in as the Albino. Venge, nice to be working with you again. Peanutbutta... nice to see you can't F me over this game! LOL.

I just woke up like the drunk I am, so I've got some reading to do. I'll go with both provisional for now, maybe have some more to do after reading the thread.

Now Telas on his RI. I don't recall playing in the LOTR game on Modcraft, can't have been that Malaz elite :p

Telas said:

I know that, the first several games I played were all meat n' potatoes, and I was only rolled once. I'm even sorta good at it, I think I did well last game, despite being wrong on several assumptions, Ruse goddammit, but I just get so tired of it. It seems lately that if its not an everyone has a role game, I get inno. And when I get a good role, I blow it. Except the LOTR game on Mod Craft, I pwned as Sauron. And it had tons of Malaz elite in that game, so I know I wasn't just taking advantage of newbs, I had high caliber players suckered like you wouldn't believe. Dibs was defending me right up until my epic game winning reveal. But that wasn't meat n' taters, I still don't know what I'm gonna do. Maybe I'll fake symp someone just to get em lynched, that'll be fun.

And now Stalker/Rashan despite being paired up, complaining about being RI? Also i told him Tennes is the new guy. Someone sent me a PM vouching for him, lets see how he goes.

Rashan said:

Oh I do, I hate RI. All the games that got me hooked I had a role in. More fun for me that way.

Figured it may be the new guy, that's fine. If he is a noob I'll help out or whatever's needed.

And more Telas45... I wonder if he realises his Rhyming may get him killed for being Fezzik?

Telas said:

hehe, I'd forgotten about the rhyming. This could be fun after all...until they force its end. Maybe I'll say its forced. I'm the fucking narrator, or something.

And finally more HotSercButta. Good alt guess. She doesn't try to hide herself though... lets see how they go with Gem.

Serc said:

Anomandaris is bwgan. You can cash that check at the bank!

And again.. i've clarified the kills for him

Serc said:

So to clarify, the Albino and Rugen share kill #2 and if either of us is guarded, we lose #2?

Provisional 1 (Humperdink) - Ruse
Provisional 2 (Rugen/Albino) - D'riss

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

Ok Tapper i'm out now. Fener just sent a PM but I'll leave it for you to post. Tell him he's lucky to get a killer role, people are bitching about RI :p
I'm trying to delete them as I go just to keep the inbox down.

I'll be back in about 8 or so hours and will be able to mod off and on for most of the day. Don't expect too much to happen for a while with the 36 hour day.

I've clarified for the Killers.

Kill 1 is stopped if Humperdink is Guarded
Kill 2 is stopped if Rugen/Albino are Guarded.

#37 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on May 4 2009, 06:46 PM, said:

Ok Tapper i'm out now. Fener just sent a PM but I'll leave it for you to post. Tell him he's lucky to get a killer role, people are bitching about RI :p
I'm trying to delete them as I go just to keep the inbox down.

I'll be back in about 8 or so hours and will be able to mod off and on for most of the day. Don't expect too much to happen for a while with the 36 hour day.

I've clarified for the Killers.

Kill 1 is stopped if Humperdink is Guarded
Kill 2 is stopped if Rugen/Albino are Guarded.

okidoki.

The game is awesome so far, people are getting crazy.
Also, people should stop bitching about being RI. Roles are fun and all, but RIs do the dirty work and the kill catching, it's the one role where it's you and your thinky meats against the ebil outside world and if you suck, you can lose the game for your team.

There, motivational speech given.
1 more, I start making notes of these people and make them all RI in the Highlander game...
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:46 PM

10 PMs incoming...

Serc:

Since you're the Prince, do you know anything about the existence of scum other than myself (Rugen) and Fener (the Albino), like maybe Vizzini operating on his own?

We should be eyeballing low-mid posters as kills because killing finders is key. Of course, getting guarded is going to be a HUGE problem once people figure out that one guard = 1 less kill. The first person to get guarded will get lynched if the guard reveals.

D'riss, I do NOT believe him that he doesn't know the movie, way too energetic in his (so tell me about the plot) response.

I want to change the provisional from Anomandaris to D'riss. I like Ruse, I think he's a good choice for the other one.

Noted.

Also can we call them Provisional 1 and 2?

