• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#11081 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 February 2020 - 10:46 PM

Parasite was phenomenal. We really liked it, yet we understood why there was no best supporting actor nomination or best actor nomination (I'm smushing together actress and actor). There's no dominant performance and yet the movie is all the better for it. Each character gets time to shine and they all present a damning and hilarious view of capitalism.

Absolutely worth the time and deserved every award.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#11082 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:57 PM

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie.

If you are in any way a fan of Breaking Bad, if you even tacitly have found BB an enjoyable series, then El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie is a must watch. It is superb. That first 1/2 hour is filled with so many nostalgia feelz that you'll be leaping off your couch or chair whooping with fists pumping, and then you'll be in quiet reflection with misty eyes in remembering how impactful the show and the characters have on each other (and you as the viewer). And these moments continue throughout the movie. And good god, watching the movie, how I am reminded at how brilliant Vince Gilligan and his crew are at setting up shots with locations and angles and background scenery and fuckin' hell it's humbling to see someone so good at his art. Burgeoning filmmakers, watch work headed by Vince Gilligan and take notes. The way scenes are setup and shot in this movie are every bit a living/breathing "character" as those reading lines.

#11083 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

Jordan Peele has really carved out a niche for himself in the horror genre, and has put out some quality work.

I've never seen the original, any good?

#11084 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 December 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

'No Time To Die' Has Officially Been Postponed Several Months Over Coronavirus Concerns

#11085 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 08 March 2020 - 06:12 PM

Is 1917 any good? Worth a movie mission?

#11086 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:05 AM

Saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last night, and that was a treat. I understand why it was a contender for best movie, and why Pitt won for best supporting actor. The final twist was such a relief. And the violence was surprisingly funny.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#11087 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2020/03/09/star-wars-r-rated-movie-hoth-scott-derrickson/

Posted Image

#11088 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:21 AM

It’s a horror movie starring mutants...it was made before the Disney buy of Fox...and shelved since then. Do not expect it to be good. It sounds like it was a mess even when it was being made.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11089 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:25 AM

So in reading about Max von Sydow passing I was pulled down a rabbit hole and looking on IMDB to recall what I've seen him in. Conan came up and I had one of those "oh yeah, totally forgot he was in that movie" moments. Then I got pulled into a Conan movie rabbit hole and was reminded at how epic the soundtrack is.

#11090 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:51 PM

Boooooooo! New Mutants has been delayed. I had plans to see the midnight opening! Posted Imagegrrrrrr.....

https://comicbook.co...delayed-disney/

Posted Image

#11091 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:40 AM

Okay, this is right in my wheelhouse. I get strong Fargo vibes off it. Dontcha guys just love the quirky locations that can be found all over America?

In 'Blow the Man Down,' a Down East noir where women are tougher than men

#11092 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:42 AM

Needed something light hearted so re_watched LIAR LIAR. Still such a funny flick
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11093 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:32 PM

Liar Liar? I think I've heard of it. Is that the new biopic about Trump's presidency?

#11094 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:07 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 March 2020 - 10:42 AM, said:

Needed something light hearted so re_watched LIAR LIAR. Still such a funny flick

Liar Liar's cool but the best thing to come out of it is this outtake.

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#11095 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:15 AM

Watched Jexi last night, an Amazon exclusive, silly little romcomesque film, basically a guys phone helper 'Jexi' tries to ruin his life. Short and surprisingly funny

#11096 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:25 PM

Finding myself watching movies that I've seen but its been awhile since my last viewing. So I watched Big Trouble in Little China over the weekend. Do you guys grasp how awesome a movie it is? It truly is special and in rarefied air of kick assery.

#11097 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:14 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 07 April 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

Finding myself watching movies that I've seen but its been awhile since my last viewing. So I watched Big Trouble in Little China over the weekend. Do you guys grasp how awesome a movie it is? It truly is special and in rarefied air of kick assery.

Kim Cattrall PLUS green eyes...SIGH. She was top of my list of most attractive for a long, long time after that movie...

#11098 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:43 AM

Watching PUBLIC ENEMIES...never seen it, really good! But then it's Michael Mann, so that's expected. Depp and Bale are excellent in it.

#11099 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:32 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 March 2020 - 02:21 AM, said:

It’s a horror movie starring mutants...it was made before the Disney buy of Fox...and shelved since then. Do not expect it to be good. It sounds like it was a mess even when it was being made.

It's going to suck.

I will watch it eventually (free) because, at least visually, Magik, but it is going. To suck.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#11100 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:37 PM

View PostAbyss, on 09 April 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 March 2020 - 02:21 AM, said:

It's going to suck.

I will watch it eventually (free) because, at least visually, Magik, but it is going. To suck.

Yep. The studio (Fox, who spent the money to make this) refused to release it constantly, even in doldrum months where this kind of known bad flick is released when nothing else is out...they KNEW it was a turkey and have been trying to find the best way and time to release it so they don't lose everything on it for like 2+ years, but once the Fox buyout went through I expect Disney no longer gives a shit, so they are just releasing it and let it flop to get it off their shelves. It's not their problem, it was the detritus of the Fox Deal that only mattered to the Fox bottom line, not the Disney one.

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users