• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 45

#81 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

Having a bit of fun with Venge, who hasn't replied since :p

Sorry about that buddy. It would help if you two would sign your bloody messages.
I just assume that tapper is more perverted then you and would have thought that it would be just to funny to fuck with every body like that. Get a apt in a building that has a ton of coeds. :p

Tsk tsk Venge, how could you assume that of me Tapper ... me?

See what I did there? :p

- not signed on purpose.

- Tapper
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#82 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:43 PM

View Postalt146, on May 5 2009, 12:03 PM, said:

Nice move by Lish spotting galain as a symp, pity everyone else is ignoring him... And if the NAs stay as they are, there will only be one kill, meaning an extra night or two without a guard most likely.

Yup, indeed. Probably, inno's will be shushed asleep by this :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#83 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

View Postalt146, on May 5 2009, 05:03 PM, said:

And if the NAs stay as they are, there will only be one kill, meaning an extra night or two without a guard most likely.

Yeah. That could really mess up the innocents. :p
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#84 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

So I get pegged for Mr Average, lulz. I'm lying about school, BTW, just a deflection about my mostly-lurking style of gameplay. Glad Meanas is targetting a bunch of innos, but he did seem to pick up on the same potential-symp clues I got from Shadow earlier.

Probably should not push the Shadow case if possible. I'm going with Ruse simply because he's getting iced tonight (unless he's bullet-proof or we're guarded or he's healed) and that should drop some suspicion on me.

If we need to push for Shadow let's not make a big wave of it. Maybe one person goes Shadow.

If you want to go for Ruse go for him.

Path-Shaper if Ruse gets lynched then kill Emu.

So, Ruse (Emu = back up) + Meanas, correct?

- Tapper

#85 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

Korlat to fellow killers:

So I get pegged for Mr Average, lulz. I'm lying about school, BTW, just a deflection about my mostly-lurking style of gameplay. Glad Meanas is targetting a bunch of innos, but he did seem to pick up on the same potential-symp clues I got from Shadow earlier.

Probably should not push the Shadow case if possible. I'm going with Ruse simply because he's getting iced tonight (unless he's bullet-proof or we're guarded or he's healed) and that should drop some suspicion on me.

If we need to push for Shadow let's not make a big wave of it. Maybe one person goes Shadow.

If you want to go for Ruse go for him.

Path-Shaper if Ruse gets lynched then kill Emu.

#86 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

Well DiBs kinda has the right idea - he doesnt know that the healers are paired and that guarding will potentially stop a kill. How funny would it be if he did stop a kill and didnt realise it as a different kill went through :p

Anyway, Bent didnt know about this, so I'm making sure you guys do - be sure to put the hammer vote into the manager. Cool things happen :p
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#87 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:18 PM

Ano:

Actually, no, I don't. I'm more and more convinced that we've got this group to worry about:

D'riss
Gamelon
Galain
Meanas

This is mostly based on what a mess Meanas and Gamelon tried to make of the thread once a bit of pressure was applied to D'riss. Especially Meanas' absurd cases, which feel like an attempt to clutter things up and draw everyone off. I'm only about 50% convinced D'riss is scum, but the reaction to my vote is making me more confident.

I suspect that the Killers are laying very low, and we're really only dealing with Symps. CFs should be a big clue as to who gets taken out - certain characters from the movie will obviously be Killers & Symps.

As to our action, I'm thinking:

Heal Korvalain

Who seems to be Inno, and is mixing it up in the thread, making him a possible target. Frankly, I think the most likely person to get Killed tonight will be me - if I get up to ten votes today, I'm going to reveal, since a lynch is inevitable at that point. If I don't have to reveal, the Killers may keep me around to try and push a lynch on me tomorrow - which will backfire horribly on them, of course, since if I live that long I'll definitely reveal befor I get hammered.

We definitely need to start thinking about a code, since I don't expect to live past Night 2 no matter what.

I'm thinking we use the word: HEALER, since that gives us each three letters to encode.

I'll take HEA, and at some point in the next few hours make a post where the first three sentences start with I, F, B, (H, E, A, bumped up one letter in the alphabet). Just make a post at some point using M, F, S, (L, E, R, bumped up) as the starting letters of three sentences, and make sure to make a note somewhere of my post and yours so you can find them easily if you have to Prove Inno.

Okay. Ironically I was just rereading Korv's posts and thinking he might be symping Telas...that's the trouble at this stage. I don't think you'll get lynched today though. And I am about to vote D'riss...I didn't want it to seem too close to yours. I haven't come in with a defence of you, as that would cast suspicion our way, but hopefully the D'riss train will build a bit of steam.

Can't we heal you? Or is that against the rules/spirit?