If Humperdink is Guarded you will lose Kill number 1. Otherwise you will lose number 2. It was meant to be in the role PM but got left out.

So to clarify, the Albino and Rugen share kill #2 and if either of us is guarded, we lose #2?

That is correct. Perhaps if you had a hobby that wasn't all about pain you wouldn't need help killing.

In the movie the Albino helped Rugen, it seemed the logical way to seperate them out. Otherwise you'd have an upstoppable kill.

I don't mind, I'm just trying to figure out what is an acceptable set of casualties. If I die, we lose a kill, BUT Humperdink could still get his kill off if the Albino gets guarded. Clearly keeping Humperdink alive is key.

However, since it does seem likely that we have at least one guard around, I would suggest that if for some reason we only get one kill off tonight we should be careful about launching into two kills.

Finally, does anyone else have the sneaking suspicion that Westley could take out Humperdink (or is Bulletproof?), Inigo could take out Rugen, and Fezzik could take out the Albino (he conked him unconscious in the movie). Makes me worry if that's the case.

Shadow:

(CC'd to:Path-Shaper)

OK, just dropping you a line - this is Kurt M.

This Day should take a while, so no need to strategize or code in-thread quite yet. I'm probably not even to post in-game for some hours - it's morning here, so probably not until my afternoon. Hopefully there won't be a speed-lynch.

My only question to P-S - if there's only one of us left, late in the game, can we self-Heal?

usually not. Unless Gavin wants to be generous. - Tapper

Fener:

Noted.

If Humperdink is Guarded you will lose Kill number 1. Otherwise you will lose number 2. It was meant to be in the role PM but got left out.

That is correct. Perhaps if you had a hobby that wasn't all about pain you wouldn't need help killing.

In the movie the Albino helped Rugen, it seemed the logical way to seperate them out. Otherwise you'd have an upstoppable kill.

I don't mind, I'm just trying to figure out what is an acceptable set of casualties. If I die, we lose a kill, BUT Humperdink could still get his kill off if the Albino gets guarded. Clearly keeping Humperdink alive is key.

However, since it does seem likely that we have at least one guard around, I would suggest that if for some reason we only get one kill off tonight we should be careful about launching into two kills.

Finally, does anyone else have the sneaking suspicion that Westley could take out Humperdink (or is Bulletproof?), Inigo could take out Rugen, and Fezzik could take out the Albino (he conked him unconscious in the movie). Makes me worry if that's the case.

Got it. Me and PB share the kill, Venge has his own. Now, Venge with his own kill is very good, but are Serc and I like paired-killers, or not? The mechanics are still VERY new to me. If one of us is guarded, our kill doesn't go through, I think. Which means we aren't necessarily paired, but a killing union?

Also, onto Vessily... he's got to be a Symp, I'd imagine, right? 3 bad guys against 20 good guys is terrible odds, even with the double kill. Gatekeeper is also a possible simp. Miracle Max HAS to be the Healer, and #1 priority. Lets look for anybody dropping Miracle Max clues. Fezic and Inigo make sense as guards, and Wesley and Buttercup as Finders.

Kesso is a happy RI:

You are all poor innocents caught up in the mess, rumour is Prince Humperdink needs some bodies to frame up Guildor for a war he wants to start and yours might be it. Its time to remove that Prince and have the nice old King back in power.
You are town and win when the scum are eliminated.

sweet, many thanks, :p

Bwgan-Ano being her modest self:

(CC'd to:Path-Shaper)

OK, just dropping you a line - this is Kurt M.

This Day should take a while, so no need to strategize or code in-thread quite yet. I'm probably not even to post in-game for some hours - it's morning here, so probably not until my afternoon. Hopefully there won't be a speed-lynch.

My only question to P-S - if there's only one of us left, late in the game, can we self-Heal?

Hi Kurt

I'm bwgan. So a relative newbie, and I have never played a healer before. :p I'm on GMT +1 (DST). I should be around for the rest of the evening, but have a family to get food for and entertain.

I hate day 1. There is so little to go on, and if it's left to me I'll probably pick a killer to heal!

Speak later

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:46 PM

PB-Serc, wow, he is red hot. Suicide Townie/ Gunslinger will soon be upgraded to Miracle Man, I think:

Noted.

