Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:47 PM

Hulu attached to your D sounds painful.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#11462 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:08 PM

Well this looks lovely. A lot of this teaser gave me Pixar by way of Miyazaki vibes. Which is a good thing.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11463 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:33 PM

Sequel to District 9 being worked on! I flipping loved that film so I'm definitely in!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#11464 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:42 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 26 February 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

Sequel to District 9 being worked on! I flipping loved that film so I'm definitely in!

It's nice to see Blomkamp return to the thing that made him famous...though let's leave the problematic S.A. white rap duo out of it this time.

And I LOVED D9, so I'll be on board to check this out.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11465 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:04 PM

Bad Boys For Life. Started shaky but loved it. By the middle it was properly on the money for a Bad Boys movie.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#11466 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:24 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 26 February 2021 - 11:04 PM, said:

Bad Boys For Life. Started shaky but loved it. By the middle it was properly on the money for a Bad Boys movie.

Yes! Agree agree. Such a fun flick!

#11467 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:17 PM

Caught the very last scene of Demolition Man as I was surfing around. Sylvester Stallone's character has a line where he says something about wanting to know how that damn three seashells thing works. Um, what is that about?

#11468 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:09 PM

Anyone watched Sound of Metal? I've read great things. Riz Ahmed is currently one of my favorite actors.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 28 February 2021 - 11:10 PM

#11469 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:40 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 February 2021 - 09:17 PM, said:

Caught the very last scene of Demolition Man as I was surfing around. Sylvester Stallone's character has a line where he says something about wanting to know how that damn three seashells thing works. Um, what is that about?

Hey guys, Kazoiee doesn't know how to use the three sea shells, he he he.

#11470 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:17 PM

This is available Friday. On any you guys' radar?

I remember when it was announced (a few years ago now I believe), I thought it sounded pretty cool. I'm not sure what the final cut of this entails but I'll be looking for reviews to see how it is received.

#11471 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 March 2021 - 11:05 PM

We paid for the premium access on Disney+ to watch RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON and it was beyond worth the $35 extra. A spectacular movie start to finish. Gorgeously animated, wonderful voice cast, great score, and a wonderful south East Asian story.

Amazing, if you’re even considering the extra coin for it, do it. Worth it!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 06 March 2021 - 11:06 PM

#11472 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:19 AM

No singing in it.

#11473 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 March 2021 - 03:26 AM

Damn. I wouldn’t let my kid watch it tonight cause I didn’t want to fork over $35 and not be worth it.

I’ll probably break if she asks tomorrow now.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#11474 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:05 AM

I'm gonna watch Raya tonight, now I'm pretty excited.
For recent movies:
I did watch Tom and Jerry -- it kinda sucks. I think Rob Delaney and Michael Pena are two of the funnier dudes around, so I gave it a shot. No fun for adults, and probably pretty boring for kids too as Tom and Jerry are essentially just two members of an ensemble cast of mostly doofy humans. Occasional mayhem ensues.

And also Coming 2 America -- which doesn't 'suck' per se but is underwhelming. The main plot is okay if predictable -- a next gen reverse-retread of the first movie -- but there's little warmth or charisma to most of the new characters. None of them are Eddie Murphy at his height, that's for sure. Wesley Snipes is great though, and for all its assembly line plot mechanics there are some good messages and even some laughs. I think it's best taken as a cast-and-character reunion special, as most of the fun stuff is with like the barbershop guys, the preacher, etc. returning.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#11475 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:42 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 March 2021 - 12:19 AM, said:

No singing in it.

Awwww :crybaby:

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#11476 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:36 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 March 2021 - 12:19 AM, said:

No singing in it.

Oh thank goodness.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#11477 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:20 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 March 2021 - 10:17 PM, said:

This is available Friday. On any you guys' radar?

I remember when it was announced (a few years ago now I believe), I thought it sounded pretty cool. I'm not sure what the final cut of this entails but I'll be looking for reviews to see how it is received.

*flicks-dust-off-left-shoulder You fuckers are welcome.

Now ima do you another solid and proffer this advice: find Awkwafina is Nora From Queens. Thank me later. ... nuff said.

#11478 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 March 2021 - 04:19 AM

Nah, the stuff on MAX is genuinely on MAX while also in theaters, and anyone with MAX can watch it -- but then it gets pulled from MAX after like a month or so (maybe so dollar theaters can show it too? Or I dunno, maybe for DVD sales).

The Disney thing is closer to the way some studios are putting their movies up immediately for rental but charging family-in-theater prices for that rental, with the Disney caveat being you have to have Disney+ already too.

Anyway, Raya was pretty awesome. If your kids are like 2-3 years away from being able to handle Avatar: TLA (for its maturity level or its series-length attention span), Raya is is a very good younger take on a similar kind of lesson. And while there's no singing in it UNFORTUNATELY, the score is reaaaally nice.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#11479 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:57 PM

View Postworry, on 08 March 2021 - 04:19 AM, said:

The Disney thing is closer to the way some studios are putting their movies up immediately for rental but charging family-in-theater prices for that rental, with the Disney caveat being you have to have Disney+ already too.

And honestly, with my whole family of 4 watching, the $35 price tag ain't bad considering what I'd pay for the 4 of us to sit in a theatre for it. As long as the release is worth the cost, I'll pay the upcharge.

View Postworry, on 08 March 2021 - 04:19 AM, said:

Anyway, Raya was pretty awesome. If your kids are like 2-3 years away from being able to handle Avatar: TLA (for its maturity level or its series-length attention span), Raya is is a very good younger take on a similar kind of lesson. And while there's no singing in it UNFORTUNATELY, the score is reaaaally nice.

I jumped on Spotify the minute the movie ended to nab the score. Really good stuff.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 08 March 2021 - 01:58 PM

#11480 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:53 AM

Just watched an El Rey Nation (RIP by the way El Rey Network, sucks it's gone now, maybe it will come back again like G4/Aots?)), where they had to make a movie into a rom·com. The Human Centipede came up. The scenario was the talking (or head) of the human centipede falls in love with one of the middle segments. It was profoundly disturbing, but also hilarious. One of the lines (obvi) they came up with was - "you complete me".

Share this topic:

• 642 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users