#88 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:19 PM

View Postalt146, on May 5 2009, 02:17 PM, said:

Well DiBs kinda has the right idea - he doesnt know that the healers are paired and that guarding will potentially stop a kill. How funny would it be if he did stop a kill and didnt realise it as a different kill went through :p

Anyway, Bent didnt know about this, so I'm making sure you guys do - be sure to put the hammer vote into the manager. Cool things happen :p

Oww. Have to update the manager.... Totally forgot about that!

#89 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

Also, I'll be lodging a formal complaint against all 24 players. They're far too sensible for day 1.

#90 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Omtose:

Fener is staying very quiet and about two miles below radar so far, and Korlat has already said that he won't be on much because of RL...

... this could be the easiest team evil win ever :p

Unless I fuck it up.

It's day 1 :p

#91 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

Venge would like to off his guard symp....

Any more thought on our symps?

Look at this comment from Shadow:

View PostShadow, on May 5 2009, 11:10 AM, said:

*snip*

Because of the full-CF, as well, we should remember that it may be possible to identify Symps if they come up "Inno," depending on what name they're given (someone CF'd as Inno in faction, but Vizzini in Role, would obviously be a Symp, for example).

Any particular reason he'd pick Vizzini for a symp when the scene sets him up to look like starting scum?

Check out this one from Rashan (who is playing VERY low):

View PostRashan, on May 5 2009, 09:35 AM, said:

*snip*
But I feel that Silanah's partner talk was RL related and someone was strawmanning it out of proportion. Think about it in terms of mafia, if they were partnered then they already know who their partner is and there would be no reason to annoucne that on thread. I'd be looking for the master/symp trying to signal, but it is possible they know each other since the opening scene has some evil working close together.

It sounds like evil is comprised of Vinizzi, Count Rugen, and the Prince. But that isn't quite balanced so I would expect evil to have 1 likely 2 symps on their team. One of them is probably the Prince's right-hand man that guards the gate (not sure the name) and my guess for the other would be the Albino since he works with Rugen to torture.

I haven't really seen anything too suspicious, except that Ruse thing talking about the name in the browser. But more on that in a minute let me dig something up.

edit: nevermind my game changing idea was actually a time zone fail on my part. I still think Ruse may have been signaling but hard to say at this point.

Either a huge meta-guess (we suspected the guard as a potential symp, too), or maybe he's clearly trying to signal us.

Ruse, the case I presented makes me think he's either an overt symp or a chatty town power role. Not sure I have a read on him. You guys still want to kill him tonight?

Actually I have been having second thoughts about Ruse I like keeping chaty cathy's around for a while. I think that Killing meanas is a good idea as with his death it might look like he was on to something when really he wasn't on to shit. I think that we should pick another player who isn't super lynch able but has pointed fingers at people. How about Omtose instead of Ruse?

#92 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

Fener has his own ideas:

*snip*

Because of the full-CF, as well, we should remember that it may be possible to identify Symps if they come up "Inno," depending on what name they're given (someone CF'd as Inno in faction, but Vizzini in Role, would obviously be a Symp, for example).

Any particular reason he'd pick Vizzini for a symp when the scene sets him up to look like starting scum?

*snip*
But I feel that Silanah's partner talk was RL related and someone was strawmanning it out of proportion. Think about it in terms of mafia, if they were partnered then they already know who their partner is and there would be no reason to annoucne that on thread. I'd be looking for the master/symp trying to signal, but it is possible they know each other since the opening scene has some evil working close together.

It sounds like evil is comprised of Vinizzi, Count Rugen, and the Prince. But that isn't quite balanced so I would expect evil to have 1 likely 2 symps on their team. One of them is probably the Prince's right-hand man that guards the gate (not sure the name) and my guess for the other would be the Albino since he works with Rugen to torture.

I haven't really seen anything too suspicious, except that Ruse thing talking about the name in the browser. But more on that in a minute let me dig something up.

edit: nevermind my game changing idea was actually a time zone fail on my part. I still think Ruse may have been signaling but hard to say at this point.

Either a huge meta-guess (we suspected the guard as a potential symp, too), or maybe he's clearly trying to signal us.

Ruse, the case I presented makes me think he's either an overt symp or a chatty town power role. Not sure I have a read on him. You guys still want to kill him tonight?

With the amount of people being figured I have absolutely no idea how to begin reading people as possible symps. Korvelain strikes me very much like Slick Mongoose of last game, but I doubt he'd play again the same way he did after all most getting lynched for it. If I'm a symp, I'd probably laying low, knowing that none of my master's were in trouble yet. Either that, or I'd be at the top being mostly useless.

#93 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

Possibly soon to be deceased Omtose:

Loved Meanas's average analysis. Completely wrong, but great. This should be done more often. He had one of the killers in his short list, so it was just luck of the draw with his final answer. I think the only problem with his method is that killers who are trying to "play average" are not generally counting posts and trying to stick close to a median.

He needs to come up with some more objective description of "average" in post content :p This could be a three-year research project for him.