Got it. Me and PB share the kill, Venge has his own. Now, Venge with his own kill is very good, but are Serc and I like paired-killers, or not? The mechanics are still VERY new to me. If one of us is guarded, our kill doesn't go through, I think. Which means we aren't necessarily paired, but a killing union?

Also, onto Vessily... he's got to be a Symp, I'd imagine, right? 3 bad guys against 20 good guys is terrible odds, even with the double kill. Gatekeeper is also a possible simp. Miracle Max HAS to be the Healer, and #1 priority. Lets look for anybody dropping Miracle Max clues. Fezic and Inigo make sense as guards, and Wesley and Buttercup as Finders.

Gatekeeper? You mean that guy who had the keys and pretended to not have them until Inigo told Fezzik to chop his arms off, lol?

I hadn't even considered symps, but you have a good point.

Here's my guess...

Fezzik is a guard.
Inigo Montoya has a Vig (and is probably going to use it on me if he can, LOL), maybe he gets a free Vig against me, too, if he can definitively 'find' me.
Westley is a finder, that seems likely considering how he tracked down Vizzini's group.
Buttercup... probably paired with Westley (lovers? maybe killing one will kill the other)
Vizzini almost certainly a symp, but for whom?
Miracle Max has to be the healer for sure. I'd say 'ressurecter' if that ability was in the game.
Max's wife? RI probably.
Lots of random RIs.

So with 24 players, the 1:3.5 rule says 6-7 total scum, but I get the feeling the bias is against us and it's likely 1 or 2 symps total.

More Serc:

I can't help but feel like Meanas is coding for later in the game. Check this post out.

He says 'finding' twice in the post, which is HELLA suspicious and makes me think he's coding for a finder partner.

Of course, this may be conspiracy shit, but I highly doubt he's a symp because check this shit out:
If you take every capitalized letter you get OABMTTAAIFCBAAO and if you run them through an anagram finder specifically including the word MAFIA you get this set of results.

The ones that strike me the most are:
Mafia A Abbot Coat
Mafia A Abbot Taco
Mafia A A Abbot Cot

If you try the same thing without one of the A's (because it was capitalized as the name of a player, Ano, and every other cap is the first letter of the line), you get basically the same list (without a free-standing 'A').

So another part of me thinks he's the 'Abbot' in the story that presides over the marriage. Since it's not a stretch to imagine an Abbot as a healer, he could be coding for a healer partner (paired with Miracle Max?), although that makes no sense because we all know a healer doesn't reveal.

Anyway, I'm heavily considering we take out Meanas if he isn't lynched today because there is SOMETHING suspicious about him.

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Tellan:

Princess Buttercup.
Being rescued was only part of it now you have to escape. Westley suggests hiding out as a town person as rumours have got out and they want him hanged!

You and Westley (Ampelas) can talk at all times. Westley will protect you and so between you have a shared BP for one Night. If Westley however is NKed you just couldn't bear it any more and will kill yourself. You are a member of the town.

Who wants to touch my perfect breasts? There's a shortage in the world you know....

Ask Ampelas, they seem the protective sort :p

I'd like to submit a complaint that 36 hour days are toooooo long, no sense of immediacy, but then I'm a complainer....

36 is right on time for this amount of players - 24 in Mafia 44 was way too short and led to rushed trains. Especially in higher tmdi, you'll need to get used to 36 hour days, 24 hour nights :p - Tapper

Rashan-Stalker, not doing a very good job of explaining the game, imho:

me to win this game. You were worried this was a spam message right?

Anyway, Stalker here. I think we have a nice little paired thing here so we should be able to protect each other and avoid the death by lynch. We can work out a code later if necessary but for now we'll just see what is happening, get a read on the others.

Sounds good. This is my first game so please tutor me with any info you feel is important as we go. :-)

Yeah no problem, basically don't make yourself look like a noob, if you have any questions ask me via PM and I'll help you out as soon as I can.

One rule right off the bat is never vote for night, that will usually get you killed. It is better to not vote than go with night.

Second- try to avoid contact with me on thread, we can talk to each other but don't make it obvious since the scum don't know each other (usually the case) and either of us would be a good target to be killed since we have a good base of power if we reach endgame together.

Finally, have fun and let me know if you need anything.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users