I would question his use of plus or minus three for the variability, though. I'd like to know what kind of analysis led him to conclude that plus/minus three was an accurate estimate of the error. I'd probably call him out on it if I was inno, but fuck, it might lead to him finding one of the killers :p

#94 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Venge was changing again, this is Fener's reply:

*snip*

*snip*

With the amount of people being figured I have absolutely no idea how to begin reading people as possible symps. Korvelain strikes me very much like Slick Mongoose of last game, but I doubt he'd play again the same way he did after all most getting lynched for it. If I'm a symp, I'd probably laying low, knowing that none of my master's were in trouble yet. Either that, or I'd be at the top being mostly useless.

After looking at the post count I don't think that we should take out two high posters in the first day. It has a tendancy to slow things down to much later on in the game. You guys take out Meanas and I will take out Telas.

Frankely there isn't really that much on him so it will be harder to get him lynched and that whole rythming bit could totally be some kind of code. I doubt it but that is what I would say after he dies.

So Provisional 1. kill Telas (if for some reason the lynch goes at Telas then kill Omtose)

Provisional 2 kill Meanas (I doubt that Meanas is going to get lynched but if he does who do you guys think we should kill)

Gamelon or Galain... one of them is fingering the other. Perhaps someone completely random, like Barghast?

#95 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

Korv:

Thoughts.

Scum guesses

Ampelas
D'riss
Ruse

I say 2 if not 3 of those are scum

Alt guesses

Meanas - Peanutbutta
Ruse - Hoosierdaddy or Malaese (not sure f HD is playing, but they play similar)
Silanah- Tapper

I get tired of being ignored, if is a shit case, tell me, and i'll move on, but ignoring it (or in most cases, not even reading it) piss me off to no end.

Also

Buttons

It would be kinda weird if I was in the game :p

- Tapper

Shit...who else drinks wine? bastards!!!!

Also

radio

#96 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Korlat again:

*snip*

Actually I have been having second thoughts about Ruse I like keeping chaty cathy's around for a while. I think that Killing meanas is a good idea as with his death it might look like he was on to something when really he wasn't on to shit. I think that we should pick another player who isn't super lynch able but has pointed fingers at people. How about Omtose instead of Ruse?

I read both of your responses and they have good points. Korlat's, reprinted here, is probably a good way to go. I think Korvalian (who Fener is discussing) is worth having around.

Let's face it guys, you two are COMPLETELY off-radar right now and I've only been mentioned for being an AVERAGE poster (which should change since I've got a case up right now).

I'd agree that a Meanas kill would prompt a tailspin hunt and Korvalian is likely to get himself killed.

Ruse worries me simply because if he isn't a symp, he might be unkillable (Westley comes to mind, again) and we have to lynch him. Not sure town would get a fully-BP guy, might just be one-off, but can we afford to waste that time?

Omtose is as good as anyone else. Any particular reason, Korlat?

No not really but I changed my mind as you can see in the last message. I thought that Omtose was playing a nice clean game. I have since reread the thread a little and Telas would make a better target then Omtose if Telas has the good fortune to be lynched. :p Although right now it is starting to look like D'riss is going to get lynched...

#97 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

*snip*

*snip*

After looking at the post count I don't think that we should take out two high posters in the first day. It has a tendancy to slow things down to much later on in the game. You guys take out Meanas and I will take out Telas.

Frankely there isn't really that much on him so it will be harder to get him lynched and that whole rythming bit could totally be some kind of code. I doubt it but that is what I would say after he dies.

So Provisional 1. kill Telas (if for some reason the lynch goes at Telas then kill Omtose)

Provisional 2 kill Meanas (I doubt that Meanas is going to get lynched but if he does who do you guys think we should kill)

Gamelon or Galain... one of them is fingering the other. Perhaps someone completely random, like Barghast?

yeah I like either barghast or Kessobahn as a back up to Meanas.

#98 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Shadow + Ano:

Post 369, for me; has three sentences starting with first letters in sequence as I - F - B.

Okay, mine was 376 M - F - S.

Do you want to put in a prov to P-S healing you and if that's not poss - Korv?

Sounds fine.

#99 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

yeah I like either barghast or Kessobahn as a back up to Meanas.

Let's pick Barghast. I have sentimental attachment to Kessobahn since I've played on him in two of my three games on Malaz. (Just let him live at least a day!)

Provisional 2: Kill Meanas. If Meanas is lynched, kill Barghast.

#100 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

Serc

Hrm...

I'd probably put my money on Tellan right now as Malaese. It's not definitive (hard to imagine him participating in the rhyming), but he says a lot of things that are similar to Tellan's talk.

I also figured it might be Korv but Malaese never logged onto P-S so that could be a lie if I'm right in that guess.

Ugh I hate it because I am certain he's guessed me by now and will be watching every damn post I make!

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users